The Simple Pleasure of Enjoying a Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Simple Pleasure of Enjoying a Game

All of the defections, sniping, and general drama surrounding the last couple of weeks really gets me down..

At the heart of my gaming, more than anything else, is that I have to have fun. I don't have much gaming time, so I can't be bothered with something that increasingly seems like a chore. The point of gaming is to decompress, not start my second job.

So, last night, after the Gods of Verizon smited my connection, I looked around...CS:S, SWAT 4, Ghost Recon, and OFP were all empty, so those were non-starters. BF2 I uninstalled because I couldn't stay connected to the servers and don't even feel like bothering. RO had a few diehards at that time of night, but I didn't recognize anyone I knew.

So I logged back in to World of Warcraft, and rolled 3 alts: BrotherMateo, a human priest, Matea, a female night elf rogue, and DreadMateo, an undead warrior.

I logged into BrotherMateo, and pwned the hell out of Elwynn, reaching level 4 in 30 minutes. That was some serious fun. Smite rocks!

I look forward to checking out the other alts as well, seeing how being a rogue, or undead is different. I always wanted a Tauren Druid or Shaman(LonghornMateo?), so I might roll that as well.

What was nice was taking a step back from the drama and reconnecting with World of Warcraft: exploring a character, fulfilling quests that I had not seen before, seeing what surprises Blizzard had in store for me.

Sometimes, it's good to just step back, relax, and remember that there is nothing better than simply enjoying a good game.

Re: The Simple Pleasure of Enjoying a Game

I'm bored with my mage banker alt, and will keep her a mule, but I want another gatherer. I've been thinking of rolling up a rogue and maybe starting as dwarf, two things I haven't tried yet. I've yet to play Horde. Which server did you roll DreadMateo on?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
      I've yet to play Horde. Which server did you roll DreadMateo on?
      I rolled everything on Thunderhorn.

Comment

Once Tgphantom hits level 60 I will work on my druid alt some, right now he is at level 10 i belive, just got bear form. I'll try and play him some when I see people around that level on and needing help.

Comment

Isn't Thunderhorn PvP? I thought you couldn't have both Alliance and Horde characters on the same realm. I guess I'm used to that rule on Bleeding Hollow, where I play with MA.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Thunderhorn is PvE not PvP

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
              Isn't Thunderhorn PvP? I thought you couldn't have both Alliance and Horde characters on the same realm. I guess I'm used to that rule on Bleeding Hollow, where I play with MA.
              Thunderhorn, our fair server, is PvE. I had no issues with creating Horde characters.

Comment

Mateo your getting slow man, your getting slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                  Mateo your getting slow man, your getting slow.
                  I do have to work you know. :row__572:

Comment

I was in class you know.

Comment

Wow. The slacking off Continues.

Get to work/Studying!

jeez

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Having fun is the #1 reason to be here and no other reason comes close!
                        I enjoy exploring new characters and just getting engrossed in something as trivial as fishing.

Have fun!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                        Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                        Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Silchar
                          Having fun is the #1 reason to be here and no other reason comes close!
                          Agreed :)
                          sigpic

Comment

Cool Beans !!! : P .. Whenever I felt like my toon or situation started feeling like a 2nd job (well put Mateo) I rolled an alt.. trying out different classes/races adds a double meaning to the addiction lol. Not only does it give you a break from things and get back to enjoying the wonderful world of Azeroth.. You also learn how other classes and races work from a "in their shoes" viewpoint if you will. The rekindling of your love affair with WoW works wonders for whichever toon you decide to have as your main, and it also fine tunes your grouping/raid skills. I have a few alts and (if yours are in the guild) if things a slacking will look for you online to go party.. have a pally around lvl 10 a mage around 15.. i think and a warrior at hm mmmm... 34? their names respectivly are Igotwatuneed (was going to be AH dummy, name influenced by the little green men) , Compound, and Whambam. All human.

Eive/Patchs

Comment

I couldn't agree more! Eventually I'll get my hunter to 60 and I'll get my warrior going again. They just got stale and low on rested XP so my friend and I rolled hordies on Thunderhorn. I started an Orc Shaman and have him up to 14. Shamans rock! I have never had any 'real' magic before and it is a very nice change of pace. That's why I haven't been around much lately.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X