Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeet...Bloodlord stratedgy

Skeet,

A buddy of mine is a horde on another server. He says they have a hard time killing the bloodlord. Can you help me tell him how to do it? I know that everybody but the two tanks stand on the wall behind the spears. What are the two tanks doing? Also, at what point does the entire party unload? I read the guide on the other forum. I'm just not sure of some of the things it doesn't say.

Thanks

Altor

Re: Skeet...Bloodlord stratedgy

With changes in the latest patches that stratagy is no longer working for us. We are currently adopting another strategy that seems sound but so far we have not successfully tested it.
    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

^----- What he said.

Comment

What changes were there? How is it different now?

Comment

Cant tank him behind the spears anymore. They use to block his charge. He now charges up, over, around through, and everywhere he wants too. Well make a stab at him soon with a new strategy handed down by the essentials of wisdom. It has major promise and will hopefully pget this bad boy on the easy list again.

Comment

goto www.wowwiki.com i put a new tactic up there
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Altor
              What changes were there? How is it different now?
              The difference now is that he kicks the holy crap out of you. I haven't even seen him be much more than scratched since the patch before wiping the raid.

Comment

We had him to 53%...and this was after we tried the hunter as the target dummy. Sorry Manny, but I think I'm more of a dummy. He liked charging me, and if I kept myself on the correct part of the agro list, he wouldn't kill me...

The trick for me was to get in my shots with the main tank, but not go all out DPS. He will soon randomly charge me and then run for the rest of the group. It is important for the group to not hit him when they see him bolt for me.

Positioning is also key. I think it needs to be pretty much linear...I'll explain:

...........------Main Tank/BloodLord-------------------------------------
                Group |................................................. ...................................| Hunter
                ...........------Off Tank/Ohgan (Raptor)--------------------------------

The group needs to be just outside of 8 yrds(or whatever the measurement system is) to stay out of the whirlwind that the Bloodlord does. Use a hunter to gauge it. Hunters If a hunter can range it, then you aren't too close.

That setup allows:
                1) 8 yrds from the group, main tank, and offtank so only main tank gets hit withwhirlwind.
                2) Random charge to the hunter, with easy pickup by the main tank on the bloodlord's return to the group.
                3. Off tanking the Raptor in a safe distance from the main tank/group so the bloodlord doesn't get the enrage buff.

This is the strategy that I think will work...

Comment

What we did was MT the bloodlord a bit away from the main group, then the OT grabs the raptor, you kill off the raptor quick and then start range attacking the bloodlord only except the MT. When he looks at you, that person stops attacking or he will get stronger, you can resume attacking once he is looking at someone else. Just keep the range attack till he is dead. We positioned ourselves near the entrance to the area on the little hills on the right and the MT tanked him in the clear flat patch just to the left of the hills when looking in at the temple. And yeah hes dead and i won the Warblade of the Hakkari. So GL.
                  Last edited by OscarTheCouch; 03-01-2006, 02:39 AM.
                  Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Originally posted by orion808

...........------Main Tank/BloodLord-------------------------------------
                    Group |................................................. ...................................| Hunter
                    ...........------Off Tank/Ohgan (Raptor)--------------------------------

That is so wicked cool - I wish we could get this guys down.

Mmmm.... pretty pictures.......

/easily distracted

Comment

I love the linear strategy idea...that way when he bolts from the MT he will be out of range and if everyone stays put for the MT to walk him back then it should be fine.

One other idea. I dont know warriors so let me know if this cant be done in defensive stance.
                      Could the MT put rend on him? He was aggroing right to me after the dummy since my DOT put me on top of the list so if the MT used a dot and no one else did then the MT would get the hate back all the faster, and not even have to run around.

dont know if it is possible...just a thought

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

I have stressed the importance of dots for warlocks many times. In this fight, aggro management is key. Once he wipes aggro, the dots are still ticking, and you get aggro. I think we need to declare this fight dot free, unless otherwise asked for, curse of doom maybe, but no others.

Comment

Yeah I figured locks would have to lose the DOTS, but if the MT could slap one on when no one else is using them then we got ourselves one TANKED bloodlord. But again...not sure if rend works in the stance you guys use to tank bosses.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Rend works in Defensive Stance so I don't see any problem using that.

Rend - Your attack will cause the target to bleed. In addition to your regular weapon damage your target takes bleed damage for a brief period of time. This is a DOT that should be used at the start of combat. Available in Battle and Defensive Stance.

Comment

Rend does work, it just doesnt last long. I wish we could hamstring this guy so hed charge all slow slow like, check out this strat i just found

------MT--BL----------------------------> HUNTER/PALLY
                              G
                              --OT--R--------------

This strategy basically breaks down into, 1.) clearing the entire room of all adds. 2.) tanking the bloodlord right near where he runs down. 3.) group being 15 yards from the BL, 4.) Pally/Hunter being 30 yards from the BL.

In this fight, warlocks are to only use Curse of Shadows, Curse of Elements and depending on the numbers, Curse of Doom.

Phase 1.) "Dummy" target and group gets into position after Speaker dies. Speaker should be brought down with as little mana as used as possible, heavy melee and wands, low mana spells.
                              At this time the BL and Oghan, his raptor, will come down the ramp. They need to be picked up by the MT and OT asap. The BL starts watching people immediately. When you are watch hit the "ESC" key to stop all actions until the debuff is gone. *NOTE* If the MT gets watched, all DPS stops and healers keep MT until debuff is gone. Then dmg comes back in slowly.

The OT pulls the raptor off to the side about 15 or yards from MT. MT pulls BL from group about 15yards. During the setup the dummy target should be 25-30 yards from the the MT. 90% healing to MT and pallies and one priest/druid take care of OT. Healers need to conserve their mana as much as possible.

Damage needs to STAY slow and steady, nothing huge, not dmg DOTS from locks. During this phase the BL will start to loose life slowly. This is a must do, too much nuking will kill your MT.

At 10% the Bloodlord "dings", or levels. At this point dps is free to let loose hell. Then once the BL goes down, smoke out his raptor, it the OT hasnt already killed him, and loot it up!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X