Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because you all asked (or not): an update on character creation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because you all asked (or not): an update on character creation.

It's 10:30PM EST on Monday, and we have still recieved no 'update' on the disabling of character creation on half of the WoW servers. This after being snubbed for over a week, promised an update on Friday the 27th, and then being snubbed again. Thousands of new players are angry at what basically amounts to a bait and switch on Blizzard's part- sell the game advertising the ability to 'play online with your friends,' then take away this ability, without notice, and pretend the problem does not exist.

As I type right now, every post on the WoW forums pertaining to character creation is being deleted, and the users banned from the forums for 'trolling.' Meanwhile, I guess Blizzard feels like they owe their customers nothing, not even the content originally promised, and are free to wallow in their piles of money ($75 million a month in subscriptions alone, fyi).

Needless to say, I'm growing agitated. I can't believe I actually gave Blizzard a second chance after how I was so royally screwed over with DiabloII (In case you want to know- Battle.net was horrible, and never worked properly. Despite this, I still played. Then my characters vanished from the servers. Soon after, my cdkey was compromised with no help of my own. The entire time, every single attempt to contact Blizzard for support, be it by phone, email, or carrier pigeon, failed.)

Do I like the game? Yes. But I think I'm going to be pursuing a refund, and encouraging many others to join me.

Simply rediculous.
    [TG]epheneh

Re: Because you all asked (or not): an update on character creation.

I understand you frustration. Blizzard needs to Hire more people to help with the problem and recompensate the people for the time that they have lost by having to wait.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Agreed, ... it's unfortunate you're having such problems. MORE unfortunate is Blizzard's reactions. I wish there was something we could do to help. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
        Agreed, ... it's unfortunate you're having such problems. MORE unfortunate is Blizzard's reactions. I wish there was something we could do to help. :(
        I'm pissed off about this. We have already discussed this, we have three options:

1. Change realms as a Guild.

2. Start a splinter Horde Guild (Horde or Otherwise) on a new server for those that cannot participate on Thunderhorn.

3. Do nothing.

One way or another, the situation, to my mind is untenable.

We have SUPPORTING MEMBERS that want access to a Guild that because of a third party's decision they do not have access to.

Our obligation is to the players here, not to our Guild affiliates.
        Last edited by Mateo; 01-31-2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Personally I would be all for #1 on Mateo's list of options.

Comment

If you were to change realms, I would have to wish you a happy trails. I have too much invested in this realm.

Comment

Originally posted by Altor
              If you were to change realms, I would have to wish you a happy trails. I have too much invested in this realm.
              Which is why I think that #2 is more viable.

Comment

i agree with mateo, i have too much invested on this server, plus, who's prices would i complain about if there was no rhogan? 0.-
                powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I don't think I will be moving, realm wise. I have too many friends here and its hard for me to gain new ones. I think we should create the Horde as a Temporary fix, and then when the server comes up recreate. hopefully it will be up soon.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

#2 is the best solution to the current issue though. Personally I hope that Blizzard will get their act together and re-open character creation.

Comment

If came to moving I would go wherever TG does. No real reason for me not to. I've started my mage twice, what's once more? But yes, a few of us have horde toons on Alexstraza (sp?). I don't play very often but it's something worth discussing, most definitely.

Comment

Does blizzard have a plan in place to deal with full servers? Can existing people still create alts or is everyone not able to create new characters? I can understand people's frustrations, but at what point is the server too full of individual accounts to cause performance issues? I suppose someday Blizz may open up the ability to move from server to server, but I think until then the needs of the many (people already on a server) out-weigh the need of the few (new people trying to get onto a server). That being said, Blizz could deal with the situation much better.

I'd elect to stay here, as I too have done too much here to start all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by mblatcher
                          Does blizzard have a plan in place to deal with full servers?
                          Not yet. I believe their official position is something like: "See all those servers marked new? Go to it."

Note: that is the correct position for them to take.

Can existing people still create alts or is everyone not able to create new characters?
                          Yes. Players that are already on the server can create 1000 alts. That's why calling it character creation is something of a misnomer. What they actually do is block new players from entering the server.

I can understand people's frustrations, but at what point is the server too full of individual accounts to cause performance issues?
                          Anyone that played on Thunderhorn over the Holidays can attest: Thunderhorn is just about there.

I suppose someday Blizz may open up the ability to move from server to server, but I think until then the needs of the many (people already on a server) out-weigh the need of the few (new people trying to get onto a server).
                          Nice Star Trek reference.

Not everyone that is listed in the Guild is a Supporting Member, nor do they contribute much of their time, and those players are the loudest in their "I'll vote with my feet" chorus.

To my mind, what is good for the Tactical Gamer Community is more players that support the community with their time and dollars, not just showing up in the game when we are doing something cool.

If a player is not willing to contribute in one of those ways, their vote immediately becomes background noise to me: players that contribute get preference.

So, the many (that is those already in the Guild) may outweigh the needs of the few (those trying to join), if and only if there are more SMs clamoring to stay then those that want to join.

This is no knock on you, BTW, as your contributiocns have been many.

That being said, Blizz could deal with the situation much better.
                          Agreed.

I'd elect to stay here, as I too have done too much here to start all over again.
                          Since we are just talking, you won't have to make that decision.

Comment

I’m new in TG, not a supporting member yet, but I honestly think I should have the right to say something even if I’m not paying for it and this opinion should be respected as any other since we may contribute with our in-game dedication, helping our guildies in quest ... :(

I really like the philosophy and the way TG administrates the guild. I didn’t join it for personal purposes and I’m not "just showing up in the game when we are doing something cool".

This is my honest opinion; I was about to post when I saw Mateo’s response...

I have invested too much time in this character and never played in other realm since Feb. 05. All my friends are here and the option #1 is impossible for me.

Option #2, indeed is the best option. However, I don’t even have the time I’d like to spend with my toons in 1 realm; in two realms it will be impossible...

As a third suggestion, I think that our members that are not being able to create a char in Thunderhorn could start a horde guild in another server.

This alternative is very close to option #2 proposal. New players will be happy to play WoW and level up their – totally new – characters, while those TG members in Thunderhorn with a 60 – some of us have more than 1 – toon will be able to create a horde one and play there when they have time to do so.

It’s very hard to get a char to level 60, considering a decent gear and nice stuff, otherwise you could make it in 15 days – people charge money to do so.

In my opinion, as a very new member, I think promoting TG in Thunderhorn and getting people to know our guild will grant us more recruits, more supporting members as well.

In my case, unfortunately, I really don’t have time to play – seriously – in 2 different servers and I just can’t do anything without commitment, even when I’m playing, having fun with my friends/family/gf I dedicate 100% of myself, the very best of me to these moments...

So, I’m sorry to disagree with solutions #1 and #2, but I think what I’m proposing is a mid term, a point where new players will be able to start their chars and we’ll play in the new server eventually, but my main char and three alts, my friends, everything is in Thunderhorn…

Maybe a fourth solution:

“Will it be possible to have a horde-GM in the new server and keep our alliance just the way it is?”
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sacredlord
                              Maybe a fourth solution:

“Will it be possible to have a horde-GM in the new server and keep our alliance just the way it is?”
                              Great post Sacred!

We are discussing, in the admins forum, something like that.

I'm not suggesting with Option #2 that EVERYONE has to move.

This would be an ALT-Guild, strictly voluntary, and would get those blocked up and running with the Guild in some manner while the lock is in place.

The Alliance Guild would be unaffected insofar as possible.

You can all breathe a sigh of relief now. :icon19:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X