Thorium Brotherhood and You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorium Brotherhood and You

You know, those dwarves perpetually covered in soot at Thorium Point? Everyone knows they need rep with them and they provide you with some sweet profession items to help make runs through MC a little less painful due to the number of FR on them.

You start off at neutral and should actually start working on your rep between 46-54. Trying after that makes the process more painful than it has to be as the 7 quests drop in rep value from 100 to 10.

If you're at least a 250 blacksmith at level 50 you can do the imperial plate quests in Gadgetzan for crap loads of Thorium bars (270 in all). However, you should probably hold off on doing these until you hit honored because the road to revered is very very costly.

Anyhow, after the quest "What the Flux?" which requires you to slaughter some 52ish elites down below, you start 'the grind'. Really though, this isn't like Timbermaw rep where you slaughter countless number of mobs. You just have to pay money out both ends to get rep here.

At level 46 if you finished "What the Flux?" you get a repeatable quest called "Restoring Fiery Flux Supplies" that can be completed for 25 rep untill you hit friendly. 27 if you're human, but I'm not even going to bother doing the +10% calculations they get from diplomacy.

For the grind to Friendly you need 240 [item]Incendosaur Scale[/item], 120 [item]Coal[/item], and your choice of 480 [item]Iron Bar[/item] 480 [item]Kingsblood[/item] or 1200 [item]Heavy Leather[/item]. This is the reason why Iron and Kingsblood can go for up to 10g a stack.

At level 48 and Friendly you can get upgraded to a MUCH easier quest on the road to honored called "Gaining Acceptance". This can be completed by turning in an item comonly found in BRD for 25 rep each turnin.

For the grind to Honored you need 960 [item]Dark Iron Residue[/item]. That's it. The pain here is less to your purse and more to your poor finger as you make the 240 individual turnins, usually all at once. If you're curious [item]Dark Iron Residue[/item] drops off every mob in BRD at a rate of 1-10. It stacks to 100 and can be vendored for 1 copper each for a rate of 1 gold per stack. Prices on the AH also range from 1.5g-5g so this turnin should not set you back more than 20g total if you buy smart.

That's it. You're stuck with Honored until you hit level 60. In fact, everyone except farmers (combination of skinning/mining/herbalism professions) and engineers should be honored by the time they hit 60. Then you have the really hard stuff for the road to revered and exaulted.

At level 60 there are 5 repeatable quests in the bar of BRD that can net you 50/150/200 rep point each turn in.
    • 10 [item]Dark Iron Ore[/item] for 50 rep
    • 2 [item]Core Leather[/item] for 150 rep
    • 1 [item]Fiery Core[/item] for 200 rep
    • 1 [item]Lava Core[/item] for 200 rep
    • 1 [item]Blood of the Mountain[/item] for 200 rep

Now for the really REALLY fun parts.

If you are trying to get rep with [item]Dark Iron Ore[/item] then nonhumans need 2400 to go from Honored to Revered and 4200 to go from Revered to Exaulted or a total of 6600 for Honored to Exaulted. Humans need 2190 to go from Honored to Revered and 3820 to go from Revered to Exaulted or a total of 6000.

If you are trying to get rep with [item]Core Leather[/item] then nonhumans need 160 to go from Honored to Revered and 280 to go from Revered to Exaulted or 440 for Honored to Exaulted. Humans need 146 to go from Honored to Revered and 256 to go from Revered to Exaulted or 400 for Honored to Exaulted.

If you are trying to get rep with [item]Fiery Core[/item], [item]Lava Core[/item], or [item]Blood of the Mountain[/item] then nonhumans need 60 to go from Honored to Revered and 105 to go from Revered to Exaulted or 165 for Honored to Exaulted. Humans need 55 to go from Honored to Revered and 96 to go from Revered to Exaulted or 150 for Honored to Exaulted.

If you didn't know [item]Dark Iron Ore[/item] is mined off Dark Iron Deposits in Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Blackrock Mountain, and Molten core. [item]Core Leather[/item] is skinned off the Ancient Core Hounds in Molten Core by a 310 skinner for 1 each and Magmadar for 2. Once you kill Magmadar you can no longer farm for the leather because the hounds stop spawning. [item]Fiery Core[/item] and [item]Lava Core[/item] are uncommon drops from the trash mobs in MC. Typically we see 2-5 of each per night if we hit 3 bosses when we go to MC. [item]Blood of the Mountain[/item] is a rare drop from mobs in MC and a gem found as frequently off Dark Iron Deposits as Arcane Crystals are found off Large Thorium Deposits.

Is the rep grind for Thorium Brotherhood worth it for you?

Alchemists get [item]Recipe: Transmute Elemental Fire[/item] at Firendly and nothing else. Since a [item]Heart of Fire[/item] sells for 2g usually on the AH and [item]Elemental Fire[/item] for 1.5-2g then it can be quite profitable to transmute them for sale on the AH since the it only trigers a 24 hour cooldown.

Armorsmiths can make [item]Dark Iron Bracers[/item] at Friendly. [item]Dark Iron Helm[/item] and [item]Fiery Chain Girdle[/item] at Honored. [item]Dark Iron Gauntlets[/item], [item]Dark Iron Leggings[/item], and [item]Fiery Chain Shoulders[/item] at Revered. [item]Dark Iron Boots[/item] at Exaulted. It is suggested that at least 1 Armorsmith in the guild be at Exaulted in order to crank out Dark Iron gear for the warriors and Paladins.

Weaponsmiths can make [item]Black Amnesty[/item] and [item]Blackfury[/item] at Revered. Swordsmiths can make [item]Dark Iron Reaver[/item] at Honored and [item]Blackguard[/item] at Exaulted. Axesmiths can make [item]Dark Iron Destroyer[/item] at Honored and [item]Nightfall[/item] at Exaulted. Hammersmiths can make [item]Ebon Hand[/item] at Exaulted only. The viability of getting weaponsmiths and the three specialities past honored in rep is questionable and up to the individual guild.

ALL blacksmiths can make [item]Sulfuron Hammer[/item] regardless of rep if they take a [item]Sulfuron Ingot[/item] to the rep NPC in the bar of BRD. That hammer can then be combined with the [item]Eye of Sulfuras[/item] to make the ever lootlink popular [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item].

Enchanters can get [item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Strength[/item] at Friendly. [item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spirit[/item] at Honored. [item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect[/item] at Revered. It is suggested at at least 2 enchanters be raised to Revered so that the +22 intel enchant can be given to casters.

Leatherworkers can make [item]Lava Belt[/item] at Honored.
    Elemental Leatherworkers can make [item]Molten Helm[/item] at Friendly and [item]Molten Belt[/item] at Revered.
    Tribal Leatherworkers can make [item]Corehound Boots[/item] at Friendly and [item]Corehound Belt[/item] at Revered.
    Dragonscale Leatherworkers can make [item]Black Dragonscale Boots[/item] at Honored and [item]Chromatic Gauntlets[/item] at Revered. It is suggested that 1 of Elemental and Tribal be risen to Revered in order to gear rogues and druids up for MC. Dragonscale can be left at honored because it is questionable how useful the revered pattern is.

Tailors can make [item]Flarecore Gloves[/item] at Friendly. [item]Flarecore Mantle[/item] and [item]Flarecore Robe[/item] at Honored. [item]Flarecore Leggings[/item] at Revered. It is suggested that 2 tailors be rised to Revered in order to outfit the priests, mages, and warlocks in FR gear. Preference to tailor/enchanters in order to kill 2 birds with 1 lump of dark iron.

Armorsmiths -> Exaulted
    Weaponsmiths -> Honored (guild preference on higher)
    Elemental Leatherworkers -> Revered
    Tribal Leatherworkers -> Revered
    Dragonscale Leatherworkers -> Honored (guild preference on higher)
    Tailors -> Revered
    Enchanters -> Revered
    Alchemists -> Honored
    Last edited by orion808; 05-24-2006, 01:58 PM.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Thorium Brotherhood and You

Many minutes (32 to be exact) were killed to bring you this information. Yes I typed the entire thing. I also stole the information from Wowwiki and just translated it here.

Many thanks to Crebis who showed me how to use the [item] tag to link stuff. It makes my posts oh so much purtier.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Thankyou very much Tarenth. I am starting this grind as soon as i finish leveling to Master Armorsmith. This will be very useful.

Comment

ok .. another silly question.. which reps do I want to get to revered in all? And are there any I may have mistakenly helped along the way that I need to get hating me?
        ... It's not that I don't like you, it's just that I like stepping on things....

Comment

Originally posted by Anise
          ok .. another silly question.. which reps do I want to get to revered in all? And are there any I may have mistakenly helped along the way that I need to get hating me?
          There's no real need to worry much about rep until you reach the mid-50's level-wise, IMO. You'll gain rep with Stormwind, Darnassus, etc. during the normal course of leveling.

There are crafting/professional recipes that are helpful with improved reputation plus access to better food/drink and other items. Among the common ones you'll eventually want are Argent Dawn, Cenarion Hold, Zandalarian Tribes, Timbermaw Furbolgs.

Getting to revered is NOT needed unless you aim to top out in your available profession crafting recipes. It is almost always time-consuming and expensive and may not be worth it. Getting high end reputation with Thorium Brotherhood, for example, is so expensive that usually only one person in a guild gets all the way up...and even then usually only with guild help. It's just not worth it to have multiple people paying the price for rep.
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Ayep. You want to aim for at LEAST honored with Darnassus, Ironforge, and Stormwind in order to get the 10% discount from flight path, trainers, and vendors. For that matter, you also may want to keep a PvP rank of Master Sergeant or higher for the extra 10% discount given to all alliance faction. Getting revered with the major cities net you...nothing. Zip zero nadda. Getting to exaulted via [item]Runecloth[/item] and event turnins will allow you to buy and train for riding mounts avalible to other races.

Timbermaw is probably the only reputation faction that you have to watch out for. This is because you CAN kill the furbols in Azuras and Felwood to drop your rep to really low levels. The only way to get your rep up is to kill the nontimbermaw furbols in Winterspring and Felwood. At 5 rep per kill (15 for boss spawns) it is a long and tedius grind. The rewards are mostly enchants (the ever popular +25 agility for 2 handers at friendly and +15 agility for all weapons at honored) and tailor/leatherworking. However, the rewards are so slight that most people just ignore this and get just enough rep form the quest to not get ganked by the mobs on the path to Moonglade and Winterspring.

Thorium Brotherhood is the subject of the first post. Its a crafting/profession based faction that takes, like Beep mentioned, a CRAPLOAD of mats to turn in. Its very expensive and very beneficial in some cases. But most of the time a crafter is designated by the guild and brought up with mats farmed from MC for the benefit of the guild. Once that's done just pester some of the officers for extra mats that we pick up in MC to get your rep up, but it IS NOT a priority. You could work on it yourself, but you'll be shelling out gold both ways.

Zandalar Tribe has some nice food, profession, and enchants with them. However, you will get rep at a steady rate to Revered just by doing Zul'Gurub so you don't need to worry about it. Unless, of course, you go on a killing spree and mark them as 'At War' and try to wipe out the island...I don't suggest that though. After you hit Revered you need to burn Bijous and Coins for rep tokens to turn in to get to Exaulted. At exaulted to get shoulder enchants, so its up to you if you want to do it. There WILL be plenty of coins and bijous laying around because the use of them has been pretty much limited to rep purposes since the quest turnins will no longer require them after patch 1.11. You get a free green class specific neck piece at friendly (with 100 rep for doing the 'talk to me' quest), an improved green neck piece at honored (another 100 rep for another quest), a blue neck piece at revered (yet another quest for rep), and an epic neck at exaulted. At friendly you can also pick up class specific enchants from a mob between the Tiger and Raptor bosses at the top of the high temple stairs using voodoo dolls.

Cenarion Circle is the faction for AQ20 and AQ40 and have some very nice Nature Resist gear for those instances. You'll probably want to work a little bit on this on your own because you can gain some rep by turning in faction items in Silithus and killing the Twilight Cultists there. Getting higher rep will allow you to do the AQ rep quests (similar to the ZG rep quests) for nifty class specific items in addition to getting the profession patterns and formulas awarded with rep. Higher rep will also unlock the quests needed to get the items for summoning Dukes and higher elementals from the windstones. These will, in turn, allow you to get some pretty decent loot from the kills as well as more rep turnins. You do get rep for killing mobs in AQ20 and AQ40, but we do AQ so rarely you may need to farm some on your own to keep up with the drops we get there for the rep quest.

Argent Dawn you want to get to at LEAST Honored with a preference on hitting Revered. At honored you can start your Naxx attunement (optional, but something to do if you want) and at revered you get some veyr nice +resist enchants for your shoulders. This is actually pretty easy to rep up. Killing nonelite undead in WPL and EPL will net you 5 rep until you hit Friendly. Kill elite undead in Strat or Scholo will net you 5 rep until you hit Honored. After that you can turn in 20 minon Scourgestones, 10 invader stones, or 1 corruptor stone for a token to get 25 rep and then burn the token for another 25 rep. Minon stones are off undead mobs level 57 and lower and invader stones can be picked up off elite mobs 55 and higher or normal mobs 56 and higher. Corruptor stones are found on and rare spawn and bosses you may see in Strat and Scholo. You also get 25-50 rep for killing each of the bosses in scholo and strat.

The last rep faction is the Brood which you 'theoretically' want to get to neutral or higher. You start off at hated (lowest rank) and get 33 rep for killing bosses in AQ20 (which we hardly do) and 200 rep for killing trash in AQ40. You also can get rep for doing the quests, but the 2nd quest in the line requires a run to BWL for deputization and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Anyhow, getting to neutral will net you a nice epic ring with improvements at firendly, honored, revered, and exaulted. You also open up the AQ40 gear quests.

It slipped my mind, but there are also the Hydraxian Waterlords in Azsura that you want to work on till you hit Honored. They're about 7 mobs located in the middle of nowhere in Azsura (seriously, they're in the boonies just north of the waterbased flight pad...yes there is a flight pad) that you talk to get quests that run you all over the place. At honored you get a quest to kill the salamander bosses in MC and return their hands for a nice blue ring with decent stats and +FR so its well worth doing. You also get an item needed to douse the 7 runes of the firelord so you should start the quest and try to finish it ASAP. You get 20 rep for killing the Emberseer in UBRS, 5 rep for killing air elementals in Silthus, and 20 rep per trash mob in MC with 100 rep per boss. Rag probably gives you a crapload of rep as well, but we have yet to one shot him.

After patch 1.11 goes live there will be epic +frost resist gear patterns avalible with Argent Dawn at revered and exaulted and more +frost gear with the Waterlords at revered. There will also be the epic caster staff quest at Light's Hope Chapel that may require a certain rep to start, but details are sketchy.
            Last edited by Tarenth; 05-24-2006, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Wow, Tarenth. Nice work!

I've been working on Thorium Rep. for a while now, trying to get the +22 int enchant. I've gotten at least to the point in my tailoring where I can make [item]Flarecore Robe[/item] and [item]Flarecore Gloves[/item] but I assume we'll be waiting to get the main tanks all MC-set before we start decking out the clothies in FR too. But my main goal is to get Revered with Thorium Bros. for the int. enchant, then maybe I'll be dubbed ultra-supreme-guild-enchantress. :)

EDIT:
              Originally posted by Tarenth
              It slipped my mind, but there are also the Hydraxian Waterlords in Azsura that you want to work on till you hit Honored.

There's also a bunch of air elementals in NW Silithus that give Hydraxian Waterlord rep. I was Honored with them before I ever hit MC, and made Revered in no time. Plus they drop [item]Essence of Air[/item] which used to sell for a nice amount, ... not so much now, but they drop greens and other things as well. It's a worthy investment of time to up your HW rep, that way you can be that much closer to your [item]Aqual Quintessence[/item]. (stupid link)

Comment

alright... ban tarenth before he makes us all look bad