No announcement yet.

Question about Computer Specs!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Computer Specs!

I have a fairly good gaming system, but I know it can use some upgrades. I normally get 60fps (monitor Max w/ Vsync) in most outdoor areas but in places like Ironforge those Frames can drop into the single digits. I recently upgraded to 1.5 gigs of Ram which help with the lag burst when hearthing into IF. I was wondering how a 40 man raid effects system performance so I can start planning some upgrades.

My system:
    jetway A210GDMS Pro (ATI480 chipset)
    AMD 64 3200+
    1.5gigs PC3200 (2x512 and 2x256 soon to be upgraded to 2x1gig)
    Geforce 6600GT 128meg Video card
    250gig SATA2 Hard Drive
    2 optical drives
    520 Enermax Liberty PSU

I would soon like to get a Geforce 7900GT but that is a month or 2 away.
    Last edited by Diablo2k; 04-22-2006, 04:08 AM.

Re: Quistion about Computer Specs!

For a 40-man raid i keep all my player/guild names turned off to help. Apart from that I don't do anything different. Your system seems to be very similar to mine, i am upgrading to 2GB of RAM for my birthday. I don't seem to have any additional problems when in 40-man raids.

Our computer is pretty close to the bare minimum req.'s for WoW. I've never seen my fps over 20, and in 40 man raids I'll get about 2.5-3.5 fps on average. If that gives you any kind of insight.

Mine is pretty close to Adrielle's probably and some days are better than others. I have plenty lag inraids but am still able to be functional most of the time. If is still bad and usually worse than raids. I have my video settings turned down a bit even though I mb vid card.

My system specs would make you cry

Proc Athlon 950mhz
        Ram 596 mb
        Vid Radeo 9600 Pro 256 mb Ram
        160 Gb IDE HD

My biggest drawback is load screen time.
        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

i recently built my dream computer

ASUS A8N-SLI
          AMD X-2 Dual Core 4400+
          2X1GB Corsair XMS low latency(with LED activity lights)
          (i threw my ols 512x2 mushkin LL in too to make it 3GB total)
          1X- ATI X800 256MB PCI-X16 (gonna upgrade in a month to a X1900
          case = Antec P180 (quiet and sharp lookin)
          Raptor 10,000rpm 2x120GB RAID

with that being said.. i think your weak spot is deffinitly your ram.. replace the 256's with 2x1gb sticks... putting them in the primary slots on your MB.. and ull be cookin... whats your resolution at? i run at 1280x1024 or whatever

i get 60FPS everywhere.. nothing more nothing less... i think my GFX card is capped at 60FPS.. but it renders the whole game(everything cranked) in IF.. in MC.. anywhere.. 60FPS... cept for that damn mailbox.. it drops to the high-mid 40s