Breaking up is hard to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking up is hard to do

This is a hard message to write, hard because of emotions that keep welling up and hard because of the content.

You are, each of you, in the circle of those that I care about and for whom I have worked to be a care giver. I wouldn’t trade a minute of that. No matter where I am in the future, you will remain in my heart.

As you may have guessed, I have decided to take Beep out of TG. This decision did not come easily or lightly, and even though I believe it to be the right one for me, I still pause on the threshold with concerns for you after my departure. You will get over my departure; about that I have no doubt. Will it interfere with your progress? For a bit, but probably for less than we both think.

I have concluded that Beep’s future is to focus on end-game, and that TG will not be able to provide that focus soon enough to work for me. I’ve listened to the discussion, watched the coming and going of players and agonized over the implications of what I have seen.

In terms of community and family spirit, TG is at the top of the heap. No contest! I won’t discuss specific issues and concerns about the guild here because they are my opinions only, but they inform my decision to leave. If you want to know more, I’ll be glad to share and discuss it later, but not here, not now. I don’t want to invite prolonged discussion and more divergence of opinion.

I’d like to keep my other characters in the guild, but I’m aware that I may become an “unfavored” person because of my decision about Beep. Let me know and we’ll handle that however you like.

If anyone is curious, I was not recruited by anyone else. My current guild home is a choice based on a group with room for a tank and a desire to go for end-game that matches mine.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Breaking up is hard to do

You were one of the first members I´ve met in TG and someone that really made me think about leave my old guild.

You will always be a good friend no matter wich guild you decide to go... thanks for all the excelent hours of WoW that we´ve played together!
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to see you go, beep.
      Can't say the things that i want to, just know that you'll be missed.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Wow. First Skeet, now beep. Talk about topedoing our endgame, and I'm not even at high enough level to participate.

Much respect to you Beep: you've helped me immensely over the course of the game. I understand your gaming needs, but will be sad to see you go.

Comment

An elegant and dignified post beep.

Cheers to you and your future endeavors!
          /toast
          "When in doubt, make a fool of yourself" - personal motto
          "Crack is the reason for glass broken" - warning on my favorite japanese teapot

Comment

This is a very sad thing for me to read. What is a healer without a great tank? Amongst other things, dead. I know you don't make such choices with whim. I don't really have the words, all I can say is I healed you more than any other you crazy tanking bastage and I enjoyed every freaken greater heal! Good luck!

Best Regards,
            Shawner

Comment

Since all I've read indicates that end game is a different game, I sympathize with your position, and I'm glad to hear that your alts will remain behind to group with us lowbies.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Sorry to hear you go beep. I hope you will log onto your alts often and still come raid with us. We will miss you and hope you the best.
                Kemotaha

Comment

Sorry to see you go Beep, you have helped me alot with learning to play my warrior, and I appreciate that very much.

Comment

Beep,

Over time I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for you and that makes it harder to see you go. I sympathize with your position and understand your needs as a gamer to make this move. I know that the people here will always be important to you, and I look forward to playing with your alts that are still in TG. I personally hope that there will be no bad blood between us, that would be extremely unfortunate. Good luck in all you do, I hope you accomplish the goals which you set out to. You will be missed greatly.

/salute ...

/hug!
                    -Addie

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
                      Beep,

Over time I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for you and that makes it harder to see you go. I sympathize with your position and understand your needs as a gamer to make this move. I know that the people here will always be important to you, and I look forward to playing with your alts that are still in TG. I personally hope that there will be no bad blood between us, that would be extremely unfortunate. Good luck in all you do, I hope you accomplish the goals which you set out to. You will be missed greatly.

/salute ...

/hug!
                      -Addie
                      Thank you, Adrielle. I'm hoping to play with TG on alts AND with Beep. He didn't die (though he's suffering a bit ATM :row__735: ). The change in guild home resets his priorities for raid scheduling but won't make him a complete stranger. Keep Beep on your Friends list and give me a whisper when you want some tankage company!
                      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

=.( uber emo, my heart sank when i saw 'Beep has left the guild'