Uber Pally Damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uber Pally Damage

Posting a link to a screenshot I took during one of our venoxis takedowns. Proof pallies can damage! 1029 melee crit! No battleshout or crusader proc buffs either :)

Further, take a look at my UI. This is one of the reasons I don't really enjoy leading boss fights. In MC I have groups 5-8 above the 4 you see there, and that's like 60% coverage of my UI.

So yeah, in the next week I will be experimenting with UI mods. Suggestions are welcomed :)

http://www.ejgonline.org/LI/high_crit.gif
    Last edited by Arkamis; 05-22-2006, 11:00 PM. Reason: forgot link

Re: Uber Pally Damage

I scoff at your measly pally crit.

SCOFF I SAY!

:)

Comment

Err...wait a sec. 1029 crit damage in melee is high? Then where do my 1200 raptor strike crits with my Iced Barbed Spear rank? I'm so confused...
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Your UI is messy....... my suggestion is CTmod (CTmod.net is where you can find it) You can get rid of basically any bar you want, and for Pallies.... go to Curse-Gaming.com and look up HolyHope...... it's a small moveable mod that has all of your 5min buffs, 15min buffs, your hearthstone and BoF on it. (it also shows a number of how many SoK's you have on you) but it all shows up in a small, round, moveable mod..... then you can take down some of your side bars...... let me see if i can figure out how to post a pic of my UI for you......

Comment

Well, I'm clueless on the ins and outs of raiding...but it is clear you have a busy UI to say the least.

If you absolutley need all the content you have in all situations, then you might try scaling down the UI with Titan or similar. This will make it a little harder on the eyes, perhaps, but you will create more space for the sacrifice.

I'm experimenting with Flexbars and scripts to create a dynamic UI that changes based on my current situation. This allows for some content to be hidden at certain times and thus creates more room. That said, my current understanding of complicated is when Apo and I, run into something that takes longer than 10 seconds to kill, lol.

I have been using and experimenting with Paladin Assistant and Click Heal for the pally specific stuff. I've not yet found the perfect mix or proven to myself by scrubbing the LUA code that the logic in either fits what I want. But that will take time for me to figure. A good example occured last night, when I allowed Apo to get waxed by not understanding that Paladin Assitant defaulted to Flash of Light when a toon went below 10% health. Here I am flashing away wondering why my heals aren't making any headway. Well, I never got him above 10% health so the Holy Light didn't fire. Such a noob. Sorry, again, about that Apo!!!

I hear that alot of the experienced Pallys do things manually and don't utilize these addons or other macos/scripts. I for one, would love to hear what the thoughts and best practices are for each of our experienced Pallys with regards to UI, macros, and actions during the fight. I'm constantly in a state of change trying to sort the UI out. It would be nice to bring that to comfortable slow-down and begin to enjoy just playing again...lol.

Good luck, Arkamis, please let us know what your derive in your experiment and grats on the damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre Six
            I'm experimenting with Flexbars and scripts to create a dynamic UI that changes based on my current situation.
            I had a very hard time with Flexbars..... and when i finally understood it, it still seemed too complicated for the want i wanted to play. Also... in the flexbar pally fourms i never really found one that i thought looked good and was useful....... but im shy about my UI..... :)

If you find something cool that works let me know :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
              Err...wait a sec. 1029 crit damage in melee is high? Then where do my 1200 raptor strike crits with my Iced Barbed Spear rank? I'm so confused...

>cry< hunters pwnt my damage meter!

Comment

Originally posted by Kossi
                If you find something cool that works let me know :)
                Nope. I didn't find any of the pally UIs on the Flexbar forums appealing. Some of the scripting and logic is informative. Some of the other classes are covered better. I'm basically trying things out from scratch. I can see it being to complicated for the return on investment though.

Comment

If i have any suggestion to pallies..... try HolyHope.... or at least go look up the screen shots of it - it frees up 12 spaces on your hotbars :)

and CTmod is a good place to start if you want to change around your UI (and not have to put in too much work)

Comment

Other UI mods that may be worth looking at...I'm definately checking out HolyHope tonight:

Bars:
                    1. Flexbar #1
                    2. Discord Action Bars (DAB)
                    3. Bongos
                    4. CT

Unit Frames:
                    1. Discord Unit Frames (DUF)
                    2. Perl Unit Frames

Buff Display:
                    1. Satrina Buff Frame
                    2. CT
                    3. DUF will do this for you.

General:
                    1. MoveAnything
                    2. Titan
                    3. ItemRack
                    4. Discord Art

Healing/Blessing etc.
                    1. Decursive...must have
                    2. BuffAhoy
                    3. Paladin Assistant (maybe overboard)
                    4. BeneCast
                    5. GroupHeal
                    6. Click Heal
                    7. Group Buttons (Discord genre)

Flexbar and Discord have conditional/event driven actions that seperate them from the pack.

Show this bar is someone neads help...show this one if I'm riding my horse...show this one if the wind is blowing from the northwest and my two-handed scissors of healing power are equipped...etc. So your screen could be empty at most times and as busy as you like it to be on other occasions depending on the situation.

They also can float an individual button instead of the 6-12 button bars the others restrict you to. I like that alot.

The drawback is that there is a learning curve. Discord is less flexible (IMO, tho debateable I suppose) but at least has a operative GUI to guide you.

Flexbar...well...you need to have some time and energy to sit down with a Dr. Pepper and sort it all out, but some of us dig that and some of us don't.

I'm also interesting to hear how many hotkeyers we have versus screenclickers.

Comment

altho my melee crit max is only just over 1100, my ranged crit (last weekend in A.V. against a mage(poor thing) was 3102, can someone say 'one hit wonder') =D