Getting really Fed up.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting really Fed up.....

I am really fed up with the ingame advertising of websites that sell gold for cash. I am getting group invites as well as whispers advertising these places.

I ask, Everyone of you that gets one of these to report it, Everytime you get one! If the GMs start getting enough complaints on these guys they will shut them down, but they must get enough complaints.

Please, I beg you, stop whatever you are doing and report these people, they are the ones that cause the outrages prices in the AH.
    Also put in the report that you cant ignore them and you think it is wrong that you cant.

This must stop, and if it dont, I peronally will not be playing the game any more!!!

Re: Getting really Fed up.....

I page a GM with every whisper I get from them. Have since I started playing.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

eeven if they ban that account.. they would start up a new one... BUT if enough accounts get banned they will think twice about the cost(14.95 they will never see again)
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

But I want 200gp for $7. LOL.

Comment

Mateo, Didn't we have a discussion about this? so very long ago when i first started posting to these forums?

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chair
            eeven if they ban that account.. they would start up a new one... BUT if enough accounts get banned they will think twice about the cost(14.95 they will never see again)
            Actually if they Bann the account it will cost them about $40 each and every time (they will have to buy a whole new game!), if the accounts get banned quick enough it will no longer be profitable, also if the GMs get anoyed enough with the spammers they will go to the developers and have something done about it, this is why everyone, they can also do some investigation and get the account actually selling the Gold shut down.

I would also like to say, I really had a bad day yesterday and I went off when I got the 2 adverisments, I really hope I didn't do anything to offend anyone, first we had a electrical problem in the kitchen, then after we got done BBQing the hickory chips in the grill caught fire and melted the siding on the house, I had no idea they could burn so hot!, after that I got the 2 advertisments, so you could imagine the state of mind I was in!

Comment

Don't they just need a guest key? They don't have to buy the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by Manetheren
                Mateo, Didn't we have a discussion about this? so very long ago when i first started posting to these forums?
                Yeah, you told me you were in for $14 worth. :row__593:

Comment

I don't ever get whispers or mail about gold... I think I may have gotten a wowmail or two, but that's about it.

Comment

I got a WoW gold whisper ...

get this ...

IN THE MIDDLE OF MOLTEN CORE!!!

/emo

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo2k
                      if the GMs get anoyed enough with the spammers they will go to the developers and have something done about it
                      This is dangerous. If the devs are lazy, they may just ban "www" or "http" from chat, and we'll find it difficult to mention our favorite team's website in the game.

A better solution would be to hook something like SpamAssassin into the chat logs, but that could be computationally expensive. Running anything that looks like a URL through a SURBL would probably be a Good Thing. One then adds a standard IRC command to nominate a SURBL entry, and the GM's can approve it.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Feel however you may about buying gold, but the fact of the matter is that gold farmers keep the server economies alive. Without the gold people buy, you wouldn't sell Essences for what we can sell them for, but things like Mooncloth would still be rare enough to not get cheaper. It's a necessary evil that occasionally works in our favor. Further, the economy has been established in patches a posteriori to depend on gold farmers. 120g for a Hallowed Brazier? Without gold buying it would be normalized to be much cheaper. Remove the gold farmers now, no one will ever be able to afford it (even if you don't buy gold). And I'd be out of the Core Marksman Rifle business!

Comment

Good point, Arkamis. "Gold" farming is a misnomer. What's actually farmed is all the stuff one trades for gold. Resource farming might be a better term.

The widespread objection to it reminds me of the real world objections to globalizing the economy, for example allowing foreign agricultural suppliers to compete with domestic ones. Much poverty in the 3rd world is due to protectionism in the 1st world that prevents the free flow of goods that would allow the economies to float to an equal level. (Remember that 2 centuries ago, the US was the 3rd world and we had the same issues getting our products sold in Europe.)

Now spam, OTOH, is something I do object to, and anything we can do to limit it, in game and in any other electronic media, is a worthy objective. Spam represents a cost to the recipient without being of significant cost to the sender, so it's very unbalanced in an economic sense.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Spam comes in many varietys, and all are evil.
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf

Spam comes in many varietys, and all are evil.

Mmm! Turkey! :evil cackle:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X