No announcement yet.

What classes Need Fire Resist when.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What classes Need Fire Resist when.....

My experience with what Fire Resistance is needed by what class goes as follows.

1) Get all of your tanks fully decked in Dark Iron since they will always be up front.
    2) The next class that really needs Fire Resistance is the Rogues. Since they are up front a whole bunch too. Silly rogues
    3) Next are some of the cloth classes. Usually Priest and Mages need FR more so then locks cause locks have varying ways to increase there resistance and you need the priest to stay alive in order to keep the tanks alive.
    4) The last three classes that need FR are the druids/paladins then Hunters, if you want to you could put the druids with the priest since they are healing too, but since hunters are mostly at range they don't need as much FR, but they can get 3 out of the 4 black dragonscale pieces easily enough.

The reason why this is an idea order is because tanks will need as much FR for tanking Geddon, the 4 packs and of course Ragnaros. Then after all tanks our geared rogues come next for the same reason....they are up in the action. After that is just becomes what is more important of a class to keep alive but the order i listed is what is generally thought to be a good method of distributing FR gears.

Just thought i would share this with all of you and hope you have many successes in MC and beyond.
    Thunderhorn:
    70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
    70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
    70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
    70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
    70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
    Gilneas:
    50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Re: What classes Need Fire Resist when.....

Thank you for this...

Comment

Thanks Alava, I'm glad someone else is looking out for the clothies. ^_^

A lot of people are under the impression that clothies don't need FR gear because they 'shouldn't be close enough to need it'. But it just doesn't happen that way. Things get close to us, we have to move in to get range, Gehennas has that LOVELY AoE rain of fire, ... they didn't make [item]Flarecore Robe[/item] and [item]Flarecore Gloves[/item] for nothing, they're there for a reason. Yes, by all means, tanks first. But don't neglect your clothies ;_;

Comment

Druids get no love again.

Even if our buff does increase everyone else fire resist.
        Kemotaha

Comment

Why Yes, I could use some epix FR Armor.

Green don't cut it!
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I laugh at hunters in Black Dragonscale. I don't know why, but I just can't help myself.

Hunter FR wishlist:

Wrist: [item]Pyremail Wristguards[/item] - Lord Incendius (BRD)

Chest: [item]Black Dragonscale Breastplate[/item] or [item]Dragonscale Breastplate[/item] - DLW

Shoudlers: [item]Black Dragonscale Shoulders[/item] --> [item]Drakesfire Epaulets[/item] --> [item]Fiery Chain Shoulders[/item] - DLW --> World Drop -> Armorsmith (thorium rep)

Belt: [item]Fiery Chain Girdle[/item] - Armorsmith (thorium rep)

Feet: [item]Flame Walkers[/item] --> [item]Black Dragonscale Boots[/item] - Goraluk Anvilcrack (UBRS) --> DLW

Legs: [item]Searingscale Leggings[/item] or [item]Black Dragonscale Leggings[/item] - Pyromancer Loregrain (BRD) or DLW

Hands: [item]Storm Gauntlets[/item] --> [item]Molten Fists[/item] - ELW --> Ambassador Flamelash (BRD)

For the encounters where you really need FR then I would also suggest [item]Molten Belt[/item] and [item]Molten Helm[/item] off ELW thorium patterns since you don't need to worry about armor as much.

You'll find that the majority of your FR is from your rings ([item]Ocean's Breeze[/item] from waterlords, [item]Seal of Ascension[/item] the UBRS key, and [item]Dimly Opalescent Ring[/item] from scholo) and trinkets ([item]Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas[/item])

My personal list for FR crafted gear is:
            1. Warrior Tanks
            2. Warrior DPS/Off tanks
            3. Rogues
            4. Paladins
            5. Priests
            6. Druids
            7. Mages/Walocks
            8. Hunters

1-4 are in melee so are the first targets for swings and pulses. 5-7 are casters that generate aggro without a chance of dumping it. Hunters will be targeted by the randomized secondary slap rule, but can dump aggro pretty effectively.
            Last edited by Tarenth; 05-26-2006, 01:41 AM.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
              1. Warrior Tanks
              2. Warrior DPS/Off tanks
              3. Rogues
              4. Paladins
              5. Priests
              6. Mages/Walocks
              7. Hunters

1-4 are in melee so are the first targets for swings and pulses. 5-6 are casters that generate aggro without a chance of dumping it. Hunters will be targeted by the randomized secondary slap rule, but can dump aggro pretty effectively.
              WoW, and I thought Druids were getting no love from Alava's List.
              Kemotaha

Comment

*cough* What are you talking about? I claim misquote :row__577:

Alright, seriously I had them in mind. Saddly without much Druid presence in our runs I tend to lump them together with priests.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
                  1. Warrior Tanks
                  2. Warrior DPS/Off tanks
                  3. Rogues
                  4. Paladins
                  5. Priests
                  6. Druids
                  7. Mages/Walocks
                  8. Hunters

Note to self...Die by flame BEFORE you decurse Tarenth ;)

/e changes order of people on decursive.

LOL

Comment

id agree to disagree on that.. because we have hunters leading/pulling in our raids.. i would put that after the MT =P just IMO