Let's Go to Dire Maul West!! 5 Man!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Go to Dire Maul West!! 5 Man!!!

I'm loot hungry for my Priest right now...and there's a couple of bosses in DM - West that have things I want. I'd like to try to do this sometime Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

I especially want [ITEM]Padre's Trousers[/ITEM] and [ITEM]Mindtap Talisman[/ITEM]. The first drops from Illeyana Ravenoak, who also drops [ITEM]Force Imbued Gauntlets[/ITEM] and various other greens. The second item drops from Magister Kalendris. Kalendris also drops [ITEM]Elder Magus Pendant[/ITEM], [ITEM]Flamescarred Shoulders[/ITEM] and [ITEM]Amplifying Cloak[/ITEM].

We need a good 5 man: tank, priest (me), mage, warlock, rogue.

Who's interested? Tentative Start Time: 1:30PM Saturday (negotiable, of course)

Here is a "walkthrough" for these guys...not for the whole DM West instance. So far as I know, if we only want these two bosses, we don't need to disable the pylons.
    1. The group enters the West instance from the courtyard, via the right side door (you'll need the Crescent Key from Dire Maul East). When you zone in, you'll find yourself in the Capital Gardens, which in many ways looks similar to the other wings of Dire Maul -- a perimeter of patrols surrounding a large central area. This time, the perimeter is guarded by Ironbark Protectors, who roam alone or in pairs.

2. For most groups, the ultimate goal of a Dire Maul West run is to reach the Prison of Immol'thar, defeat him, and then confront Prince Tortheldrin in the Library. To access the prison, however, you'll need to deactivate five giant crystal pylons throughout the instance, the first of which can be found right here in the center of the Capital Gardens. Each pylon is guarded by many elementals that usually come in groups of two or three, most effectively handled by warlocks banishing. Without a warlock, clearing the elementals guarding each pylon becomes a much more tedious process.

3. After the first pylon is down, the group moves straight ahead to the Court of the Highborne. Waiting at the bottom is Tendris Warpwood, a huge boss who is also needed for the Paladin epic mount quest. Although you don't need to just yet, most groups will defeat Tendris before moving on to the next crystals.

4. The Court of the Highborne has several levels to it, and your next stop is up to the roof for the second and third pylons. Leaving Tendris Warpwood's area, the group moves back up, to the right, indoors (clearing several mobs) and then heading up the ramp to the roof.

5. On the upper level, you'll see the next pylon right in front of you. The process is the same as the first: kill all the elementals to power down the crystal. Two down, three to go.

6. Past the pylon, there's a group of non-elite skeletons between you and a small bridge leading to the other side of the roof. With enough AoE, the skeletons are simple enough to dispatch of.

7. In the middle of the bridge, almost directly above Tendris Warpwood's area, is the Shen'dralar Ancient, who gives the quest "The Madness Within." This is the actual quest to defeat Immol'thar and then the Prince, which hopefully you're well on your way to completing.

8. On the other side of the bridge is the third pylon, which shouldn't present much of a challenge if you've gotten this far. Just pull the elementals and that's three down, two to go.

9. Past the third pylon is an optional named NPC, Illyanna Ravenoak, and her pet beast, Ferra. Illyanna hits hard, and can be hard to defeat without a good tank keeping control of her while the rest of the group drops Ferra first.

10. Now done with the upper level, the group backtracks all the way down to the ramp leading to Tendris Warpwood. Here, some groups will go in search of another named NPC, Magister Kalendris. He's in the first level in the far southwest corner, an area patrolled by undead spirits. Kalendris occasionally likes to mind control players, complicating the fight, but otherwise it's a simple enough fight. Kalendris is coveted for either his Elder Magus Pendant (necklace) or Mindtap Talisman (trinket).
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Let's Go to Dire Maul West!! 5 Man!!!

I would be up for this Sunday afternoon (have ZG on Sat.)...If you are doing west you flat out NEED a lock...otherwise things you cant see will beat you to death, or you wont be able to banish, or lots of other things.

I do need to kill the prince guy they are talking about, but if it isnt part of the run thats cool

From what I hear the optional NPC is BAD! Might be worth a try though if anyone knows what good loot falls off her.

Either way I get lost in DM often but I would love to learn it as it is my fav. instance.

5 mans FTW...I wish there were more!

and DM is pretty!

Another option is another tribute run (I have all the stuff required)

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Sunday afternoon works for me. 1:30 pm OK?

Anyone else want to come?

Need Tank, Mage, Rogue...:row__681:
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

We did this run on Sunday with Phantom (tank), Sunderland ('lock), Crim (mage), Mirada (priest) and Beepster (priest)...that's right...TWO priests. That combination was surprisingly successful (yes, Priests CAN do damage...and double shackles for crowd control!!!)

We found the two bosses...downed 'em...but they only dropped green items (this time). Total time for future tripping here would be about 45 min to an hour to farm these two.

I'd welcome others who want to come along and explore a bit of DM West.
        Beep

Comment

I would love that mindtap talisman, and I actually just saw a Video about a lock solo farming DM West for Librams of focus...might be spending a bit of time there in the future.

also, these bosses were insanely easy to get to...no excuse for people who need stuff off them not to go.

plus they are too easy with that combo at least, the hunter boss even caught us unaware and we still beat her like she owed us money.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

I would definitely like those Force Imbued Gauntlets.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X