Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you are addicted to World of Warcraft When....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you are addicted to World of Warcraft When....

Why should the BF2 boys and girls have all the fun?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...field-2-a.html

1. You are late for work, so you start looking for the Griffin Master.
    2. You start to think of 9-5 as an "Instance".
    3. Your boss starts to look Undead.
    4. You wish you could Demoralizing Shout your co-workers to get your point across.
    5. Someone says: lets go get lunch, and you almost grab your sword.
    6. You make another deadline and wonder how many more until you level.
    7. Daily activities become "quests."
    8. You see a sexy woman on the train, and wonder what she'd look like in Elven armor.
    9. You wish all interactions were as easy as /flirt
    10. You start to see crits for each point made during an argument with your spouse.

And the winnah!
    11. Your wife says "If you ran everywhere like you do in game, just think how fit you would be!"

Re: You know you are addicted to World of Warcraft When....

-when you have 1200 threads to catch up on and filter through to the World of warcraft ones, and mark the rest as read.
    -You start referring to the big acheivements in life as "leveling up"
    -When you go out on saturday night and call it "hanging out with the guild"
    -When You have 400 posts at TG and all are in the WOW forum
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

You notice the cat's pink transparent plastic ball (about the size of a golf ball) with a bead inside as a noise maker and you think, "Hey, Gump sent me another fishing bauble!" (This actually happened a few days ago. :p)

BTW, has anyone see "Fear of Girls", about the life of two RPG dorks?

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?...op=file&q=1312

(Point me to a thread about how to upload to TG space and I'll make it available to SM's. It's about 20 MB.)
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
        -when you have 1200 threads to catch up on and filter through to the World of warcraft ones, and mark the rest as read.
        -You start referring to the big acheivements in life as "leveling up"
        -When you go out on saturday night and call it "hanging out with the guild"
        -When You have 400 posts at TG and all are in the WOW forum

Hahahaha..... that makes me feel so sad!!!

I actually know a guy in RL that using the word "aggro" - and not just as a slip up, like he intentionally uses the word in everyday conversation.

./cry

Comment

-when someone tries to start a fight with you, you reach into your pocket looking for a health and manna potions just in case.
          -When you are at work and run in to something and call it "lagging out"
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

1. You feel a strange apathy toward death, knowing the nearest graveyard isn’t THAT far away.
            2. Every so often, you start to strongly feel you need to re-buff yourself, or worse, you actually try.
            3. You expect your spirit and stamina to increase temporarily after lunch.
            4. When someone tells you they are wearing all blue or purple, you don’t in the least associate it with the visual color of their garments.
            5. In moments of boredom, you “/dance”. And you have it memorized.
            6. You would feel ruder making your group wait in the middle of an instance than you do not picking up that phone call from your mother.
            7. You feel naked without Power Word:Fortitude, Mark of the Wild, or Blessing of Might.
            8. You actually use “Elune be praised!” or “For the Horde!” in regular conversation.
            9. The sentence “60 lock LFG UBRS, LBRS or Scholo, PST” makes perfect sense to you, and is grammatically correct.
            10. You start thinking something is wrong when you drive several miles and don’t see a single skill node, chest, or quest turn-in show up.
            11. You get cravings for Alterac Swiss or Morning Glory Dew.
            12. You have tried to figure out your RL pet’s DPS, or worse, your own.
            13. You find yourself thinking in terms of aggro circles when walking or driving around other people.
            14. Your first reaction to losing money in a vending machine is “contact a GM”.
            15. You feel the urge to attack anyone wearing a red bandana, which is obviously a quest item. (ditto above)
            16. Your finger twitches madly for the “M” button when you lose your bearings.
            17. Nothing on your Christmas wishlist actually exists IRL.
            18. Purely out of habit, you promptly type “grats” after the microwave goes “ding”.
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

lol
              sigpic

Comment

WORLD OF WARCRAFT ADDICTION TEST

1. Let's start out easy. I am assuming that because you are taking this test, you play World of Warcraft. With that assumption, how often are you in the game?
                1. Maybe once a week, for an hour or two.
                2. Maybe once a month.
                3. Daily, for two hours or less.
                4. Religiously for 3 hours or more every day.

2. You've gotten home from a long day at work. What do you do?
                1. LOG IN. Get food, drink, etc while still logged in after announcing you're afk.
                2. Sit down, relax, have something to eat. Log in afterwards.
                3. Have dinner, maybe go out with some friends.
                4. Relax, have something to eat. Think about logging in and decide against it
                3. How many alts do you have?
                1. Some horde, some alliance.
                2. A few (less than 4)
                3. Maxed out on main server, also on another server of a different type for a change of pace.
                4. What's an alt?

4. Have you ever realized that you miss spending time with your friends, so you make them buy copies of the game and create characters on your server?
                1. Yes. haha!
                2. No...
                3. I've actually bought the game FOR them.

5. Have you ever been late to work/class because you were in a dungeon?
                1. Yes, but i left the group and was only a little late.
                2. No, never. I don't go into dungeons if I have to leave.
                3. I call out sick.
                4. Dungeons?

6. Do you routinely plan vacations to be short enough that you know you can deal with the withdrawl symptoms from not playing?
                1. Yes.
                2. No, that's really sad.
                3. No, but I call for updates from people who are playing.
                4. I bring a lap top with the game loaded on it and make sure my room has internet capabilities. HELLO
                7. Let's test some in-game knowledge on this page! For starters, where can you find the main AH on the Alliance side?
                1. Ironforge
                2. Stormwind
                3. Darnassus
                4. What's an AH?

8. Which of the following would be the best instance for a level 46 to run?
                1. Uldaman
                2. Zul Gurub
                3. Stockades
                4. Blackrock Depths

9. What's better: A blue item, or a green item?
                1. Blue
                2. Green
                3. uh... purple
                4. hehe. RED!

10. Translate this: LFM ZF have mallet need tank PST
                WTF???
                1. West coast group with a paladin seeks a mage with extra water to join a Zul Farrak group.
                2. Group going to Zul Farrak will be killing Gahzrilla but need more, including a warrior. Whisper them if interested.
                3. looking for men for zul farrak have hammer need warrior please send tell

11. Rag got OMGWTFBBQPWND!!!!!! is this good or bad?
                1. Yeah. that's good.
                2. No, they died.
                3. STFU elitist end game guilds suck!
                4. er, what?
                12. Last page! What's the basic standard loot rules for a five man group?
                1. greed on all BOE pass on all BOP for discussion.
                2. greed on everything unless you need it.
                3. NINJA NINJA NINJA!
                4. I need roll no matter what.

13. If I say: ZF ZG DM ST MC UBRS LBRS BRD SW IF RFC or VC, do you know what I mean?
                1. Yes
                2. No
                14. Who heals more, a priest or a paladin?
                1. Priest
                2. Paladin
                3. Paladins don't heal!
                4. It all depends on who is more competant. And gear helps too.

15. WTS Felcloth x 20 2g! good deal or pass?
                1. Good deal!
                2. No way!
                3. I'm a blacksmith, I don't care.
                And you're done! What's scary about this is that you don't even have to score this to know if you're hooked!
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

- When your justification for buying a new computer with extra RAM is to reduce lag in Ironforge.

- When you arrange your RL social calendar to avoid conflicts with guild raids.
                  Beep

Comment

Originally posted by beep
                    - When your justification for buying a new computer with extra RAM is to reduce lag in Ironforge.

Hehehe... definitely true! lol
                    sigpic

Comment

15. WTS Felcloth x 20 2g! good deal or pass?
                      1. Good deal!
                      2. No way!
                      3. I'm a blacksmith, I don't care.
                      Don't talk to me about Felcloth! I remember buying stacks of 20 for 14-15g. NOw, I'm lucky to find it just under 2g per :(

Comment

Yep, looks like it's currently going for 2g:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=14256
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

SHUT UP! I needed a new computer!

really..

damn.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I have actually really wanted a "follow" option for highway driving....

and i bought my current computer so I WOULDNT lag in IF...... yes. I am that sad.

Comment

What is really really sad is that when I had my old computer running 256mb RAM and a 1.4g processor I would ALWAYS lag, and when I got off the computer I could swear that I was lagging in RL, as in I actually told my mom, One sec im lagging!

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X