Alt. Experience: Group Therapy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alt. Experience: Group Therapy

Hi group. My name is Adrielle. My alt's name is Myranda, she's a level 22 'dorf' priest. She ran the Deadmines the other night...

Why is it that you can't find a decent tank in the Deadmines range? HUH?! For the love of God, why?!

Let me outline my experience for you.

Here's the group makeup:
    Myself- 22 priest
    22 mage
    18 pally
    19 mage
    And our "main tank". A warrior. Level 16.

We're reluctant to have a 16 as a tank, being that, he's under-level and going to be an aggro-magnet. But, at this point, we do not have much of a choice. It's nearing 2am server, and Westfall is dry (seriously, it is). We get to the second boss fairly easily, thanks to my sexy heals. Right before the second boss, we wipe. For no good stupid reason besides when the warrior charged, he aggro'ed most of the room b/c of his low level. He died SO fast it made my head spin, and I even got a heal on him before he went down, and I had bubbled him, and done just about all I really could. The rest of us followed pretty quickly, I had a lot of aggro from my panic heals on the warrior, so yeah. Nice time, etc. First thing the warrior says, "Way to aggro the whole room, Nate" (referring to the Palladin, who was very new to the game, and we were being patient with, and by we I mean, not the warrior). Then he said something about heals, and I flipped at that point. I was peeved, he made us wipe and wouldn't even own up to it.

That's it. I'm rolling a warrior. Oh wait, I already did! Sweet.

Who wants to do Deadmines?

Re: Alt. Experience: Group Therapy

I can run you through deadmines on Phantom. Or one of my alts should be up to that level soon and i can run with you.

Comment

Deadmines is a cesspool of lowbies/n00bs that just bought the game and dont even know what an instance is, or that it takes a good couple of hours to complete.

I rarely see any group make it all the way through with its original members, and even more rarely do I see anyone make it through without being pulled through by a bored lvl 40+

if you want to level grind...its boring, its painful, and it sucks, but its the quick pull of a bandaid vs the water torture that is grouping for instances before you are level 40.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Addie...Altor or Gundola would do ANYTHING for you. Just ask if you want me to take you through Deadmines, stockades, or anything.

Comment

I can level up a tank for you pretty quick.

I also have a NE Rouge (level 7), a Hu-man Priest (Level 4), that I can get to the 20's real quick.

Comment

11 Warlock
            11 Druid
            5 Rogue

15 hunter ::i hate this one::

Probably going to level the warlock, then the druid. Probably get the Warlock to the 30's and the Druid to the 20's for now to help people out.

Comment

Adrielle,

One of the factors involved is that warriors are pretty seriously gimped in their aggro attracting skills (for boss fights) until they are high level. The other is that level 16 anything is too low for a "party of peers" for deadmines. That level character is truly an aggro magnet...like going to STV at level 28...you can draw mobs from across the screen! The last observation is that wipes are never "my" fault, they are always "your" fault:row__523:

Healers have a special role, with a lot of downside and very little upside. Good healing can make a bad party successful...most of the time...but you are likely to take heat for bad healing when it doesn't work. The sweetest words for any healer (heck, any player!) are "nice job...thank you".

As a tank, I cannot succeed without competent healers...period! As a healer, I work hard to keep the party alive and functioning even if some of the party is really not doing what they should.

I loved your post because we all know the situation. I like that we have a guild that welcomes that sort of sharing...
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                11 Warlock
                11 Druid
                5 Rogue

15 hunter ::i hate this one::

Probably going to level the warlock, then the druid. Probably get the Warlock to the 30's and the Druid to the 20's for now to help people out.
                If you spec that druid to feral, you got yourself a tank. Hey, that's an idea! :row__572:

Comment

addrielle? i have a lvl 22 feral druid... he would be a heluva tank id be more than willing to help