Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Noob!

    Hi

    Spoek with Gen.Crebis last night about World of warcraft and briefly he told me the basics of the game

    Now, im thinkinbg of delving into this game but would like a few questions answered before i do, if its ok!?

    3, Whats it reallly about?

    2, Do you have to spend much time evoling your character in game?

    3, Do you all play together like on bf2 to some degree IE you can all be on same server and fight against or play with each other

    4, Am i right for the game!

    The game sounds good and from what i have seen looks great. But im still nt convinced yet

    Any feedback truly welcomed


    TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

  • #2
    Re: Noob!

    All good questions.

    1. See Mateo's WoW review in the main Tactical Gamer page. It may answer some of your questions.
    2. My two pennies worth...
    a. Wow's gameplay is engaging.
    b. Wow is a time sink. Early leveling is pretty quick, but to go from level 1 to level 60 is probably 12 to 15 days of actual playing time (300-360 hours), assuming that you are moderately efficient. It CAN be done in 8-10 days playing time by relying on rested experience bonus (doubles the normal rate of xp gain) and focusing on "grinding" (repetitive killing). I got to level 60 in about 400 hours.
    c. Hard to know if it's the "right" game for you until you try it.
    d. We tend to play together as guild mates, but you will likely spend most of your game time while leveling playing solo with the occasional PUG (Pick up Group).
    e. FWIW, since you are based in Great Britain, you will probably not be able to play on the server where TG's guild is housed (Thunderhorn) since that is a North American server. Perhaps some EU players can offer guidance for you as to selection of server.
    Beep


    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Noob!

      Originally posted by Rock
      Hi

      Spoek with Gen.Crebis last night about World of warcraft and briefly he told me the basics of the game

      Now, im thinkinbg of delving into this game but would like a few questions answered before i do, if its ok!?

      3, Whats it reallly about?

      2, Do you have to spend much time evoling your character in game?

      3, Do you all play together like on bf2 to some degree IE you can all be on same server and fight against or play with each other

      4, Am i right for the game!

      The game sounds good and from what i have seen looks great. But im still nt convinced yet

      Any feedback truly welcomed
      Rock,

      I posted a review on the front page, which might give you an answer to those questions.

      Thanks,
      Mateo

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Noob!

        Yeah cheers guys i just seen it after i posted this!!

        Nice write up Mateo

        Is there any TG Uk players here?


        TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Noob!

          I believe Just G from the 12th plays WoW so you might PM and see if you can get with him. He lives in the UK.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Noob!

            Originally posted by beep
            d. We tend to play together as guild mates, but you will likely spend most of your game time while leveling playing solo with the occasional PUG (Pick up Group).
            If people are online who are near your level, they'll come to your aid if they're not too tied up. Just ask. I love to show people the ropes and things are a lot easier if you have someone a level or two above to party with. (You get bonus XP points in a party.)

            e. FWIW, since you are based in Great Britain, you will probably not be able to play on the server where TG's guild is housed (Thunderhorn) since that is a North American server. Perhaps some EU players can offer guidance for you as to selection of server.
            The servers operate 24 hour (except for weekly maintenance) and have a day/night cycle matching their real-world location. So UK servers will have daylight in the game when there's daylight outside. If you play on a US server, you'll see our day/night cycle. You can't switch your toon from one server to another, so you have to choose between playing your own time zone or playing a different clock with us. I play at all hours so I get to see the cycles of the server. Sometimes it's as busy as a mall on Sunday and sometimes I'm almost alone in a zone (kinda like a county).
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

            snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

            Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Noob!

              There are many folks in the UK who play on our server.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Noob!

                Rock I came here from another server and am havin to start up a character from scratch if ya can get on thunderhorn I could runn with ya and runn you through the quests I am up late at nite most the time anyway's ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Noob!

                  Cheers for all your comments much appreciated

                  Originally posted by =GFH=DragoKatzof
                  Rock I came here from another server and am havin to start up a character from scratch if ya can get on thunderhorn I could runn with ya and runn you through the quests I am up late at nite most the time anyway's ...
                  I have yet to purchase game, can this be done online?

                  Are you from UK?


                  TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Noob!

                    Originally posted by beep
                    All good questions.


                    e. FWIW, since you are based in Great Britain, you will probably not be able to play on the server where TG's guild is housed (Thunderhorn) since that is a North American server. Perhaps some EU players can offer guidance for you as to selection of server. [/INDENT]
                    from what i have heard....... if u purchase a copy of WOW that is intended to be sold in the US... i will be able to play on US servers with us


                    whats FWIW
                    powered by Windows 7

                    . . . .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Noob!

                      so let me get this right

                      You can only play on 1 server, once you join the server you cant swap and change servers like in bf2?


                      TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Noob!

                        Once you create a character it stays on the server you created it on. But you can create other characters on other servers if you want to.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Noob!

                          this game is far too different to compare it to BF2 or any other shoter
                          powered by Windows 7

                          . . . .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Noob!

                            Hey Rock, I f you want to try before you buy, I have a 10 day guest pass you can use. pm me for the cd key
                            Only prob is you will need to install the game 1st (discs only needed for install not play)
                            Do you know anyone that has the game and can lend you the discs ?

                            Comment

                            Connect

                            Collapse

                            TeamSpeak 3 Server

                            Collapse

                            Advertisement

                            Collapse

                            Twitter Feed

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X