Help out a fellow hunter??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help out a fellow hunter??

I realized three things last night while in Sunken Temple. One, my party tactics really suck. Two, I don't know how to pull. And three, I don't know how to do the feign-trap trick. Number one can be alleviated some by figuring out two and three.

As far as pulling goes, how do I make just one shot? What happened last night is I layed a freeze trap and fired. The mob would run up and freeze, but then I'd fire again because of the auto shot and unfreeze the mob. Is it possible to make a macro that lays a freeze trap, fires one shot, and unselects the target? Or am I going about it all wrong?

I know a hunter should be able to lay anohter trap after feigning, but my trap button is always grayed-out after I feign. Am I considered still in combat if my pet is fighting something?

Thanks to the great hunters of TG that can lend a helping hand on this. I need to know this stuff if I ever expect to try out the highlevel instances. Nobody wants a defective hunter in their group. It'll be just like gym class back in the day, always picked last...

/weep

Re: Help out a fellow hunter??

To stop shooting, just press the Autoshoot button. Whatever shot you pull with, whether it's a sting, arcane shot, or a regular shot, or whatever shot hunters use, you just need to press Autoshoot after shooting once, to cancel it. The feign death trap trick doesn't work if your pet has aggro.

<----- help snipah

Comment

Ok, simple enough with the auto shoot button. That is a big bummer about the pet...I bet that is one reason people do a marksmanship spec. That is a big advantage to be able to drop another trap in the middle of combat.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

You can feign/trap rather easily you just need to put pet on passive first. Ask Crebis about his uber macro for this it. It is almost impossible to pull off if you are taking any sort fo damage like a DOT or aura damage.

To cancel the next shot you can hit esc right after firing yout first one but some autoshots are quick.
        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Code:
          /script PetWait()
          /script PetPassiveMode()
          /script if (IsBuffActive("Feign Death")) then CastSpellByName("Freezing Trap()"); else CastSpellByName("Feign Death"); end
          Save this as a macro. Take out 'script PetWait()' if you want your pet to follow...Spam the macro to make it wortk.

Comment

Can't wait to try it out, thanks!

Comment

I am getting an error on the last line.

Comment

double and triple check each character.also he is using a addonmod called "IsBuffActive" to use this you willhave to get that addon try searching curse-gaming.
                "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

oops ....forgot. Download "IsBuffActive" addon....so sorry

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll try that tonight.

Comment

Is there a way to code this macro to set the pet back to defensive?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X