Dynamic Signature for World of Warcraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Signature for World of Warcraft

In the process of working on some additional functionality for the World of Warcraft players here at Tactical Gamer, I have enabled a Dynamic Signature system. This system allows you to create a dynamic signature that contains your name, race, class, EXP, and a wide variety of additional information about your character.

Dynamic Signature & Avatars

Using these dynamic signatures is VERY easy. You simply call up the graphic file like you would any other image in your signature and everything is processed in real time. Here is an example of the text you would add to your signature and how it would be displayed:

[img]http://www.tacticalsites.com/sig/TGApophis.png[/img]

[img]http://www.tacticalsites.com/sig/LunaTG.png[/img]

To display your character, simply replace the "Hethris.png" portion of the code with your *EXACT* WoW Character name and it will be displayed.

You can also display a custom avatar using the following URL format:

[img]http://www.tacticalsites.com/av/Yoddea.png[/img]

[img]http://www.tacticalsites.com/av/TGApophis.png[/img]

Automatic Upload System

In order to automatically parse and upload your character data. You will need to install two addons to your WoW Interface/Addons folder and install a small program that will automate the uploads for you.

To start, download the following two files:

TG Profiler Addons
    UniUploader Application

Instructions:
    • Unzip and place the Interface directory of the TG Profiler zip file into your main World of Warcraft directory. It will place the needed files into your Interface/Addons directory.
    • Open the UniUploader zip file and run/install the included .exe file. You can install this wherever you like.
    • Run the UniUploader application and change ONLY the URL field to: http://www.tacticalsites.com/wowroster/update.php
    • You will want to select your WoW Account that you play with. It will auto-select the appropriate account if you only have one. This is not your character, but your actual WoW subscription account.
    • Make sure the Upload Access box is NOT CHECKED.
    • Launch World of Warcraft, log on with one of your characters, open your character profile and click the new "Save" button at the top of the screen. This will create all the initial files required for the auto-updater to work properly.
    • Close World of Warcraft and open the UniUploader application.
    • Click on "Show SV" and verify that the following items are checked: CharacterProfiler, GuildProfiler and SavedVariables.
    • Click on "Upload Now".

You can now launch World of Warcraft and log on to the character of your choosing. The CharacterProfiler gets its information as you open windows. You will need to open your Character, Bank, Professions, and Bags in order to capture all the required data. During normal play, it is likely you'll open these windows, but if you want to test the system to make sure it's getting all your info, make sure you open these windows.

When you are all done, make sure you click SAVE in your Character Profile. This is very important, if you don't click save, you're not going to save all your character info!

Once you have set up the UniUploader, it will automatically upload your character data when you log out of the game as long as you have it running on your computer. It is therefore advisable you set it to run minimized on Windows startup.

This may sound complicated, but it's quite simply once it's set up. Log on and play WoW as you normally would, and before you log off for the night open your profile and click "Save".

This thread will be updated as more information becomes available. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Apophis; 02-15-2007, 09:56 AM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Dynamic Signature for World of Warcraft

Now that is some nice stuff. Great work Apo!

Comment

Nice. Can't wait to see the upload system. Would we be using curl to upload something? Can you use the data that WoWReader uploads? (I was about to set up a curl script to upload my Census+ data.)
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
        Nice. Can't wait to see the upload system. Would we be using curl to upload something? Can you use the data that WoWReader uploads? (I was about to set up a curl script to upload my Census+ data.)
        keep in mind that your signature limitations still apply. So stacking multiple profiles like that will get you into trouble.

I'm about to post the uploader information now. It requires two things. Two add-ons that go in your Interface/Addons folder and a small .exe agent that runs that allows you to send the updates to the database.

You will notice that your second signature is dysfunctional, this is because the character is either not in the Tactical Gamer guild, or you have spelled the characters name incorrectly.
        Last edited by Apophis; 03-29-2006, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Thread updated with Auto-Upload information, downloads and instructions.

Comment

Gorgeous! Thank you, Apophis!

Comment

Nice guys those look sweet. I'm jealous :D +rep Apophis I think you have out done yourself......
              sigpic

Comment

Outdone himself indeed. This is just what we were looking for...and more. +rep for the hard work...thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
                  Nice guys those look sweet. I'm jealous :D +rep Apophis I think you have out done yourself......
                  Oh, there is a LOT more to come. It's just currently in testing.

Ask Orion how cool the new features-to-be are. :)

Comment

I don't know jack on how to use this stuff but omg does it look hot!!!!!!! Very nice work Apo. :)

Comment

For anyone like me who hasn't read it in awhile:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...mitations.html

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Very very nice, now i have a question, can u have more than one profile show? Say I wanted my main and then my second personality (main alt) to show, would i do the same, just paste the Tags under the first and change the name?

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

BTW Guys, To look at you sig, you just have to press the preview button after you edit it. In addition you signiture changes over time so you could also go back to an old post that you posted nad your sig will be shown there as well.
                          Kemotaha

Comment

Right, your sig is regenerated with each page view, so your old posts will show your latest sig. With a dynamic sig like this, your oldest post will show your latest data, at the time the reader loaded/refreshed the page.

Comment

I would urge all to try to do this. If you need help, ask someone who has it as their sig. Apo is working on something for us all, and I think that everyone will like it when it is ready to roll out. We need a good majority of the guild using this program though...editing your sig to this one is not necessary. The prgram that does this is quite beneficial. Trust me for now and look into it when you can. Ask me and I'll help ya.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X