• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderhorn latency issues

Just saw this in Blizzard's forums:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...pport&t=890876
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Thunderhorn latency issues

More of the same...BLA BLA BLA

Never can get a blue to admit to anything.

Comment

a blue?
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

you know...a blue...all the mods have blue text. Just look for the posts that read like a politician. Lot's of words and they aren't saying anything.

Comment

I generally hate the Blizzard forums as the software is so brain-dead. No email notification of replies. Search sucks. If you want to find your old thread or see if someone replied to it, forget it unless you camp the forum.

I was there only to beg for raising the 10 channel chat limit, and to fix the "You can only be in 10 channels" spam if you switch zones and an 11th channel comes up.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I like that the blue is actually giving us a step to resolve the issue. Do a tracert when the server spikes, and report back with that info. Seems to me that they're being rather reasonable. I suggest we take the time to track when the server spikes, as well as our tracert when it spikes and report it back. This problem may be fixable.

Comment

tracert (or traceroute under Linux) takes a single snapshot and works one router at a time. For me, that sucks because the first couple of routers don't respond and I may not see the later routers' times until the issue has passed.

A realtime traceroute that checks all routers in parallel is nice. If you run Linux on your LAN (as I do) run mtr (Matt's traceroute) continuously. (This comes with Fedora. No need to hunt it down elsewhere.) When the problem hits, take a screenshot of the mtr session. Screenshots:

http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/screenshots.html

Comment

Okay. I get what a tracert is. The rest of that looked more like a car crash in words.

*points to Apophis*

He gets it!

Comment

A little off topic but if you want to find one of your old threads then post some nonsense somewhere with a one liner on one of the current 'hot topics'. Then go back and use the 'view all posts by this poster' option under your character picture. You can see all posts you've made that are currently on the board and any strings you have posted to.
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I learned LISP once. Ever since, I'm cursed with speaking parenthetically, sometimes recursively so. :p

(LISP is supposed to stand for List Processing, but real LISP programmers know that it stands for Lots of Idiotic Stupid Parentheses.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
                      A little off topic but if you want to find one of your old threads then post some nonsense somewhere with a one liner on one of the current 'hot topics'. Then go back and use the 'view all posts by this poster' option under your character picture. You can see all posts you've made that are currently on the board and any strings you have posted to.
                      Great tip! I guess if I reply to a sticky, I don't need to repeat this more than once, either! I just have to find a sticky that lets me say something reasonably inane and still be on topic. On Blizzard's forums, that can't be hard! :p

Comment

You can also use Google to search the WoW forums by prepending a site: search paramater. Whenever a site's search facility sucks, I tend to use Google to search.

IE: "site:forums.worldofwarcraft.com evanm"
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

It's just my $.02

But it seems to me that Blizzard is very interested in troubleshooting the issue. They seem to require data that a typical WoW user is not capable of providing. Now, I would think (hope) that a tech-savvy WoW player would seek the challenge to help Blizzard.. even 'snow them in' with data to help solve the problem.

Imagine how valuable it would be to them, if there IS a real problem with Blizzard software or equipment, if they got monitoring data from 10, 20, even 30 players experiencing the same event at the same time! I wonder if a guild could take time to focus on such a task if the issue really is a problem?

Almost makes me want to reactivate my account to see how I can help. :)
                          sigpic

Comment

u played wow? class? level? server?