Gathering professions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering professions?

My warrior alt Gunnarson has skinning and herbalism. I did this for money making sake. Skinning doesn't seem to make much money, rugged leather stack only go for 1.5-2g. I am thinking about dumping it for mining. Stacks of different ores seem to sell for good prices. Is mining a good source of income?

Re: Gathering professions?

well.. ur either looking at makeing a QUICK 2g or a Loooong sloooow 6g

id say that LW is faster at making money, because the mobs are everywhere, where-as mining, u actually have to go out of your way to farm it... and beat ppl in competition to get there first
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I was thinking of switching out of Alchemy to something else. It does little good, since you only get half of what the mats are for each potion.....

Comment

i have herb/alch with chirp, and i have made more money with that toon than chair will ever make with eng/mining 299 alch 300 herb vs 299eng 289 mining
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

i would try Alchemy since you have your herbalism so high - it's fun.

my experience is that mining is hard to lvl - i didnt want to put in the time to do it though.

Comment

OK, Chair, that makes sense, I was wondering how mining compared to skinning. I was thinking that you can build up stacks of skins pretty fast. So basically you are skinning more and selling for less or mining a lot less and selling for only a little more. Thanks for the tip.

I thought of trying alchemy. I know some of the higher potions sell pretty good. Is it like enchanting though? Do you need a ton of high level, hard to find mats or is it fairly simple to make potions?

Comment

you can mine mithril for days....thorium is a rare commodity, the veins are always camping.

Comment

i could never get into to mining.

i'm almost to level 32, and i'm already thinking of ditching my second gathering profession, skinning, which levels way faster than any other. and yeah, it's pure profit- but with my leatherworking (currently at 210 or so), it's so much less involves to scoop quick cash. and of all the leather and hides i use, maybe 1/8 of it, tops, is actually farmed by me. the rest comes straight from the AH, and gets resold as mid-level goods that make me a couple gold a piece- [item]barbaric bracers[/item], [item]gem-studded leather belt[/item], ect. if nothing else, i can buyout a bunch of leather from the AH and sell it as armor kits for twice the price.

i can only hope that tailoring will suit me as well, if i do decide to drop skinning and pick it up.
                [TG]epheneh

Comment

Speaking of leatherworking, what are some good money makers? I know deviate scale belts are good sellers. Are there any others that make good money? I am thinking nothing very high level, stuff that could be made pretty easily.

Comment

Sometimes I make 100-200G in one hour just reselling mats... I have a chinese farmer that sells thorium ore, arcane crystals, bloodvines etc.. cheaper than AH or IF regular price.

You can make quick gold buying 20 or + arcane crystals for 16-17G and selling it in AH for 19G or you can buy the bloodvines for 25G and resell it for 40G (they usually sell it in AH for 50G).

In my case, as a miner/blacksmith lvl 300 I can make epic gear with that stuff I told ya, but sometimes I know that I bought more than the necessary or I just feel people desperatly looking for the mats in AH and then I realize that there aren't any to sale or the prices are really too high, so all you have to do is put a cheaper price (just a little cheaper) and announce in IF like: "WTS bloodvine cheaper than AH".

TIP: Never say your price in the general chat, someone could just say:"OMG i bought it much cheaper and blah, blah, blah... So let the buyers ask you you price, and never say something like: "Hmmm... 40G" It shows that you don't know the value of the item...

I hope this could be of any help.

Sacredlord.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe I tried at the wrong time or maybe I am just bad at the whole 'buy low - sell high' thing, but I can't get my bloodvine to sell. Of course I think your tip was to sell outside of the AH. I bought them for 27g and relisted them on the AH with a BO of 40g which was lower than most of the other auctions. It wasn't very long before some one listed bloodvine cheaper than me. I'll try like you said and sell them using the trade channel. Arcane crystals were pretty cheap when I looked at the AH so i didn't mess with those at all.

Comment

Yeah, I also make good money with my other alts lvl 225 chanter (Robbinhoodd - 31 rogue) and lvl 300 alchemist (Aldrwin - 49* mage).

If you know the right items to DE you can get it from the AH by desenchanting "crappy" green items and getting nice shards where you may sell it in AH for a nice money or make a couple of good chants and sell it in the trade channel.

With my alchemist alt I don't need to sell the most expensive recipes nor the most expensive potions, you can sell nice agility potions for 5g while the mats will cost you nothing more than your time.

Making money - at least in the beggining, 'till you learn the "shortcuts" and what to buy - takes time and a little dedication, I don't know any other legal way to make it and when I get the time I've been making +/ over 1000G per week. But this is not my regular profit, the items I usually sell require very expensive mats and actually I rarely use the AH as a RL stock (lol), most of my game/time is dedicated to improving my char, leveling my alts and/or helping/questing with guildies and friends.

I wish we had a prived thread where only members could read it, then I'd post some hot information not being affraid of giving it "free" to someone that is not in our guild... Anyway, I'll be back home on March 19, send me a tell and I'll be glad to help you with a nice strategy.

I really can't write here all prices and mat costs 'cause normally when you do that in the next second AH starts to drop that item's value.

I hope at least that information was of any help!

*Not sure if Aldrwin, my mage, is a lvl 48 needing only 8k or less to be lvl 49 or if he is already 49 needing a few XP to become 50.
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X