BoE DKP issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoE DKP issue

Last night a felheart belt dropped, which is BoE, and nobody wanted it. The solution to this, as with any other epic that dropped and nobody wanted, was to DE it. I think this was a tremendous waste.

I have some suggestions for future BoE epics. If nobody of the peferred class needs these items, why not make them available for bid to the entire raid? The 800 gold that item would have gone for in the AH would have nicely equipped somebody, just as a peice of their set armor would. Or even allowed for purchase of an epic mount. I'd use some DKP for that. Option 2 - Let the guild sell it. The 800g would buy many more nexus crystals than the 2 that were DIed from it. Or Option 3 - keep it in the guild bank for somebody not in the raid to bid on later. Some people have trouble making our raid times, but may want epic gear for those occasions when they can make it.

Just some Ideas.
    Anahlahna and Friends

Re: BoE DKP issue

Agreed.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Deing a BoE is never good. It should either be given to someone that could use it, sell it for guild money, or even trade it for other needed BoE's. Just my two cents : )
      Thunderhorn:
      70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
      70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
      70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
      70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
      70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
      70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
      70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
      Gilneas:
      50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

My 2 cents:

First cent) ALL BoE green and blue items are the property of the guild. If the run is done in cooperation with another guild then the item is lottoed off between the two guilds and awarded for the guild to do with as deemed fit.

Honestly, we don't roll through ZG or MC for green loot and the absence of which won't be missed. Such items can be banked and issued if there is interest or sold/DEed for the guild.

Second cent) 2 new participants to raids are added to the DKP site: TGBank and TGDisenchant.

If a BoE epic (like a bracer, belt, or general epic) is not needed by anyone in the raid then it is awarded to the bank. The DKP would be deducted from TGBank and awarded to all members of the raid. If someone would like to take the item out of the bank, then they must forefit points equal to the value of the item while still remaining in the positive. This requisition is done by a standard bank transaction. If the item is not procured within X amount of time it is sold for guild funds.

If a BoP epic is not needed by anyone in the raid then it is awarded to TGDisenchant. The DKP value of the item is then subtracted from TGDisenchant and awarded to all members of the raid at time of acquisition. The shards are then rolled off between dominant guilds of the raid and banked with the winner.

What does this accomplish? Everyone gets credit for being present when the item was picked up. A record is kept of what was banked and what was disenchanted so we have documentation of what people actually wanted and were willing to give up in case we feel like adjusting DKP points on items. BoE epics can be picked up by people of the appropriate class even if they were not present in the raid by buying it off the bank. By requiring the purchase outside the raid not have the person go into the negitive it insures that they have participated enough to warrent the item and they're not going to just ninja and run. Lastly, if people find they have nothing else they want to spend their DKP on and still run raids then they can buy BoE epics from the bank (after a certain amount of time) and sell them for personal gain or to gear up alts.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'm not going to have two accounts on the DKP site that buy crap nobody else can or will. They become a never ending hole that spits out dkp for the raiders. Eventually the overall sum of the players in a raid no longer remains 0, but 2, 3, 4, and so on.

Not trying to shoot down your idea, but I had thought of it during the process of finding a system for TG, and vowed never to have a sink hole like that.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I really like your options that you mentioned Vinzalf. I think at the time of the raid those options be worked through in that order.

This is a great problem to have and this is not a problem that we had experienced a month ago. It kinda states where we are in endgame... *smile*

Comment

I thought it was a good idea or at least for the tgdisenchant.. That way if the epics drop and had to be disenchanted we would still get credit for it because what happens when all classes start getting all the set pieces and we have to disenchant most of what we get?

Is there another guild who uses this system of dkp? Because I would like to find a system where we can reward for being early and so on and with this has to be on zero I dont think this system can do that..
              Candrice 63 Warrior
              Ricca 70 Rogue
              Machelle 70 Mage
              Enya 74 Druid

Comment

You guys DEed a BOE epic.......

>faint from the Horror of it<

seriously!? why!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kossi
                  You guys DEed a BOE epic.......

>faint from the Horror of it<

seriously!? why!?!
                  :) 'cause no one was willing use DKP for it. The Nexus Crystal that resulted goes to the guild bank. As much of shock as it is, we'll eventually see more and more of this as people gear up. It's debatable as to whether we'd be better off with the Nexus Crystal or the sale of the item at the AH. Personally, I prefer the gold that could buy more crystals than the one from DE.
                  Last edited by beep; 05-23-2006, 12:02 PM.
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Personally the guild as a whole would be better selling BoE's on the AH or even looking for guilds to trade BoE items with and get something someone in the guild can use. The Nexus Crystal from a BoE just isn't worth it.
                    Thunderhorn:
                    70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
                    70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
                    70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
                    70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
                    70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
                    70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
                    70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
                    Gilneas:
                    50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Not my DKP system..... and i dont really know how it works for you guys.....

but that just seems outragously silly!

and a reason im against the "prices" system..... why not just bid what you would pay for something.... if no one else needs it why not send it to your guild bank and make a sticky "Bracers for sale" why DE when you need to gear people up!

DKP works if everyone supports it, so if it's working for you thats cool.... but it seems wasteful.

Comment

It's working for us.

Thank you for your reactions.:)
                        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep
                          It's working for us.

Thank you for your reactions.:)

Hawt stuff!

kisses, hug, and all that mushy crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Kossi
                            Hawt stuff!

kisses, hug, and all that mushy crap!
                            I love it that you and Alava continue to hang around and participate in our forums, even though it's really ironic that you are responding to something (DKP) that's truly a guild-only phenomenon.

Hugs to you both!!:row__523:
                            Beep

Comment

That was a waste to de a boe that we couldve taken it and sold it on ah and then bought 5 to 6 nexus crystals from the sale...Or save it for a guildie who needed it...We should NEVER de a Boe item...
                              Last edited by Ricca; 05-23-2006, 02:20 PM.
                              Candrice 63 Warrior
                              Ricca 70 Rogue
                              Machelle 70 Mage
                              Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed