Sorry guys. . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys. . .

but I have decided that it is best for me to take Essentia out of the guild. I really like all of you and I enjoyed my time with TG very much. I have been with the guild for a long time, however, I have always felt that it was difficult to get help w/ quests. I recently turned lvl 60 and have had much more playing time lateley, and unfortunately, I do not feel as though I was getting support from the guild. I mentioned several times in guild chat that I needed to get MC attuned and also in the forums. I actually went on the quest with two separate pugs and was still unable to get it done. A friend of mine had asked me to join his guild and do an MC run with them. When I mentioned that I was not attuned, in less than 5 minutes there was a guild group ready to go. I just want you all to understand why I am leaving because I think other people may feel the same way. I hope there are no hard feelings, but I think this will just work better for me.

Thank you all for the wonderful times that I did have while in TG.

Re: Sorry guys. . .

I am so sorry to see you go, But unfortionatly I kinda agree with you. I have seen time and time again people asking to do MC Attunment and other "lower lvl" quests only to get ignored. Last night I seen someone asking for help with Attunmant I think it was and the next personin chat tried to start up a MC run.
    TG can not forget about the up and coming players. But I have seen that the further along the guild gets in endgame instances the more it forgets about the lower lvl players/instances. I think we need to dedicate at least one nite a week to running lower lvl instances.we have more than enough people to run multiple instance runs in one nite, 5 can do the Ony quests, another 5 can do MC attunment some others can do LBRS or maybe UBRS. It doesn't have to be AQ, ZG and MC all the time.

Comment

Sadly, alot of it has to do with timing.
      I don't know how many times i've seen people ask for help, and then get mad for being ignored when there's a party in the middle of a fight in, say, ZG. We (as 60's) try to pay attention to everything, but when you're in a raid, it's kinda tough to say 'yeah, sure, i'll drop everything and come help'.

I am sorry to see you go, though essentia. best of luck in your new guild.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

There has been many of runs that we have had a warlock in there (for summons) and we would ask who needs the attunement and only a few would answer...But any way good luck to your new guild..
        Candrice 63 Warrior
        Ricca 70 Rogue
        Machelle 70 Mage
        Enya 74 Druid

Comment

queue the music ' another one bites the dust ' =(
          /emo

also id like to point out that 60 do not make the world go 'round... and that i see 4-10 lvl 50-59 on in times where we are searching the guild list for more to do ZG... so......
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chair
            queue the music ' another one bites the dust ' =(
            /emo

also id like to point out that 60 do not make the world go 'round... and that i see 4-10 lvl 50-59 on in times where we are searching the guild list for more to do ZG... so......
            Yep, another one bites the dust!
            <---------

Comment

60s do not control the fate of the server. I have spent 2/3 of Crebis' life at 60...don't you think I might be getting tired of Scholo/Strat/LBRS/BRD?...yes...I am...

Helping others I don't mind. But you also have to take into account everyone's play time. I run 4-5 Raids a week for the guild. I don't have much time to run a lowbie instance. I wish I did. It's nice to see someone get their attunement or Ony key.

How do you think I did it? PUG probably. And yes, what about the "just under 60". we have several that probably need it as well. Do not expect people to drop what they are doing to help. We have our needs as well.

One of my needs is Silithus Rep to make the gear for our up-coming hunters. Ricca farms for mats for potions for our raids. I don't think it's fair to post something on day 1...and leave guild by day 5...

If you want something done, sometimes you have to do it yourself. I am not being rude, but I am being blunt. Why are you here? My reason to get attuned was to run with these guys, not just get attuned "or else"...

Plan other things until it happens...or PUG it. We can not do everything at once as a guild. We will try to include all, but there comes a point that you need to focus...and we are...we risk losing alot of the core of TG if we do not press forward. If we lose those that expect the guild to help at a moments notice...then we have lost someone that is impatient. Speak with me before leaving at the very least. I might have been able to set up those raids on the site. Or set a night for MC/Ony Attunements...

Comment

Very well said Crebis....I have 2 char with there full sets and 1 that only needs 2 pieces of hers..I got maybe 30 percent in guild runs.The rest i got in pugs..Pugs will not kill you to go on if so id be way dead by now..
                Candrice 63 Warrior
                Ricca 70 Rogue
                Machelle 70 Mage
                Enya 74 Druid

Comment

I do not expect everyone to drop what they are doing just to help someone. However, I do think that it would be in the best interest of the guild to help those up and coming 60's get their attunements done so that TG could do all guild runs and you wouldn't need to enlist the help of other guilds to run MC, etc. I needed to get attuned, so I posted something on the forums asking for help. Not one person said they could help, not ONE person. The guild has several raids planned throughout the week, and not one night is left open for attunement runs or etc. As you become an end-game guild your idea is that it becomes every man for himself. The attitude I'm getting is that pugs are the way to go. If you have to do everything in a pug, then what is the point of belonging to a guild? I did run the instance with pugs, twice as a matter of fact. As pugs go, the runs were never finished. The second pug I was in, our healer left. I asked in guild chat for a healer and the response I got was to forget about getting attuned right now and wait until I could solo it.

I know that I am not the only person who has asked for help and has gotten no response. Often times I see people requesting help and never get a response. I never said that everyone had to drop what they were doing to help me, and I realize that many nights the guild was in ZG, MC, etc. There have been times though where I have checked the roster and seen 4 or 5 lvl 60's who were NOT on these runs, and never got one response for my request. Even a simple "I wish I could help but I can't right now" is better than feeling like you're being ignored. This is why I posted my request on the forums. I thought that maybe this way people could tell me when they would be available. But as I said before, not one person responded to my request.

You all can be upset with me for leaving, but I really thought this needed to be brought up. When I first joined TG one of the things I really liked was that we did things as a guild. The higher level you get, the less help you get it seems. I have solo'd almost my entire play time, but there are just some things you can't do by yourself. As mentioned before, I don't think everyone needs to leave MC to help a lowbie, or drop what they are doing, but I do think that time does need to be reserved for that instead of being only dedicated to running raids every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo2k
                    Yep, another one bites the dust!
                    <---------
                    I want to make a point here. I will agree that there have been many times I have seen requests for instance runs. I am not always available to help, and sometimes, I just don't want to (Gotta be honest here). Essentia, I understand your frustration, It's taken me a long time to get what we got done this weekend in the Ony chain. I'm still not done, but it took 5 people needing the same thing at the same time to complete it. I am sad to see you leave.

As for Xtracker. If I'm going to be honest again, I had NO problems with you leaving. You complained most of the time in guild chat. That right there made me not want to help you grind. I sent you TONS of stuff (gear, scales, etc) so happy trails.

I really think most of the guild solo'd to 60. I know I did (with 2 toons). It wasn't easy all of the time but I LEARNED how to play my toons that way. I am confidant that if I am in a group/raid, I will be able to contribute and not be a liability.

Comment

Essentia, I kind of agree with you: we don't really develop players all that well. That said, I think the time to bring this up is long before you head out the door.

I'm sure that if you communicated to the Brass that this is an issue with your continued membership in the Guild, we could have done something-we do have alot of helpful people here.

Comment

Another thought...as TG's Guild has evolved, we are more focused on end-game instances. One by-product of this is that lower level characters are, relatively speaking, more on their own for leveling up. Our guild is more "mature".

Now...if you want to get something done...regardless of level, the BEST way to do it is to post first in these forums...3-5 days ahead of time. If your only method to get something organized is a few guild chat entries in-game, you will almost always be frustrated. How do I know this? Experience! Every level 60 has the same experience with this AND if you do some "archival" thread searching, you will find some very old posts about this very topic AND how to get help.

Same topic, same advice...post your needs in the forum well in advance, ask for help, solicit additionally in game (private msgs to individuals may be more effective than guild chat) to fill out your group.
                        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I think all the guild veterans, officers & guild leaders who responded to this post DEFENDING the guild and it's actions lately have totally missed the mark:

Tactical Gamer was founded with a few very simple principles:...
                          2) Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers and where all members would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby...
                          It's not respectful to get ignored in guild chat when asking for help on multiple occassions nor to be ignored when posting to try to arrange & schedule a run. Essentia wanted to be a part of your raiding but made her feel unimportant as to warrant no help from guilders & even receive advice to find a PUG. :(

The theme of the posts in response to Essentia's legitimate gripe & leaving the guild, is basically "Do attunement on your own, we DID, and we're all too busy doing OUR lvl 60 stuff to help you - please leave a message at the beep". Bottom line, you're losing sight of those NOT attuned to MC, Onyxia's key, BWL, etc...and because of this focus only upon raiding you've now lost a member who was with you for 6 months +

This isn't something that affects only your guild, it's in every guild...focus too much upon end game and you lose the more casual players, focus on the casual runs & the raiders get restless. You can have both & you can satisfy all members by making time & setting aside days (the idea for having 1 days a week for helping "lowbies" quest) is essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilvish
                            This isn't something that affects only your guild, it's in every guild...focus too much upon end game and you lose the more casual players, focus on the casual runs & the raiders get restless. You can have both & you can satisfy all members by making time & setting aside days (the idea for having 1 days a week for helping "lowbies" quest) is essential.
                            That brings up an interesting point. If this issue is showing up in all Guilds, then shouldn't we, as an established community, be looking for a way to bridge this gap?

The Guild that figures out how to manage the rift between the casual WoW player, and the hardcore raiders will have a massive competitive advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              That brings up an interesting point. If this issue is showing up in all Guilds, then shouldn't we, as an established community, be looking for a way to bridge this gap?

The Guild that figures out how to manage the rift between the casual WoW player, and the hardcore raiders will have a massive competitive advantage.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/world-w...-quandary.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X