Instances question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instances question

So ... I'm only level 12 (first char ever, yes, I resisted WoW THIS long - Oblivion finally sucked me into the world of magic & big swords), but I'm curious about these instances.

Is there something closer to my level? I don't mean teens per se, but even in the 20s? The only one I know of is Gnomeragan, and that's 30. Any others in that range, or lower?

Second question following that, is ... once I'm there, who'll run it with me? Whenever I hit the Guild pane, I see a bunch of 60s and ... me. Do you guys have alts all over (I'm coming from CoH, where alts all over the place were pretty much the norm), or is your 60 pretty much it?

Just wondering. Any answers welcome.

And Hunter advice. Weapon proficiencies ... get everything? Save up for Mail? Dual Wield? Talents? I know nothing! Pointing me to a site where I can get a digest works too :D

Oh, and gold. Gold's welcome too. Dwarves are *$!%*[email protected]! cheap (I seem to have 4x the amount of cash on my lvl 11 Druid)!

Me: |

Re: Instances question

Deadmines and Stockades are both lower level instances. And people have alts in all level ranges and are glad to help out.

Comment

Deadmines (commonly called VC) is a good place soon approaching your level. shortly thereafter you will be able to visit the Stockades.

There is a lower level instance, but it's all the way in the barrens and not necessarily worth the trip. Unless seeing the biggest murloc in the game is something you really wanna see. (I had to go because I got one of the smallest murlocs for a pet!)
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Marconi,

Hey, bunch of good questions!

There are a couple of players that are around your level, and I've been itching to get an alt going....you aren't all alone, it just seems that way.

Deadmines is good in the teens, and Blackfathom Deeps should be next before Gnomergan. Actually, Gnomergan is kinda a drag, but if you have quests, the drops can be good.

Stockades is another in the 20's that is probably worth doing. I skipped it on this character, but my first character was a hunter, and I got lots of good drops in there.

Wailing Caverns is also supposed to be good for the 20s-30s. I never did it, so I have no idea.

As for being a hunter, I have no idea. I levelled my hunter to 30, then deleted him. I wouldn't dual weild-get yourself all the 2 handed weapons: Staff/Sword/Axe/Mace. That way you can use your pet as a tank, and come in with the big DPS weapon for the kill.

Comment

Westfall, which is Southwest of Stormwind, is an area where you can get bunches of quests that can take you from level 14-15 to level 20ish, and also includes a quest chain which will lead you up to quests in the Deadmines, a level 17ish-22ish instance. You may see it advertised in LFG channel as "VC" for 'Van Cleef' (the name of the final boss) as to not get it confused with the 60ish instance Dire Maul (DM). As far as I know, many of the level 60's have alts that could help you, but it's not difficult to get a PUG together in LFG if that's not an option for some reason.

For hunter advice, I suggest talking to Crebis, he's the main man around here as far as hunters go. Oh yeah well, I guess Chair's okay too, ... you know if you're desperate.

(OMG ROFL JK CHAIR <3) ;)

EDIT: JEEZ you guys are quick. Yikes.

Comment

Here is a great guide that I have used in the past.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instances_by_Level

Welcome to the World of Warcraft!!

Comment

IF you want a quick run through the Deadmines just to finish the quest, give Altor or Gundola a shout. You won't get much XP from kills, but you will get xp for the quest completions and you get all the loot.

Comment

I've got a 27 hunter on another PvE server. Start another thread on hunters and we can chat about it there.

I just checked out Wailing Caverns with my 40 warlock just to see what's in there. Looks pretty cool. All the quests are either Horde or neutral (gotten in Ratchet from the goblins) but it looked cool in there.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
                  For hunter advice, I suggest talking to Crebis, he's the main man around here as far as hunters go. Oh yeah well, I guess Chair's okay too, ... you know if you're desperate.

(OMG ROFL JK CHAIR <3) ;)
                  /ignore adrielle
                  powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

In order of common progression you want to do for alliance is:

Deadminds (VC) - Blue chest quest
                    Blackfathom Deep (BFD) - Blue bow/armor drops
                    Gnomeregan (Gnomer) - Blue pants quest/ring drop
                    Scarlet Monestary (SM) - EVERYONE goes to SM, no question
                    Uldaman (Ulda) - Blue gun drop/ring drop
                    Zul'Farrak (ZF) - Blue ring quest
                    Maraudon (Mara) - Blue hunter gear
                    Sunken Temple (ST) - Hunter quest
                    Blackrock Deep (BRD) - phat lewt
                    Lower Blackrock Spire - 10 man (LBRS)
                    Lower Blackrock Spire - 5 man, Stratholme, Scholomance (LBRS, Strat, Scholo)
                    Uopper Blackrock Spire (UBRS)

Wailing Caverns (WC) has a nice bow drop and leather set for a hunter, but drumming up a group is rather impossible. On a plus side for a selling point, one of the WC quests gives you a LW pattern for one of the BEST leather belts for rogue/hunter twinks before you hit 30. Not bad for a level 16 item, but the mats are horrible to farm.

Shadowfang Keep (SFK) tends to drop more caster stuff then gear suitable for a hunter in my experience. You may find a few paladins looking for a group there to do a quest, but thats all the interest in it other than caster twinks.

Razorfen Kraul (RFK) is also another instance you might find trouble drumiming up support for since its so out of the way to hoof it by foot. The only alliance quests for it are a warrior chest piece and a book found at the bottom of the great elevator. Since both are rather skipable, you won't see many alliance groups going this way.

Razorfen Downs (RFD) see moderate interest, but most people perfer to go to SM or ZF instead because of the location. The drops are decent, but you will have nightmares of the skeletal summoners just like most people have of the alarm bot in Gnomer. Nothing screams "WIPE" like a summoner on a ledge above you sending 500 elite mobs screaming through to your location while gathering all the mobs of the instance in between. The worst part is the routes they take can be so obscure you might not even notice you aggroed the summoner until you're flooded in bones and your face hits the dirt.
                    My sanity is not in question...
                    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
                      Wailing Caverns (WC) has a nice bow drop and leather set for a hunter, but drumming up a group is rather impossible. On a plus side for a selling point, one of the WC quests gives you a LW pattern for one of the BEST leather belts for rogue/hunter twinks before you hit 30. Not bad for a level 16 item, but the mats are horrible to farm.

Shadowfang Keep (SFK) tends to drop more caster stuff then gear suitable for a hunter in my experience. You may find a few paladins looking for a group there to do a quest, but thats all the interest in it other than caster twinks.

Razorfen Kraul (RFK) is also another instance you might find trouble drumiming up support for since its so out of the way to hoof it by foot. The only alliance quests for it are a warrior chest piece and a book found at the bottom of the great elevator. Since both are rather skipable, you won't see many alliance groups going this way.

Razorfen Downs (RFD) see moderate interest, but most people perfer to go to SM or ZF instead because of the location. The drops are decent, but you will have nightmares of the skeletal summoners just like most people have of the alarm bot in Gnomer. Nothing screams "WIPE" like a summoner on a ledge above you sending 500 elite mobs screaming through to your location while gathering all the mobs of the instance in between. The worst part is the routes they take can be so obscure you might not even notice you aggroed the summoner until you're flooded in bones and your face hits the dirt.
                      I'd Personally suggest attempting WC with a team. It's a LONG walk, but it's an interesting experience, and you get to kill a ginormous murloc.

As for SFK, I had absolutely no trouble getting groups for there, and there are quite a few useful drops in there, yea mainly caster, but some other things. Plus theres the chance to get [ITEM]Fel steed Saddlebags[/ITEM] Which can be helpful if you don't have the money to twink your char out with all 16 slot bags from the get-go.

And I personally love the Razorfen instances. They're alot of fun and that was the point where I noticed the instances becoming a little more centered around events in the instance, and less about getting from point A to point B.
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Don't forget Dire Maul...Some of the best blue drops period!

Comment

Originally posted by Altor
                          Don't forget Dire Maul...Some of the best blue drops period!
                          I don't have the key. I need to get back over to "EMO Elf" and see if he'll give it to me.

Comment

Thanks bunches for all the answers. That wowwiki looks especially nice.

As for advice, I really meant in the most general sense. I don't really want to get spoiled for anything, but if there's some big-ass mistake that you can recall from your early levels (for any class really, I'm sure I'll roll an alt at some point soon - I still haven't tried everything!) that I could avoid, some expenditure I should NOT have, or I dunno, some thing that I *really* should save money for ASAP ... that sort of stuff.

Me: |

Comment

Originally posted by Marconi
                              As for advice, I really meant in the most general sense. I don't really want to get spoiled for anything, but if there's some big-ass mistake that you can recall from your early levels...
                              Anything marked ???-stay away from.
                              Actually, anything > 3 levels above your level stay away from.
                              Respeccing gets expensive-use a class calculator to figure out your build.
                              Don't get greedy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X