Guild Tabard Contest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Tabard Contest

The guild has been around for over a year, and it's time for a new look! For this contest, you will not need to beat the ever living wits out of eachother. You will not need to be the strongest, the fastest, or have the best gear. To win this contest, you will need to design a guild tabard. If the tabard you create is chosen as the best submission in this contest, you will walk away with 50g, and all of your guildmates will be sporting your newly designed look!

Official Rules:

1. All entries should be submitted by midnight, March 31, 2006. The top three tabards will be available for voting on the forums by Sunday, April 2, 2006. Voting will end at midnight on Friday, April 7, 2006. The winner will be announced on Saturday, April 8, 2006.

2. One entry per guild member, please.

3. The guild GM and Colonels will look over all of the submitted entries, and narrow the entries down to the best 3. We will then post the top three on the forums, and the guild will be invited to vote for their favorite design. Whoever has the most votes wins!

4. Screenshots of your tabard are to be submitted by linking your image within a Private Message to Luna. If you do not have webspace available to host the image, please contact Luna and she will arrange to have your image hosted. You can also email the screenshot to Luna. Please contact her for the appropriate email address.

Re: Guild Tabard Contest

Where does one find out about the tools used to design a tabbard?

While I await your answer, I'll go farm some peaceblossom, leather, and salmon! ;)
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
      Where does one find out about the tools used to design a tabbard?

Do so at the Guild person in any major city. Talk to a guard to find them.

At http://www.curse-gaming.com/tabard_builder.php you can view all available designs if you have java loaded on your computer. This is, however, only a viewer and when you are ready to submit, you need to go in-game to the above mentioned person, build, and then screenshot your tabard design.

If you don't have a .tga viewer (you can't view the wow screenshots found in the /Program Files/WoW/Screenshots directory) then you'll need to download one real quick. I use Infranview. It is a free download and has many different picture/movie file types that it can view.

With Infranview you can easily view your screenshot, then crop it by selecting the part of the picture you want to keep, and going to "edit" then "crop selection"...this is helpful for getting rid of the other stuff on screen and reducing the overall file size so that you can send it easier.

Good Luck everyone.

Comment

This was a great Idea.

(guys, here's a hint... I really really like Orange or Blue.)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I have a good idea for one...its really hard to not be too class specific when designing these, and even harder to find an icon that looks good on the female toons "form fitting" tabards...

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Good point sunderland. This isn't as easy as it sounds. It does require a little thought...Good Luck.

Comment

LOL, the "tabard by Victoria's Secret". :icon_lol:
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Well im stumped...every time i take a screenshot and try to view it with a program that has read screenshots in the past it turns up as a black screen....maybe it has something to do with the add-ons...

Comment

addons should not affect the screenies....do you have Infranview? (google it and use it as a picture viewer...it's very complete...I won't use anything else...and did I mention that it's free?

Comment

Design submitted!

One last question...can we vote for our own design when the time comes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderland
                      One last question...can we vote for our own design when the time comes?

I wouldn't see why not? :/

Comment

If your tabard makes it into the top 3 chosen by the GM and Colonels, you can vote for whatever tabard you like the best, your own included.

Comment

BUMP! The deadline for your submissions is midnight tonight. Wrap it up, and send them in!

Comment

Um...is this still going on?

Comment

waiting on luna to get with me so we can host them for officer judging. (this is the first time we've done something like this and it's taking longer than planned). Time for submissions is over though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X