Follow-up: Molten Core

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow-up: Molten Core

1.) EXCELLENT JOB!! Even though we didn't take down a boss, 46% on the first night is damn good.

2.) EXCELLENT JOB!! Everyone listened, followed instructions to a tee, all people were at the top of their game, I thank you and salute your resolve to being outstanding gamers!!

What went wrong.........

TIME: Time is always against you in any instance. For MC those Corehounds respawn extremely fast.

MODS: For all decursive class, pallies, druids, mages, priest, Decursive is a mod and is a must for out next go. This will help you keep those curse and effects nullified.

OVERALL: My hats off to everyone who put in the time, the mats, the effort in general for this run. The raid group was about 90% TG and the rest were allied guilds. Word of mouth had run rampant and I was getting tells a plenty after raid wanting to know where to sign up for the guild. It's this type of attitude and experience that will bring us those classes we are in need of. YOU GUyS DID ONE HELL OF A JOB TONIGHT! Congratulate yourself, your guildies, and your class leaders (officers) for a job well done. Next time, I see.......EPICS. Its not ironclad, but plan for the next MC run in 2 weeks. Until then Zul Gurub awaits, and I hear Onyxia is expecting us to visit in the next 10 days or so.
    Last edited by beep; 02-04-2006, 12:59 PM.

Re: Follow-up: Molten Core

Thank you skeet - ive never been in MC with such a well organized team.

kudos

Im looking forward to going back!!!

Comment

I think the organization and communication that was the base of this raid will lead to many great and rewarding raids in the future. I now of few things that give a player a thrill greater than watching 40 well organized players focused on the same goal!

Grats to all who were there!
      Silchar

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
      Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
      Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

That was awesome! Our team played with a remarkable organization and all class leaders were great in their jobs.

Thank you all for the excellent attempt and hours of fun!
        Sacredlord.
        sigpic

Comment

The good news...the first part of the MC raid was as smooth and efficient as any I've been on.

The bad news...no boss this time, but I'm enthused and encouraged by the huge potential and progress. A special thanks to Skeet for putting this together and a great job leading us. Another special thanks to all who attended. You did well, and we all know more what to expect the next time around. The end-game instances are SUPPOSED to be hard, so there is a very real learning curve. We're doing what we need to do to make our efforts here successful.

I'm proud of you all, TG! I'm glad we're doing this together!
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

That was a very ood run and made me change my mind about MC being a huge waste of time and money. One of my residents came over and saw the fight where we took down 2 core hounds and 2 lava surgers and said right on the spot "If any group can kill Rag its this one." I KNOW we have it in us to make MC cry and I am pumped to go back schedule permitting.

Onyxia is something Sunder still needs to work toward. I am on the Marshall Windsor quest and will need a 5 man to get te BRD parts done. I will post in the forums a good date and time I can do this so anyone else needing this part be on the lookout!

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

I am so proud of all of you! Everyone was really on their game, and we worked together fantastically. I am excited to do this again, and would like to see MC on a regular basis. That 2 corehound, 2 surger fight was stunning, guys. STUNNING. We're sure to be going places together!

Keep up the excellent work, and pat yourselves on the back for a job well done.

Comment

This was a great run, and we will own him next time but there was only one thing that bugged me. There was a few people that was on the sign up sheet that I didnt see and a few that wasn't on that did go, quote me if I'm wrong. I don't know if they didn't show up or not, but I did get a few nasty emails from some of the people that was on the list. I'm not going to say who, but you get the point. I understand that guildies should get dibs on going, but at the same time there was a 3-4 weeks in advance notice, I myself almost got shafted on this run (and thank you Spike for understanding.) If you didn't sign up, I ask you please, to sit out until the next time, as you can see, there will be more and more TG runs to MC. Thanks guys..

Comment

The invites will always go out prompt, spots will not be held after signups have gone out. I dont want to get in the habit of having to hold a raid for a handful of people. If you sign up for the raid you are making a commitment to be there on time and also taking a slot. If you dont show up on time then your spot is given to the next person in line. TG will always get invites first, after that, our Allied guilds will then be invited and allowed to invite the people on their list. In the future I am pushing for all allied guilds to sign up on our forums, but thats gonna require some work. Once TG grows and achieves the classes we need this will of course not be an issue, until then, be on time.

Comment

Ah, if it were only as simple as that, Ctuchik.

I was one of those who had signed up for MC over a week before the raid started. The day of the raid, I elatedly ran home and logged in, hoping to pass the time before 7PM doing random quests and other tasks. At 6:30 I was done, so I waited in IF for the invite to appear.

It never came.

I was probably AFK for about 5 minutes in that half hour between 6:30 and 7:00, and when I returned to the keyboard I scrolled up in chat to see if I had missed the invite. There was none. At about 6:55 I got a hold of two other people that had signed up, Chroman and Aamin. Neither of them had recieved an invite either. At 7PM I sent Luna a /whisper making sure we were still on, and I received no response. I asked a friend TGer what the deal was, and he told me to /whisper Ahaman. I did, and the only thing he said was "we are full". I then stated that I had signed up on this site and was on the "official" list, but he did not respond further. All three of us (Aamin, Chroman, and myself) were very dissappointed.

I suggest, that if such a lengthy sign-up process is required (signing the charter, answering the 10 questions, etc.) that you at least have the courtesy to hold our spots for us. We were all looking forward to this run, and needless to say, we don't have a very positive impression of Tactical Gamer. I understand that I am not a full member of TG, but I was assuming that once we were on the list, we were good to go.

I don't mean this to be a rant, but we were all very let down by TG on Friday, and I hope that you will be more organized in the future, to avoid this happening to other unsuspecting future raiders. Thanks for reading this and taking the appropriate action(s).

-Catamille, Guild Master of Dragons League

Comment

First we had over 60 people signed for this run. I apologize everyone didnt get to come. Secondly, Invites went out at 6:45 pm sharp as posted. At that time, the raid group was about 30 strong. We had a few last minute guild additions to the list and spots were limited even more. I apologize for the inconvience, the list we had posted was in noway near complete.

Comment

Catamille, were any of you on teamspeak with us? My apologies if I didn't see your whisper- I had about 10 of them going at once. I don't remember seeing you come onto the TS server. It makes it awful hard for us to know who is present and who isn't, ESPECIALLY if you aren't in guild, without you being on TS with us.

Comment

Luna,

Being that I am not an official member of TG, I do not know what the address and password are for your TS server. I was assuming that I would get the invite, and then someone would let me know what the TS server info is so I could join, as seems to be par for the course for other 20-40 man raids I have joined. Sorry that my assumption was incorrect, but did anyone tell me to join via a /whisper or via any other means? If they would have, I most certainly would have joined straight away.

As for Ahaman's comment that invites went out at 6:45PM, none of us got the invite. Ahaman/Ctuchik did not mention TS in his earlier post in this thread, nor did I see instructions to do that on the "official" MC sign-up post. Ahaman also mentioned that there were 60 people signed up for the run. As of 5:24PM on the 3rd, the list was at 36 people with 2 tentatives. So the other 22 or so people were not on the list? I remember the sign-up post saying something along the lines of "we can not guarantee your spot unless you sign up". Since I had signed up on the 25th of January, I figured I was in because at that time there were only about 12 others on the list, hence my confusion.

I really don't mean for this to be a scolding tirade, think of it more like feedback. I personally would have printed out the list of 38 people, gone down the list inviting people one by one. Unless of course there are some other hidden rules I don't know about, and since it's your guild, not mine, you can invite whoever you want. Just please don't give us the false sense of security that we are in when we're not. Thank you,

Cat

Comment

Catamille,

Thank you for stepping up with your feedback. I don't know what happened (yet), but it seems that there was a breakdown in the process of getting ppl signed up and subsequently invited.

I'm sorry you wound up not getting in the raid group. I don't believe that was an intentional action. As a guild, we are learning how to handle the end game raids, both in the instance and organizing things before going. We are working on being clearer about the process and insuring that it works as intended.

We'll be posting more about the process for sign ups and invites soon.
                            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

FYI...the following is now posted as a stickied thread in this forum...

Rules for Participation in TG Raids

1. TG members will get priority but only if they have signed up in the forums at least 1 day prior.
                              2. Non-guild members who have signed up in the forums at least one day prior have the next priority, subject to balance needs.
                              3. TG members who did not sign up prior to one day before the raid will be allowed in after invites to prior sign ups, subject to balance needs.
                              4. Balance needs will be determined by the Raid Leader.
                              5. All participants will be required to have CT Raid, Teamspeak and (if applicable) Decursive.
                              6. All participants are expected to know and comply with TG's Raid SOP and Guild Values during the raid. Both are posted in the TG WoW forums.
                              7. Late arrivals (even if signed up) will not have a guaranteed spot unless prior arrangements have been made with the raid leader. Such arrangements are an exception.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X