New sets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sets

Anyone know where the quest for these things start?

I gotta get my powder blue tux and FAST!

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Re: New sets

No idea, i just hope I can get this patch downloaded before ZG tonight. Hopefully it won't be to difficult to pick up the quest, I want me some gear.

Comment

I seem to recall that to get the new set, you have to have a complete "old set". I'm not 100% positive on that, but forum discussions at Blizz leading up to the new patch left me that impression.

We'll soon know.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

you need the proper pieces to get the improved piece. You also need certain quest Items, and, from what i understand, phat bux too.

Oh, And It's in the Throne room of Ironforge, i do believe.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

the first piece you replace is the bracers which require a quest that takes you to winterspring and 20g....the next piece you replace are your gloves and belt at the same time. In order to replace those you have to go from the second Ziggrat in Baron and kill baron in 45 minutes...oh and pay 200g...so what was Blizzard thinking....nothing like they usually do
          Thunderhorn:
          70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
          70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
          70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
          70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
          70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
          70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
          70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
          Gilneas:
          50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Originally posted by Alava
            the first piece you replace is the bracers which require a quest that takes you to winterspring and 20g....the next piece you replace are your gloves and belt at the same time. In order to replace those you have to go from the second Ziggrat in Baron and kill baron in 45 minutes...oh and pay 200g...so what was Blizzard thinking....nothing like they usually do
            Ack! That much gold? The stuff isn't THAT fantastic. I may change my mind after some research, but it seems that running end-game for Epics is at least as productive and provides arguably better gear at ZG/AQ/MC Blue or Purple levels.

For many, having the complete set is a goal by itself. I tend to be more "utilitarian" and look at stats/bonuses. The set bonuses are good, not great, but it varies by class. What would get me more enthused would be a warrior set that was defense/tanking/protection oriented. The entire "heroic set" defense boost is a TOTAL of +15 defense...bleeaaahhh!
            Last edited by beep; 03-28-2006, 02:33 PM.
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

those are just the monetary cost from when i was playing on the test server...i sincerely hope they reduced the price of those cause all three of those pieces are blue...the are not even purple : (
              Thunderhorn:
              70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
              70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
              70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
              70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
              70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
              70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
              70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
              Gilneas:
              50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Let me get this straight... In order to get an epic set i.e.: Lawbringer, do I have to complete all new "Lightforge2" or w/e Blizzard called it?

Can I just ignore Blizzard´s new way to screw those who NEVER get their "tier 0" - even though I’ve done over 40 raids and never seen the legs and helm drop - and wear judgement/lawbringer gear?

Please answer this question.

P.S.: In case they’ve done it I will seriously consider leaving WoW :(
                sigpic

Comment

There is no "precedent" required for the serious epic gear (e.g. Might or Wrath for warriors). To upgrade your Tier 0 (e.g. Lightforge) set, you will have to have the item to upgrade. Doesn't look like you need the whole set, tho.
                  Beep

Comment

Oh *relief*... to the hell with the new Ronald MC´Donalds set! I wanna get my Lawbringer/Judgement set :)

BTW, if I already have the chest can I upgrade for the new one? Or in order to do it you need to complete the entire "LF1" set?

Thanks for answering so quick Beep!
                    sigpic

Comment

The Upgrades are sequensed. It goes in order so If you have anything except the bracers, your effectively out of luck as far as the other upgrades go. At least that's how it was in the Test Servers.

I still don't have my SC Gloves..

And lucky me, I already have [ITEM]Nightslayer Bracelets[/ITEM] that are better than the tier 0.5 sets.

I need to hold onto my money, and those mobs are going to be camped like Yellowstone for the next few weeks. I'd rather spend that rediculous amount of money on a mount, than some armor that The first one I won't even wear.
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

hmm...perhaps you guys got points...maybe the sets were made more for casual folk, and not hardcores like us.

either way, rep comes first for me since it has been the focus of my life for the last few weeks...once i get the boss enchants though its time to spam IF and get big money no whammy then go a questin for my gear.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

This will be a huge boost for this guild, I think. A real stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Comment

I dunno, I see some questions over the upgraded sets... for the small amount of time required (compared to the higher sets) these sets are great.

Look at my field marshal set compared to the upgraded SC... theres a very marginal difference between the two sets, obviously they are pushing different stats, but all in all they are going to balance out relatively the same I think. And my FM set took, oh, 8 months of constant play to get, and these new sets aren't going to take 1/100th of that kind of time to get.

The set bonuses of the SC upgrades vs the rogue FM armor makes me SICK. SICK. God the set bonuses on FM gear are a joke for rogues. What a colossal waste of time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X