Evolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution

I know that not everyone haunts the forums like me, but I want to share a perspective on our guild's progress.

1. We're getting bigger and better. Did you note that we are actually "full" on certain classes and only recruiting for some? Wow!!!:icon_eek: Our goal is to be able to mount our own 40 man raids with only TG members. We're getting close!

2. Class limits. Each class leader consults with the guild leadership to determine class limits and needs. If our members play often/regularly and can be counted on to attend events in their entirety, then that class needs fewer members. This really means that while we have class limits (applicable to level 60's), we also try to allow for up-and-coming guild members, special situations (e.g. spouses)...but overall, we want to provide every member a chance to participate in our end-game raiding. That means we will not be accepting otherwise qualified new members IF their class is full. This is a big shift from our historic "all are welcome" mode. We have to make this change to be fair to our current members who want to go along on our end-game raids.

3. Guild preference for raids. I love the fact that we have good friends who like to raid with us. It helps us fill our raids and give us a chance to get to know some delightful people. BUT...as we bulk up our guild, we will be forced to give preference in raid signups to guild members. We want to be fair and even-handed about this, but there are advantages to being a guild member.

4. Filling raid signups. We try to be fair about this, but until we are doing our own 40 man raids, we will have some guild members who will be queued for a raid. If you want to go on a raid...even if your class is "full"...sign on for the queue and be in game, ready to go at the raid invite time. We almost always need bodies (no shows, etc happen), so be there or miss your chance. You will be seeing TG's share of our MC raids increasing over time (20 last week; 25 this week), so there will be more chances for you to participate. We're at a stage where we can oversubscribe 20 man raids, but can't yet reliably fill a 40 man raid. It's coming, but we're not there yet. The more we show interest and dedication, the faster we can make this all TG.

5. Success in raids. We're getting better. We are one-shotting most instance bosses where we've had a chance to practice. We're improving our overall skills and gear status. We're learning the new encounters. I'm pumped!

6. Small steps. Beep (as your main tank) has reached new heights of Fire Resists (276 unbuffed) with the help of the guild for materials to craft Dark Iron Armor and Manny's dedication as Master Armorsmith. This means that encounters with Baron Geddon and Golemagg are actually survivable now with a tank whose armor lets the healers keep up with the damage. For example, Baron Geddon's fire pulses do 2,000+ damage per pulse. With FR gear on, Beep mitigates from half to three quarters of this so that healers aren't overwhelmed.

7. More to do. We've got many new members, and although many are level 60, not all have the gear they need or want for successful end-game raiding. Almost everyone should be working on their Tier 0 or Tier.5 set pieces, and that means lots of runs to BRD/LBRS/UBRS/Strat/Scholo with occasional forays into Dire Maul. Those of you who don't need the gear know who you are, so gratz on your hard work! We've got plenty to stay busy with outside of our 20-40 man raids. You need to do your homework, reading and researching to figure out what drops where and organize groups to get your gear.

I'm excited at what I see happening in TG. You ALL are making it happen. I'm excited to be a part of this guild!!
    Last edited by beep; 05-18-2006, 12:13 PM.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Evolution

Hoorah, Beep! Tg is doing an awesome job in its progress. Keep it up!

Comment

Do "class limits" apply to all levels or just to 60's or very high levels who are raiding? If the former, then I'd like to volunteer to give up my seat, so someone more aggressively pursuing end game can have it.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
        Do "class limits" apply to all levels or just to 60's or very high levels who are raiding? If the former, then I'd like to volunteer to give up my seat, so someone more aggressively pursuing end game can have it.
        Class limits are applied to level 60 Main characters.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

AND.. if you're a low level toon coming up, no, we're not going to kick you out of the guild, or ask you to leave.

If you're in the TG guild, It's cause that's where you want to be, and we aren't going to remove you due to some stupid thing like having to many hunters. Sure, if you get to 60 and want to pursue endgame, we'll have to learn to juggle, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Originally posted by Manetheren
            AND.. if you're a low level toon coming up, no, we're not going to kick you out of the guild, or ask you to leave.

If you're in the TG guild, It's cause that's where you want to be, and we aren't going to remove you due to some stupid thing like having to many hunters. Sure, if you get to 60 and want to pursue endgame, we'll have to learn to juggle, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Or you can just roll a pally...Any Noob can take a Pally to 60 ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X