Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder - Guild Values

/begin rant

From the Guild Values Statement...a reminder to us all. I've been told that some of us need this reminder.

4. Mutual Respect - We strive to act with respect toward all TG members and expect that to be reciprocated. Abusive or foul language and disrespectful actions or statements will not be tolerated.
    If there is any question about this, calling other players or guild members "noob" or the equivalent is inconsistent with this value. Even if you think they deserve it...don't do it. Part of being a mature player is having sufficient self-control to "walk away".

If you think a guild member is out of line or needs to change their behavior, call them on it. If you'd rather take a less direct action, talk to any guild officer. We'll handle things in an appropriate manner.

If none of this applies to you, be glad. Being in TG is about more than knowing how to play your character.

/end rant
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Reminder - Guild Values

Thanks beep.

Comment

Calling another 60 a newb, noob, nub, n ewb e, is all in jest for me. Everyone knows its done with no ill intent, and never done to anyone who doest have at least one 60, well almost never. The term will be around as long as video games are out there, and people will say it jokingly always. If you are offended by this, say so, I will put you on the list of people who cant take a joke.

Comment

There is a big difference in needling your friends for fun and sticking a needle in for pain.

Fun is never out of place. Pain is never welcome.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Ctuchik
          Calling another 60 a newb, noob, nub, n ewb e, is all in jest for me. Everyone knows its done with no ill intent, and never done to anyone who doest have at least one 60, well almost never. The term will be around as long as video games are out there, and people will say it jokingly always. If you are offended by this, say so, I will put you on the list of people who cant take a joke.
          I can see your point, but as a mature, tactical gaming community, we should be able to express ourselves without resorting to name calling.

I'm not saying don't have fun, but with the influx of new players, you need to be cognizant of how the Guild is portrayed, and part of that is our chat communication.

While I know everyone is helpful and mostly tactically sound, if you all are slinging "noob" around like a bunch of frikin' 14 year olds, it makes us look immature, and that's not going to keep and retain the level of players we want to keep.

As Supporting Members, we can do better, that's all I am saying.

You need to do that, take it to whisper.

Comment

But Adrielle is a n00b.....and my sister so I can totally pick on her. I dont think I have picked on anyone else except Manny when he TOTALLY asked for it....like he literally asked for someone to pick on him. I apologized to him afterward though, and if I have picked on anyone else other than my family I apologize. As for my family they can just suck it up cuz they are cool like that.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Whats going to maintain the " level of player" we want to keep is more ingame that what you can imagine. #1 Reason People Leave Guilds: Lack of assistance. Think we have that base covered. #2 Reason: LACK OF CONTENT. This is being resolved with the MC, ZG runs. I dont think we have anyone who "spams" the word newb on a regular basis, and I still dont know what this post is about. Obviously someone called someone a newb and here we are. Its going to happen, people are going to slip, I think its so commonplace the term holds no meaning for most of us anymore. Ive been on TH since day one, ive been called a newb a million and one times, as have most of us. I just see this thread as developing into something it shouldnt and being more of an argument than it should. If someone has a problem with someone calling them a newb, take it to your guild administation and have them take it to the person, or just flat out tell them, "stop calling me a newb."

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderland
                But Adrielle is a n00b.....and my sister so I can totally pick on her. I dont think I have picked on anyone else except Manny when he TOTALLY asked for it....like he literally asked for someone to pick on him. I apologized to him afterward though, and if I have picked on anyone else other than my family I apologize. As for my family they can just suck it up cuz they are cool like that.

*takes no offense*

I know I'm a n00bler. I think it's kind of endearing, really. :D

But yeah, you shouldn't call people n00bs if you aren't 100% sure that they won't mind. It's dangeresque.

Comment

As many of you guys know, im not the best or the brightest arrow in the quiver. I tend to screw up A LOT. So, I've come to live with a life of ridicule. I've gotten some from the guild, but its 95% been in jest and 5% been helpful. As far as I can remeber, which isnt far, I haven't had but maybe one problem with being respectful. For the most part everyone seems to be respectful, even though I know a few/all of you guys would like to wring my neck.
                  The noob things kinda seems like someone isn't realizing that who ever said it was not meaning it in a spiteful way. We all joke around, and if you arent comfortable with that, just let us know. I tend to make some weird comments most of the time, not b/c im trying to make people uncomfortable, but to try and be funny and make them laugh. Although, most of the time I end up just looking/sounding like an idiot.

Also those who think that "newbie" is not a word and is something that us just used in spite, should realize that it is a REAL word. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=newbie

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Zedd, your so cool.

Comment

/agrees

Comment

this guild wouldnt be what it is (to me) without all the comic releif