Concerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns

It really sucks to lose awesome people/players from the guild but as long as people want to put other things ahead of the GUILD and the people in it, we will continue to lose people. It's a shame that people can't get their heads out of they're duffle bags long enough to see that things are not going to get better if they don't start putting the GUILD first. I love this guild and I will fight to make it better but I can't do it alone nor can anyone else. So let me start by airing some of my bitches and complains (which have been shared before with high ranking people)

1.) People need to be promoted in this GUILD based on what they do and have done for the GUILD. Any other way of promoting will only cause people to become discouraged and not want to continue to do their best for the GUILD. (that means you don't promoted people just because you know them in real life or because they are TG supporting members). You promote based solely on what an ass kicking job they have done for the GUILD!!

2.) Important decisions should not be made solely by the top officers. Get all the officers involved and better yet put it on the forums and let everyone have a voice before making a decision. What better way of finding out what the people want then to ask them?

3.) Remember now these of my complains. I'm not pretending to speak for anyone else nor will I. Another thing that drives me crazy is the fact that we do 99.9% of our runs around certain peoples schedules. Why don't we try to keep everyone happy by starting at 8 server one time and then 7 server another? Some people have to get up in the mornings to work and having to stay up late sucks the next day, not to mention the fact that it sucks even more if you decide not to go at all because of the late start time. Everyone should have the opportunity to go, so lets try switching it up sometimes.

4.) After awhile the game tends to become boring. I think people are getting tired of grinding for rep or just to make money. (lord knows I am) When we went to the arena as a GUILD and kicked ass, it was a blast!! Never laughed at Luna so hard in my life. I personally like it when we do things as a GUILD. I have come to trust when we are together that someone always has my back. When we go to x-roads and kick some major league horde backside I love it!! If you notice and I know its not just me, when we do anything as a GUILD we usually kick ass and take names and have an awesome time doing it. So lets do more things like this and have fun.

Lastly, I became a supporting member of TG so I could have a voice is this GUILD not in TG. Is there any other GUILD that make you be supporting members to be promoted?? I don't pretend to be right in all that I have said and I'm sure someone will let me know it, but if it will start people looking for answers to solve the problem of losing awesome players, having officers take demotions, and having the GUILD always come second then it needed to be said. I love ya all and truly hope we can all put our heads together and come up with some changes that will help the GUILD.

Re: Concerns

i gotta say, i agree with you 100%,
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I feel that this is a personal affront to me directly.

I got to Lieutenant not out of any ability in the game, but because of my standing in the Tactical Gamer community. I make no apologies for that either. I have been both an advocate, officer, and promoter of Tactical Gamer, and see no reason why I cannot hold a similar position within the Guild.

The fact that all of the players in the Guild are level 60 and concentrating on endgame prevents me from really participating in what the Guild is doing. I find this largely selfish, since it seems, at least from the outside, that a few individuals are getting their gaming needs met, and others are left out. Mostly, it is players that are more vocal, direct, and active.

It seems that those that complain the loudest get the help they need, which is why the schedule is the way it is. If someone wants something else, I suppose they have to yell above the din to get it, and even then, you cannot be assured that players will show. Endgame content needs numbers, so I suppose that those that get the most people together at a time win.

My gaming needs in the Guild are not being met: for example I have requested a disbursement from the bank to get my mount, and have yet to recieve a response.

I don't have anyone to group with in lower level instances either. Whenever I post a BOYAN, or say let's do Uldaman, I get silence, or a "we are farming MC for the 1900th time."

And you know what? I really don't care. I love the game, I love Tactical Gamer, so this is where I will be.

This Guild is our Guild, for better or worse. I love Luna and Orion, and trust that their vision for the Guild is the right one. Apophis does not let someone have the reigns lightly.

We have assembled the best people, and as a Guild, we are doing the best that we can.

From what I understand, there are plenty of other Guilds out there, both on Thunderhorn, and others, that run endgame exclusively, even a single instance, each night. More power to them, and if that is your sort of thing, seek them out and have a good one!

To me, that sounds like the height of boredom. I can't even stay in STV for a full week. I need to move around, see what else the game has to offer, blow off some steam in PVP, not run the same thing every night.

But I have to wonder: what is it that brought players here in the first place? Was it the promise of exclusive endgame play, or the people? I'd hazard a guess and say it's the people. The people here are the reason why we can get other Guilds to help us in some endgame nonsense at the drop of the hat, and the reason why players leave their Guilds for us.

I understand if players needs aren't being met, really, I'm totally there. If you think you need to leave the family to do it, however, you are just adding to the problem, and simply wrong.

In the end, we are Tactical Gamer. We are a community, and do our best to serve that community. Ask youself: are you a selfish player, and want only bragging rights, or do you want to help Tactical Gamer to where it needs to be?

Comment

I have to agree full-heartedly with Mateo on this one. I have been around at TG for a good amount of time, not as long as Mateo, but longer then alot of people and TG has become a home to me. TG is more then just the Guild.

I totally understand what Mateo is saying about not getting the help he asks for and having a hard time trying to get things done, because I was in his spot until just recently, and I still have trouble getting things together at times.

I try to help out the low level characters with things they need to do because I understand how hard it is to get things done.

Whenever I see posts for raids and instances that are level 60 only and I see that they are in need of more people to sign up I think of only one thing. Not recruit more level 60's, but help out the people in the guild whose characters who are not level 60, because the sooner they get to level 60 the sooner we will have a better shot at doing these end-game instances.

So if your sitting around at level 60 with nothing to do, instead of going to farm something ask if any of the lower level characters need any help, doing this is what is best for the guild in the long run.

Comment

Apophis, understand, people like myself and Crim do nt play the other games TG supports. We play this one. I dont knock the community, but it does keep us muffled. This guild is the red headed step child of a First Person Shooter/Shoot em up website. This game is by far different than any of the other game TG supports. I think you need to look at this from a gamer point of view and realize that your approach about the COMMUNITY doesnt really apply to a lot of us WoW people. Your telling us, in short, to support TG, when TG doesnt support our game, our needs, or our GUILDS best interest because the bulk of our guild doesnt agree that the mechanics of the COMMUNITY dont fit our game. I understand this is YOUR website, your heart and sole, youve d one a ll the work around here. Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think you really know whats going on in our game whatsoever. YOUR SUPPORTING MEMBERS, AND OFFICERS are begging for change, and getting nothing. Crim is 100% correct in everything he has posted. Too many voices being turned to too many deaf ears. I hope this makes this a little clearer why people are leaving and why things are getting to the point that are here. You leveled a toon to 60 Apo, then you quit playing, save for a lil here and there. You never raid with us, how could you understand anything that is being said?

Comment

My original post was not well thought out and did not explain my position clearly. As a result I have redacted it from this thread along with the replies. When I have more time to think and explain clearly I will re-post.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

This community was not built for WoW, the WoW guild is a part of a larger community. And yes in my opinion the guild does need Tactical Gamer to stay afloat, many of us would not be in the guild if it weren't for Tactical Gamer. And it doesn't matter how other guilds on this server handle things, and there are easy links to the WoW forums, along with all the other forums on the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Ctuchik
                Apophis, understand, people like myself and Crim do nt play the other games TG supports. We play this one. I dont knock the community, but it does keep us muffled. This guild is the red headed step child of a First Person Shooter/Shoot em up website. This game is by far different than any of the other game TG supports. I think you need to look at this from a gamer point of view and realize that your approach about the COMMUNITY doesnt really apply to a lot of us WoW people. Your telling us, in short, to support TG, when TG doesnt support our game, our needs, or our GUILDS best interest because the bulk of our guild doesnt agree that the mechanics of the COMMUNITY dont fit our game. I understand this is YOUR website, your heart and sole, youve d one a ll the work around here. Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think you really know whats going on in our game whatsoever. YOUR SUPPORTING MEMBERS, AND OFFICERS are begging for change, and getting nothing. Crim is 100% correct in everything he has posted. Too many voices being turned to too many deaf ears. I hope this makes this a little clearer why people are leaving and why things are getting to the point that are here. You leveled a toon to 60 Apo, then you quit playing, save for a lil here and there. You never raid with us, how could you understand anything that is being said?
                Red headed step-child? Along with EVE Online, and D&D Online? WoW isn't the only MMO here at Tactical Gamer.

I did level a character up to 60. And I didn't enjoy being pushed to do end-game, so I stopped playing it. Are you saying that I have to enjoy playing WoW the same way as you and if I don't it's just a "big joke"?
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                  I feel that this is a personal affront to me directly.

I got to Lieutenant not out of any ability in the game, but because of my standing in the Tactical Gamer community. I make no apologies for that either. I have been both an advocate, officer, and promoter of Tactical Gamer, and see no reason why I cannot hold a similar position within the Guild.

The fact that all of the players in the Guild are level 60 and concentrating on endgame prevents me from really participating in what the Guild is doing. I find this largely selfish, since it seems, at least from the outside, that a few individuals are getting their gaming needs met, and others are left out. Mostly, it is players that are more vocal, direct, and active.

It seems that those that complain the loudest get the help they need, which is why the schedule is the way it is. If someone wants something else, I suppose they have to yell above the din to get it, and even then, you cannot be assured that players will show. Endgame content needs numbers, so I suppose that those that get the most people together at a time win.

My gaming needs in the Guild are not being met: for example I have requested a disbursement from the bank to get my mount, and have yet to recieve a response.

I don't have anyone to group with in lower level instances either. Whenever I post a BOYAN, or say let's do Uldaman, I get silence, or a "we are farming MC for the 1900th time."

And you know what? I really don't care. I love the game, I love Tactical Gamer, so this is where I will be.

This Guild is our Guild, for better or worse. I love Luna and Orion, and trust that their vision for the Guild is the right one. Apophis does not let someone have the reigns lightly.

We have assembled the best people, and as a Guild, we are doing the best that we can.

From what I understand, there are plenty of other Guilds out there, both on Thunderhorn, and others, that run endgame exclusively, even a single instance, each night. More power to them, and if that is your sort of thing, seek them out and have a good one!

To me, that sounds like the height of boredom. I can't even stay in STV for a full week. I need to move around, see what else the game has to offer, blow off some steam in PVP, not run the same thing every night.

But I have to wonder: what is it that brought players here in the first place? Was it the promise of exclusive endgame play, or the people? I'd hazard a guess and say it's the people. The people here are the reason why we can get other Guilds to help us in some endgame nonsense at the drop of the hat, and the reason why players leave their Guilds for us.

I understand if players needs aren't being met, really, I'm totally there. If you think you need to leave the family to do it, however, you are just adding to the problem, and simply wrong.

In the end, we are Tactical Gamer. We are a community, and do our best to serve that community. Ask youself: are you a selfish player, and want only bragging rights, or do you want to help Tactical Gamer to where it needs to be?

First of all, you shouldn't be taking this post personally, that's just silly.

Secondly, not everyone in the guild is level 60, you shouldn't make that assumption. We've been to MC, what? Four or five times? No need to over-exaggerate. I remember what it was like to be leveling in a world of seemlingly endless 60's and feeling like I was never getting the help I needed. I wasn't there that long ago. I only got 60 recently and I can see your frustration. However, I can tell you that this doesn't STOP when you get to 60. We're not some elite club that scratches each other's backs all the time. I've been trying to get a Baron run for 3-4 nights straight this week and only ONE person has told me that they would go. One. I have all but two of my set pieces and have never gotten a SINGLE one that wasn't in a PuG. The 60's aren't there for each other as much as they aren't there for you. Don't feel like you're the Lone Ranger in that. Yes, you do see certain runs getting together, ... for certain people. I would be naive to say that favoritism has no impact on the situation.

Thirdly, ... where the heck did you ask to get mount money? I don't recall ever seeing a request and I'm pretty sure Kossi hasn't either. Please refer to the bank S.O.P.'s if you are confused about how to do this.

You can love TG all you want. I love TG too, this is a fantastic community, ... but to disregard Crim's statements simply out of blind loyalty is ignorant, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                    My original post was not well thought out and did not explain my position clearly. As a result I have redacted it from this thread along with the replies. When I have more time to think and explain clearly I will re-post.

I am even more offended now!!!!

I cant believe you took your post out! and mine!

That is retarded.

Comment

like mateo said in his first post, i came here because of the people, and the friendly, awsome environment. NOT to go raid MC every night, or even multiple times a week, i could have apped for some endgame guild if i wanted to do so.... as much as i want to be in MC everynight, to do so would mean throwing this away. i dont want that. so i will grow with the guild. I've got nothing but time, and no matter how many ppl leave, as long as it doesnt change the atmosphere in the guild, im all about staying.. crim has some good points, im not saying 'ignore the rest of the community' because i have gone out and tried a few of the other games that TG supports (eve, CSS, maybe BF2 soon) , therfore i hope u do not look down upon what crim has to say, all in all, it is just his opinion