Calling all hunters and peoples who are smart :P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all hunters and peoples who are smart :P

So now I know with the new gear im seeing there has to be some good hunter gear and I know theres some sweet playing hunters in here. Now why is it im not seeing any of that sweet hunter gear? I know some of you know things about the upgrades the hunters got. Now not only the gear just anything in general about the patch or expansion what ever it is. Now do me a favor if ya can and shed some light on this hunter on whats to come once I get back in cause I know nothing of the patch but certain upgrades for class's. Any information would be appreciated thank you.
    Tis tantum suscipio quod EGO have etiamnunc video vidi visum terminus...

Re: Calling all hunters and peoples who are smart :P

[item]Thunderfury, Blessed blade of the windseeker[/item] heres some good hunter gear LOL

no but really :
    [item]Signet of the unseen path[/item]
    [item]Cloak of the unseen path[/item]
    [item]scythe of the unseen path[/item]
    [item]barb of the sand reaver[/item]
    [item]Huhuran's stinger[/item]
    /end wish list
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Is it just me, or is PvE raiding gear getting a little bit ridiculous...

Delirium Platoon Leader
      Fate Squad Leader
      All round fantastic dude

Comment

Heh. In order of appearance:

MC/BWL/Slithilus Quest
        AQ20 rep quest
        AQ20 rep quest
        AQ20 rep quest
        AQ40 quest
        AQ20 drop

So all those items are already in circulation and off topic.

Now to answer your question about stuff coming out in the patch and expansion...we don't know. Nothing hunterish has come out and, hell, they didn't even have the decency to show us the Cryptstalker stats or design like they did with the other tier 3 sets. In fact, the only information we have on the hunter tier 3 set is that its 'pretty neato' as mentioned by someone who went to E3 and saw it.

There are some facts that we can infer with the info us 'less privileged' people can get.

1) Our Naxrammas tier 3 drops will be called CRYPTSTALKER
        2) Cryptstalker will consist of 9 items with the addition of a ring to the set mechanics
        3) The set bonus for Cryptstalker will be designed for a mix of self help AND raid help since all the other tier 3 sets have bonuses that can proc to assist others in your raid group like +healing, expose weakness, vampiric healing, and +holy/totemic powers.
        4) There are 3 potentially useful items for hunters that drop off Kel'Thuzad who drops 16 items with 8 weapons. NONE of them are worth spending your DKP on if we ever get to Naxxrammas

Kel'Thuzad's Neck piece - +16 stam, +2% crit and +28AP. Hakkar's neck is similar without the +stam
        Kingsfall - Unique 73.1 DPS dagger. +16 agility, +1% crit, and +1% to hit. Rogues everywhere are in denial that a hunter needs this more than them
        The Hungering Cold - Unique 73.1 DPS sword. +40 ap. Not worth it with only +40 ap.

5) We WILL be able to advance to level 70 and there 'probably' will be new creatures in outworld to train and show off to everyone else. However the new creatures is an iffy concept. If you need the expansion set to go to outworld then it may be possible you'll need the expansion set to bring back your new pets. Thus making training and showing off in Ironforge impossible without encountering people without BC who possibly can't see your pet. Having a level 70 pet, however, will mean 50 more TP to spend on pet skills that are out classed/mostly cosmetic.

6) We'll be getting new talents and skills to follow the standard progression to level 70. This means more pet skills between 61-70 and more talents too boot. Its possible there will be a resulting talent review to expand our trees to that the skills in the 20 point position will be reshuffled so that tri-specs to get all 3 become impossible (think hunter with conterattack, intimidation, and scattershot for anti-melee goodness and know that blizzard would never allow it). OR it could possible mean that once you hit level 61 you progess into a brand new talent tree to spend your new found 10 points.

In other news: Paladins and Shamans everywhere are up in arms over their Redemption/Earthshatter set. Plenty of +stam and +intel without a spec of +strength on it. All the 'on equip' bonuses consist of +healing and +mana/5sec stats without any +crit or +damage. In other words, Blizzard has pretty much came down and said "Paladins and Shamans, lrn2healn00bs kthxbye". Shamans are more than a little miffed over the lack of even +damage/healing for their 'l33t' shocks because everyone knows what they want: FROSTSHOCK!
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

As far as seeing the new pets, People without Burning Crusade will be able to see them, Just like they'll be able to see the Dranei. They just won't be able to play them.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

WOw, everyone thank you for the info especially you Tarenth. Thats awesome, I dident know there were going to unleash new pets to tame. As far as the gear, that info was phenominal. I still haven't gotten back into the game yet, so its going to take longer then expected but from what you guys told me as far as the expansion im definitly going to pre-order now after that little bit of info you guys shared just because that little bit of info satisfies me. Now I know im being a pain in asking this but I feel theres people who woulden't mind telling me about this stuff so there more then welcome to share more info. As far as pets is there a site or link that would show them or show some of em that we will be able to tame and abilities? Or is there anyone who can tell me about them in general if they haven't released much info about the pets, just anything reguarding the pets to be tamed for future referance. Oh yeah and since the level cap has been raised do the pets get bigger as well since they gain more levels? Also its fine and dandy that the tier 3 hunter set is "neato" and all, its just I hope to god they actually make it look good as to other hunter sets we have all seen the colors well yeah suck or theres always an item that just makes the set look like crap. But yeah any more info reguarding any of this would be very much appreciated, thank you.
            Last edited by Xylas; 05-16-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

FYI. The new tier 3 sets have been released in all their questionable glory on the main community page for WoW.

And yes, Cryptstalker IS something to drool over! Of course, the graphic makes you look like some sorta bug, but I guess that's 'working as intended'.

It seems Blizzard has taken a completely different approach to how they built up the tier sets for their next tier. To review, lets look at a history:

Tier 0 - Beaststalker: Has plenty of what you want (agility and stamina) and some of what you really don't need (strength and spirit). Intelligence and resists are forgotten mostly. Then again, we scoffed intelligence before MC/Ony or BGs came out.
              Tier 0.5 - Beastmaster: Has more of what you want and a little extra, with all the extra stats trimed for intelligence. Something we found out we needed after going /OOM and using FD+drink during raids.
              Tier 1 - Giantstalker: Agility, stamina, and intelligence in spades. Pieces contain some +crit and +hit as well as some juicey resists.
              Tier 2 - Dragonstalker: More agility, more stamina, and more intelligence. More +crit and more +hit as well as the same resists. Think giantstalker...only bigger, badder, purpler, and better. This is the set where the amount of agility you get finally makes Lightning Reflexes worth the talents you spend in it and comparable to a MM build.
              Tier 3 - Cryptstalker: OMG THAT'S A LOT OF AGILITY!!! Stamina and intelligence have been kicked up as well, but the resists are now gone. Most pieces now contain +crit, +hit, +mana/sec, or some combination of the three. Its not a joke to say that wearing 2 pieces of Cryptstalker would put most of my Beaststalker pieces to crying shame. The difference is as drastic as wearing Twill instead of full Devout/Magister.

The new armor tier really sets into unquestionable lines the role each class has for running raids now.

Warriors...tank. Their set gets mostly stamina with some strength to make the +dodge, +block, +shield blocking, and +defense work better. No +crit and all of 1 +hit on the entire set.

Shamans and Paladings...lrn2heal kthxsbye. As mentioned before these sets have no strength, no +hit, no +crit, and no +spell damage at all. You see stamina, you see intelligence, you see +healing, and you see +mana/sec. Thats it.

Druids...no feral or balance for you! Stamina, intelligence, and spirit are your main stats killing feral which needs strength and agility. All the equip bonuses are +healing killing balance because there's no +damage or +hit/crit with spells anywhere.

Damage dealers (like hunters ^_^) get very nice boosts to stats we need. Although its questionable how mages are going to keep up with long fights with little spirit and no +mana/sec on their set pieces.

As for pets...no word. They'll probably be there and yet they might not be there. Its something that could happen and could not happen. Burning crusade will open a lot of areas, but the dominant theme seems to be undead and demons. Not things you'd see tamable by hunters.

On a side note, I remember a few weeks back while we were running AQ20 that someone said it would be interesting if an event forced a raid group to split up and act independently to complete an objective. Your wish has been granted! Descriptions of one of the boss fights in Naxx requires your 40 man raid to split up into two groups to tackle objectives. The examples given were that you'd be 'polarized' either negitive or positive the moment the event started. Your 40 man would then have to split up based on polarities to kill 2 subbosses before the giant main guy. If a negitive and positive character get too close together you'd experience a 'nasty shock' and add power to the main guy waiting in the wings.

If they expand on this twisted new idea has yet to be seen. Man, it'd be a 'bad day' to have all your healers an opposite charge of your tanks.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
                Man, it'd be a 'bad day' to have all your healers an opposite charge of your tanks.
                Don't even think it...yecchhh!:row__639:

RE: Tier 3

I don't want to sound like a curmudgeon, but I may NEVER see Tier 3 gear so we might as well fantasize about sprouting wings or having a death ray. LOL!

Right now, it's hard enough getting Tier 1 (Might for Warrior). While that seems within reach, Tier 2 (Wrath) is still a long, long way off (BWL !!!). If we keep on track, we'll get there, but that's far enough down the road that it doesn't consume much of my thinking energy
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep
                  I don't want to sound like a curmudgeon, but I may NEVER see Tier 3 gear so we might as well fantasize about sprouting wings or having a death ray. LOL!
                  I humbly request that everyone learn engineering and go gnomish engineer. Then I want there to be a time in Molten Core where 1 warrior tanks (they can be goblin for the cables) and the 39 other people in the raid pull out their Gnomish Death Ray and blast the mob. Screen shot and post it. ;)

Comment

I humbly request that everyone learn engineering and go gnomish engineer. Then I want there to be a time in Molten Core where 1 warrior tanks (they can be goblin for the cables) and the 39 other people in the raid pull out their Gnomish Death Ray and blast the mob. Screen shot and post it. ;)
                    ROFL!! Now THAT would be a screenshot for the ages!:icon_cool
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Druids...no feral or balance for you! Stamina, intelligence, and spirit are your main stats killing feral which needs strength and agility. All the equip bonuses are +healing killing balance because there's no +damage or +hit/crit with spells anywhere.

Actually being feral at one time and still feral at heart. The stamina is what Bear Druids need so it is still decent for tank druids but yeah emo sad for the no feral love.
                      Balance Actually is prettty much the same gear as resto save they want plus damage reather than plus healing
                      Kemotaha

Comment

Guys thank you once again for the information. I really appreciate all the stuff you guys filled me in on and thank you im going to check out the crypstalker set a.s.a.p. Its cool how they upgraded all that stuff. It sucks theres no word on the pets I mean ive got a general idea from what some people have told me already but none the less that would be a good add to the expansion ;-) I cant wait to get back in I should be there soon enough I keep getting held back with other financial problems but we all know how that goes but once im back I am not leaving. Yours truely, Xylas a.k.a. Armon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X