X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you are in it for the LOOOOONG Haul

Via BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4713268.stm

90% of this is unremarkable. Blah, blah, blah, 5.5 million subscribers, blah, blah....and then the last paragraph grabbed me:

"The world of Warcraft has so much more to give that I think we could be expanding it for five, 10, 20 years to come."
    That's lead producer Shane Dabiri talking.

Holy crap! 20 years of World of Warcraft?

(back of the envelope: $15 per month*12 months*20=$3600 + original game $50=$3650*5.5million=$19,800,000,000 and that doesn't even factor in expansions or game community growth!)

Re: Hope you are in it for the LOOOOONG Haul

Most marriages dont even last that long..... WoW's got staying power!

Comment

I hope that I will be retired by then. I guess I will have like 40 max level characters by then lol.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
      Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
      Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

heck i was playin diablo 2 from the time it came out to the time WoW started so...I guess until Blizzard makes a World of Starcraft I am gonna pay my 70$ every half year.

Oh and by the way, depending on what race TG chooses, I call Ghost if we are terran, Devourer if we are zerg, and Templar if we are the toss...Dibs has been officially called.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

i hope they don't milk it like everquest.

once it becomes outdated, and the community begins to drop off- can it. bring something new.
          [TG]epheneh

Comment

You can't call templar... I was gonna call templar...

And We're totally going Protoss... Stupid Terrans and their gimpy moving bases.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

i dont think any game has the staying power of 20 years, there isnt enough content to keep people busy for that long. if that be the case, can it for WOW2
              powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

How long has EQ been around? Wasn't it released in 1997 or something? That's almost ten years. So did the EQ community get five or six solid years before losing some steam? I know people are still playing it and EQ2 sucks from what I heard. Anyways, get somewhere in the area of five to ten years out of a game as good as WoW doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderland
                  heck i was playin diablo 2 from the time it came out to the time WoW started so...I guess until Blizzard makes a World of Starcraft I am gonna pay my 70$ every half year.

Oh and by the way, depending on what race TG chooses, I call Ghost if we are terran, Devourer if we are zerg, and Templar if we are the toss...Dibs has been officially called.
                  I'm still playing Diablo 2. :row__687:

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    I'm still playing Diablo 2. :row__687:

I very clearly remember the day i gave D2 up.... we had just gotten WoW and I gave my bestfriend the D2 disk, and gave the name and password to my over-played account and just let them have it.

I have to admit, it was hard.... mostly because i had 4 full sets and 3 over 90 characters.

Talk about playing something to death.

Hehehe.... but now i have WoW, and i get to play something else to death! woot! Honestly, i dont really know why, but i do miss playing that game sometimes. Blizzard just gets things right. I love playing their games.

Comment

And I thought I played that game a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by mblatcher
                        And I thought I played that game a lot!

Yeah...... no life.

Comment

Manny I will give you templar but only if I can have my second choice...Dark Templar

And im thinking of reinstalling D2 just for single player enjoyment, as I love the HUGE spells that destroy everything in that game. No trade however is gonna suck, but multiplayer D2 has become nothing but the leftover bots and dupers from the people who have/have yet to switch to WoW. And I dont know about you but spammers is one reason I quit, and something I report diligently in WoW.

But I can so see wow sticking around a long time, they add a new instance every 2-3 months, update rep you can get, and have seasonal things that really bring people in again. I can really see this staying around at least a few more years after the expansion. But I swear If they dont have more 5 man instances Im gonna slash someone at blizzards tires.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderland
                            But I swear If they dont have more 5 man instances Im gonna slash someone at blizzards tires.
                            Tell it brother! I hear ya. I want more five mans! I'd love to see more solo geared stuff as well, but hey, I can't complete any of the instances anyway so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by mblatcher
                              Tell it brother! I hear ya. I want more five mans! I'd love to see more solo geared stuff as well, but hey, I can't complete any of the instances anyway so it doesn't matter.

I want to run DM everyday - seriously, there is so much stuff in there that people havent even seen - it's a gorgeous and huge instance that doesnt get enough love.

And the drops are SWEET.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X