So you may have heard...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you may have heard...

I'm sure plenty of people know, that yesterday, I got an offer to join Oath. This was totally unexpected, and probably happened for two reasons. 1.) They're desparate for tanks. 2.) I have real-life friends in guild. Now, this was on my mind all day, and after talking to Beep and Crebis, I knew I had to settle things out.

Pros:
    They'd basically throw sweet warrior gear at me, since all their warriors have everything.
    Earlier raid times, starting at 7:30-8:00 isn't really convenient for me.
    Endgame. This part is kind of contested.

Cons:
    You guys have become very, very good friends of mine, and I'd hate to just dump you.
    New to endgame raiding. I don't have a lot of endgame experience, so I'd be the guild n00b.
    And again, endgame. We're moving rather quickly to endgame, so its contested.

After thinking about it....all day :P....I've made a decision.

I'm staying with TG. No matter how tempting the offer is, I'm extremely happy with this guild, and I think playing with friends and a relaxed environment is much better than a few purples.

So this is to anyone who was wondering, now you know.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Re: So you may have heard...

I'm glad you're staying! We''ve got a good group of warriors now, the core around which TG will succeed in its end-game ambitions! For my part, I know what it's like to be tempted to go to a guild where they are already doing all the end-game stuff you seek.

For me, the decision is all about doing end-game WITH MY FRIENDS AT TG! As nice as good gear is, I want to share my successes with the people who know me, helped me and have been my "running buddies" for weeks and months.

At TG, we are still learning our way through the bosses at MC and ZG and AQ. Do I wish we were better? Yes! Do I wish we were faster? Yes! Do I wish we had more skilled players with better gear? Yes! AND....we will get all those things by sticking around and supporting TG as we grow into end-game. It will not be overnight, nor will we avoid wipes and big repair bills and the frustrations that come with learning. So what!!! We're doing it together with the people I look forward to joining at the end of a long work day! :)
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Thats another reason. I'd rather learn a new instance or raid than jump right into a routine.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!

Comment

Glad you decided to stay, ... shows you're smarter than some of us ... *COUGH* Oh jeez did I say that out loud?

Yes, I'm no stranger to the temptation of being with a guild that has more end game success. But, there is a Bermuda Triangle element to TG, and that's the people. I came back because some things aren't worth doing if you can't do them with people you know and love. I've been in TG since the first day I rolled Addie. TG is her home.

At any rate, I'm very glad you decided to stay. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
          Glad you decided to stay, ... shows you're smarter than some of us ... *COUGH* Oh jeez did I say that out loud?
          You left first. in as much, I can say that I was so stricken by your departure that i had to leave myself.

So yeah. keep on coughing.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Originally posted by Manetheren
            You left first. in as much, I can say that I was so stricken by your departure that i had to leave myself.

So yeah. keep on coughing.

I was including myself in that implication, good sir.

Comment

TG are a great bunch of people. Stick with them.

Also, its not my place to talk about another guilds in-house matters, but there have been numerous murmurs lately that oath is a bit of a sinking ship at the moment. Which is a shame, because they've accomplished a lot.

Delirium Platoon Leader
              Fate Squad Leader
              All round fantastic dude

Comment

They are falling apart, another reason they wanted me.

Comment

Halten, I'm psyched you're staying!

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

We love you too Hal :)

Comment

I'm so glad to hear you decided to stay!! Wonderful news.. just wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
                        I was including myself in that implication, good sir.
                        Dear madam.

I'm well aware that you were including yourself in the above implication. Were you to pay attention, you would see that I was taking advantage of that very implication to dissuade any belief that I left for reasons other than you being gone.

And no, I will not tolerate you pointing out that I myself typed backwardsslashginviteadrielle the night before i left. Lies. all of them.

Yours, Sincerely.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

lol Manny...its gonna be a tough crowd :(

Comment

WOOT im glad u chose the path u did