Epic mount & reputation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic mount & reputation

So now I am 55, closing in on 60, finally. I am a NE and I want to be able to buy a ram from IF. What level do I have to be to get it? Honored, revered, exaulted? What is the best way to gain rep with IF? Should I just run through all the low level quests I can? Or will I gain more by turning in runecloth? I am not very good at farming, I lose focus quickly. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Epic mount & reputation

sadly since the doors of AQ are open the best way is to turn in runecloth prolly. I dont know how high you have to be to get an epic...prolly exalted.

Im not that great at farming either, but if you know of something else you need to farm humanoids for then at least you are getting 2 things farmed at the same time. If you want a good place to grind and get runecloth I suggest the saytrs in northern felwood. That way you are getting runecloth, felcloth, and a ton of xp at your level.

Getting someone elses mount is TOUGH good luck and happy farming!

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

You will need tons and tons of runecloth. 50 rep per turn in, do the mard math, and your looking at quite a few turn ins. I hit exalted with in all 4 factions with the war effort, but they gave tokens, making it a little easier. I will help as much as possible, i farm a lot, and dont really need the RC anyways.

Comment

Thanks. Now I wish I had done more during the war effort. I think I had about 80 of those tokens and that was it.

Comment

[ITEM]Stormpike Battle Charger[/ITEM]

Cheaper than the others, probably easier to get (You need to go into Alterac Valley Battleground a few times) but it only costs like 800 Gold compared to 1000 Gold.

You also don't need to train in the Riding Skill
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I will start sending you all my Runecloth Tardria since I don't need the stuff. Good luck, I love my Ram and know that if mounts could fit it would totally destroy everybody elses mounts.

Comment

Vinzalf: Stupid question - Alterac is PvP correct? I have never done any PvP and I don't really like it. So how few is "a few times"? I might be able to bear through it to get a cool mount. It that the place that everybody is always complaining about queue times? Cuz I'll tell ya, I can't handle waiting several hours for it every time. Tha alone is probably the biggest reason I don't PvP.

Phantom: Awesome that is very generous!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                [ITEM]Stormpike Battle Charger[/ITEM]

Cheaper than the others, probably easier to get (You need to go into Alterac Valley Battleground a few times) but it only costs like 800 Gold compared to 1000 Gold.

You also don't need to train in the Riding Skill
                normal epic = 1000g
                -10% honored stat = 900g
                -10% rank4+ pvp stat = 800g
                same price as normal epic then
                powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Chair it's BASE price is 800G.

-10% honored = 720G
                  -10% pvp = 640G
                  lower price than normal epic.

At least thats what the research I've done on this Goat has shown.
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Well, for me, the gold is the least of my worries. I think I'll have the money long before I have the rep to get any mount. I think I'll do it the old fashioned way and get rep with IF. I really don't want to do PvP that much. Maybe someday I will because there are some great rewards in there.

So although I hate to beg for handouts, if anybody could spare any runecloth it would be greatly appreciated. And you know it's going to a good cause! It's a win-win situation. You can even write it off as a tax deductible donation.

Comment

It would honestly be faster for you to get exalted with AV and get the Stormpike Ram. No joke. Otherwise you are gonna have to buy a ridiculous amount of runecloth, and then spend 900g on the mount. Just get the AV stormpike ram, exalted AV is eaaaassssyy to get... took me about 8 or 9 AVs to hit exalted. Plus you get good epics in addition to the mount.

But be advised that NEs look retarded on Rams, at least I think so. When I mount my Ram it makes me laugh.

Oh and trust me on the AV / IF exalted timer. I'm exalted with both (and I can't miss this moment to brag that I was the first on this server to hit exalted with AV), and IF exalted took me a lot longer.

And who said anything about pvping? Lemme fill you in on some info:

1.) Go to AV
                      2.) Follow the zerg group and ninja as many corpses as you can
                      3.) Don't even worry about fighting. Just look for sparkly bodies and loot loot loot as much as you can.
                      4.) Turn in the drops for rep
                      5.) Stick the AV out until the end. If it's like the old days, Alliance always wins, and you get a lot of rep for being in the game when your side wins.
                      6.) Easy peasy. You don't even EVER have to attack anyone if you don't want to. (You do not get rep for kills in AV, you get rep for turning in the drops. Get in the raid, and start ninja'ing)
                      7.) Another good way to get rep in AV is to tame rams by your base. No pvp required, and you get good rep per tame. Also make sure you join the main raid group inside, as your rep will tick upward for doing absolutely nothing as certain items are turned in by fellow raid members, if you are in the raid.
                      8.) Also, certain turn ins in AV give you AV and IF rep at the same time.

As far as the runecloth goes, you do realize it takes 660 STACKS of runecloth (13,200 total) to get from honored to exalted with IF, right?
                      Last edited by Psiserrat; 03-03-2006, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Good luck i also can send you some runecloth... I get tons out of instances..
                        Candrice 63 Warrior
                        Ricca 70 Rogue
                        Machelle 70 Mage
                        Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Originally posted by Psiserrat
                          It would honestly be faster for you to get exalted with AV and get the Stormpike Ram. No joke. Otherwise you are gonna have to buy a ridiculous amount of runecloth, and then spend 900g on the mount. Just get the AV stormpike ram, exalted AV is eaaaassssyy to get... took me about 8 or 9 AVs to hit exalted. Plus you get good epics in addition to the mount.

But be advised that NEs look retarded on Rams, at least I think so. When I mount my Ram it makes me laugh.

Oh and trust me on the AV / IF exalted timer. I'm exalted with both (and I can't miss this moment to brag that I was the first on this server to hit exalted with AV), and IF exalted took me a lot longer.

And who said anything about pvping? Lemme fill you in on some info:

1.) Go to AV
                          2.) Follow the zerg group and ninja as many corpses as you can
                          3.) Don't even worry about fighting. Just look for sparkly bodies and loot loot loot as much as you can.
                          4.) Turn in the drops for rep
                          5.) Stick the AV out until the end. If it's like the old days, Alliance always wins, and you get a lot of rep for being in the game when your side wins.
                          6.) Easy peasy. You don't even EVER have to attack anyone if you don't want to. (You do not get rep for kills in AV, you get rep for turning in the drops. Get in the raid, and start ninja'ing)
                          7.) Another good way to get rep in AV is to tame rams by your base. No pvp required, and you get good rep per tame. Also make sure you join the main raid group inside, as your rep will tick upward for doing absolutely nothing as certain items are turned in by fellow raid members, if you are in the raid.
                          8.) Also, certain turn ins in AV give you AV and IF rep at the same time.

As far as the runecloth goes, you do realize it takes 660 STACKS of runecloth (13,200 total) to get from honored to exalted with IF, right?
                          Isn't ninja looting a bad thing? Won't people be upset if I go in their and do nothing but loot everything? I am not criticizing, I have never done PvP and didn't know that was acceptable. Only having to go 8 or 10 times is appealing. How long is the queue normally take? How long does the usual take?

I have seen NEs on rams. I think it looks fine, funny sure, but I wanted to be different and I really like the look of the rams. I have a friend on another server. He's a gnome that rides a tiger. Now that looks funny. He looks so tiny on it!

Comment

Thanks Ricca.

Comment

No, ninja looting isn't a bad thing in AV. At least, no one ever called me on it. The loot in AV should always be set for FFA, since getting the drops and turning them in is paramount to winning. Plus, everyone in the raid gets rep bump ups for turn ins. Also, nothing good loot wise drops in AV. In AV, loot is first come first served.

I don't know about AV queues anymore, you have to realize when I got my AV rep I had to set up each and every game myself, because no one ever ran it back then. Now, it runs constantly it seems. Just hop in the AV q when you log on and hope for the best.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X