Getting Stuff Done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Stuff Done

I have noticed over the past several WoW sessions that there is more frustration showing up in guild chat over difficulties putting together instance runs (especially for UBRS/LBRS/BRD/Strat/Scholo). Some of the "older" 'toons are in temporary need of a break from these runs...and the "newer" toons are needing to do both 5 man runs (for quest completions) and raids (for gear/set pieces). This divergence of in-game goals is normal, btw, but very frustrating if you are on the "let's go" side of the fence.

What to do? How can you get your stuff done?

My suggestion is for you to start your own thread around a specific instance run...indicating your interest, what you want to accomplish, suggested time and day...with a couple of days lead time. That way, you can line up a party of committed players before getting in game only to find that the players you want are busy elsewhere. Having several of these threads going at once is not a problem, IMO.

If you are a "reader" of these posts, and need the same thing as the op (original poster), post your interest. If you are willing to go along to help a guildie, post your interest.

We are blessed with a very active and effective forum system. Use that to your advantage!!

Another possible solution is to go along with the idea posted by Sacredlord in another thread that proposes setting aside certain evenings for particular instances. If you like that idea, then post your support for it in that thread. FWIW, the officers read these forums regularly. The absence of interest is as important as the presence of a lot of posts. We are always trying to figure out the best ways to make the guild and its members happy, successful and well-equipped. :icon20:
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Getting Stuff Done

Well Said Beep.
    Kemotaha

Comment

Beep Is My Daddy!!!!

Comment

Alas, my schedule is unpredictable, but if you see me in the guild tab of the social window, and I'm of the appropriate level, send me a tell if you need a hand with something. I tend to solo a lot so I'm questing at below my level, and the opportunity to group up to get both the higher XP of higher level mobs and the party bonus is quite welcome. I have access to the whole planet and don't mind traveling to get to you. I just hit level 18 and am simultaneously pursuing quests in Darkshore, Westfall, and Redridge, and will soon be ready for Dead Mines. I try to keep my hearthstone in the Eastern Kingdom and as a Druid can portal to Moonglade for free (which gets me rapidly to Darnassus and Auberdine) so I'm generally 10 minutes from everywhere.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by beep
          I have noticed over the past several WoW sessions that there is more frustration showing up in guild chat over difficulties putting together instance runs (especially for UBRS/LBRS/BRD/Strat/Scholo). Some of the "older" 'toons are in temporary need of a break from these runs...and the "newer" toons are needing to do both 5 man runs (for quest completions) and raids (for gear/set pieces). This divergence of in-game goals is normal, btw, but very frustrating if you are on the "let's go" side of the fence.

What to do? How can you get your stuff done?

My suggestion is for you to start your own thread around a specific instance run...indicating your interest, what you want to accomplish, suggested time and day...with a couple of days lead time. That way, you can line up a party of committed players before getting in game only to find that the players you want are busy elsewhere. Having several of these threads going at once is not a problem, IMO.

If you are a "reader" of these posts, and need the same thing as the op (original poster), post your interest. If you are willing to go along to help a guildie, post your interest.

We are blessed with a very active and effective forum system. Use that to your advantage!!

Another possible solution is to go along with the idea posted by Sacredlord in another thread that proposes setting aside certain evenings for particular instances. If you like that idea, then post your support for it in that thread. FWIW, the officers read these forums regularly. The absence of interest is as important as the presence of a lot of posts. We are always trying to figure out the best ways to make the guild and its members happy, successful and well-equipped. :icon20:

I think the main thing that needs to be realized is that just because you ask in guild chat for a run and maybe it doesn't pan out, .... isn't necessarily of any particular offense to YOU. A lot of times people are busy or know they won't have time to complete a run or are burnt out, like Beep said. I know I've been burnt out a lot lately and sometimes I just want to stand in SW and use WoW as my overpriced messaging system. These things happen. If you put it out into guild chat with the "hey-it-would-be-great-to-run-with-guildies-but-I-don't-mind-PuGging-it" attitude, you're less likely to be frustrated if your run doesn't come together, and if you end up PuGging, you may actually wind up finding competent players that really know their stuff, ... and then if you don't see a little shiny happy guild name hanging over their heads you can direct them to the forums and have them check out TG. ^_^ My point here is, WoW is a game. Don't take it too seriously, or you'll just wind up frustrtated for no good reason.

FWIW, I'm looking to do most of the higher instances for zee phat l00tz0rs, and I don't care if it's a 5-man, or a raid, or whatever. I'm usually game, ... and if I say no, ... it doesn't mean I don't love you!! <3<3<3

Comment

The major part of this problem that I see isn't that people can't seem to get a group together 100% of the time, but that when they ask if people want to get a group for an instance hardly anybody responds. Even though 95% of the time I am to low of a level for whatever somebody wants to run, i still answer saying that I can't go. If people would at least say "no I can't right now I'm busy" or something to that effect then people wouldn't feel as bummed. But being ignored can really get to people after awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
              If people would at least say "no I can't right now I'm busy" or something to that effect then people wouldn't feel as bummed. But being ignored can really get to people after awhile.
              What he said!:row__540:
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X