DKP - Heads Up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKP - Heads Up!

OK, everyone...listen up...important goings on and imminent changes....

Please review the DKP-FAQ and DKP Rules Summary in the Announcements and SOP forum. Your guild officers have been working for weeks to review DKP systems and to determine which system, if any, would be best for TG.

Our first post for general consumption is the DKP FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Our second post is the DKP Rules.

Subsequent posts will (A) give you a link to a "price list" of loot and (B) list everyone and the DKP points.

This is an important change as to how we will handle loot distribution, so you'll need to read the two big posts thoroughly...maybe even multiple times...to get what this is about.

I've stickied and closed the two threads that describe DKP so your questions and comments will need to be in THIS thread for now. We'll create new threads or move things as needed to keep this focused.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: DKP - Heads Up!

If you have any questions, I will do my best to give you an answer.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
      If you have any questions, I will do my best to give you an answer.
      FYI, Vinzalf is THE guild expert on DKP based on his diligent research into the various systems. (Thank you, Vin!:) )
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Will there be any preference at all given to those members in the guild who need to be geared well for the guild to be successful (ex. Main Tanks) ?

Comment

Phantom, from what I read, that is what the priorities are for. So yes.

Question Beep...Your example was one of a 10 man group. 10-man groups are not covered by DKP correct?

It was just an example to show how points would be adjusted. The DKP system is for 20+ instances.

Comment

Well priority as i see is setup by class and spec. But there are people that are warriors, and protection spec, but are not the MT's that need to be geared well for us to be able to successfully field our own 40-man raid.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
              Well priority as i see is setup by class and spec. But there are people that are warriors, and protection spec, but are not the MT's that need to be geared well for us to be able to successfully field our own 40-man raid.
              The DKP system is designed to differentiate between DPS warriors and MT/Prot Spec Warriors, but not for individuals designated as MT #1 or #2.

The role of Main Tank #1 or #2 does not (in the DKP system) receive any special merit or loot preference. The really critical FR gear needed for taking/holding/surviving aggro from MC/Onyxia boss fights (typically Dark Iron Armor) is made by a Blacksmith with sufficient Thorium Bro. rep AND the recipes. Typically, guilds will contribute the materials for the DI gear for the key MT individuals...materials which are ALREADY guild property (Dark Iron, lava cores, fiery cores, core leather etc.) Even so, it's still a LOT of runs to gather all that stuff.
              Last edited by beep; 04-10-2006, 05:17 PM.
              Beep

Comment

Guys, I think this is fantastic. I feel that this is a much better way to organize the distribution of loot.

Great Job!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

How will the totals be tracked? Is there an add-on to help track how much DKP a toon will have?

LA

Comment

Originally posted by LadyAbyss
                    How will the totals be tracked? Is there an add-on to help track how much DKP a toon will have?

LA
                    The DKP will be maintained in an on-line database accessible from the TG site. Vinzalf is working on the technical side of arranging that.
                    Beep

Comment

In the past it was implied that your main toon should be going to the raids and not your alts. With DKP is that restriction now removed?

LA

Comment

Originally posted by LadyAbyss
                        In the past it was implied that your main toon should be going to the raids and not your alts. With DKP is that restriction now removed?

LA
                        I don't think we've changed the Main Toon designation or idea, but there is no DKP penalty for raiding with an alt. If you are asked to take an alt for reasons of balance, you can designate which 'toon gets the DKP.
                        Beep

Comment

A few thoughts guys love that your going DKP and the whole endgame way 1. +healing/+damg rings, neck, weps and what not should be casters non hunters items to exclude priests on some is wrong now with that said anything with the added + chance to hit with spells yes that excludes priest because heals do not miss that is mage/lock gear. As far as alts going still think yes they need to earn DKP but if an item droped and 2 wanted the item one a main one an alt the main gets priority
                          If I am sleepy and lazy at the same time does that make me sleazy

Comment

What if someone is asked to bring their alt for class balance?? If they are doing the guild a favorite by bringing their alt, shouldn't they be treated as a main for that run?? If not doesn't seem fair to ask anyone to bring alts then.

Comment

Crim, in that case the player will be able to choose which toon will get the DKP. This information is also in the DKP thread.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X