Making the Raid more pleasant.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the Raid more pleasant.

Here are two things I'd like to bring up about our raids, that I think would make them more pleasurable to the group in general. I will probably be in the minority on these, as I seem to be on most issues, but here they are, let's see.

The first is raid times. I am 100% for starting raids on time, and if enough are there early, let's start on trash mobs early. The end time gets out of hand on occasion. Many people have to work, or get up early for family, etc. I"m getting older and, by midnight, can't even see the screen clearly on some occasions. I will begin to leave raids when I hit this point. I believe that if people are constantly pushing those late night times with obligations in the morning, they will hit a point where they will have to stop raiding. I'd like to start looking for a raid wrap-up with whatever boss we are heading to or on at 10pm server time. As we expand the guild, we might have to have 2 groups, especially for the 20-man raids, maybe one could be later for those who get out of work later, are on different time-zones, or just stay up til 4am regularly. I realize that this will probably be shot down quickly, but I will start cutting out before midnight eastern time most nights, and would like to give people a chance to voice their opinions if they are of a like mind. I don't feel I"m helping the raid when I'm too tired to see where I'm going.

The Second, that I think most will agree with, is streamlining the bidding process. I see the process working like this:
    1. All items are linked by the master-looter to officer chat and assigned a dkp value.
    2. All items are linked to the raid with the dkp value.
    3. First Item is linked to the raid for bid with the priority classes.
    4. Anybody in the priority classes who wants to bid whispers master-looter, who types those names into officer chat as they come in.
    5. The bidders are announced to the raid to confirm nobody who bid was missed.
    6. An officer, who has the dkp standings in front of them, compares DKP and announces the winner.
    7. The class leader for that raid confirms that nobody who bid had higher dkp within their classes.
    8. The item is awarded and the next item is linked with priority classes.
    This whole process would take about half a minute an item, and checks and balances are built in.

I don't know how other guilds do it, but we are taking too long looking at dkp of people who aren't in the raid, and people who don't want the item. If only one person bids, we are done - next item.
    Anahlahna and Friends

Re: Making the Raid more pleasant.

the use of DKP is still somewhat new to use... and yes.. its a lil slow or clunky in som ways.. but we are learning it just as we are learning MC.. it now takes us the same amount of time to get to baron geddon as it took us to get to lucifron the first time we went to MC =D.. in time .. kinks will be smoothed out
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Anah
      Here are two things I'd like to bring up about our raids, that I think would make them more pleasurable to the group in general. I will probably be in the minority on these, as I seem to be on most issues, but here they are, let's see.

The first is raid times. I am 100% for starting raids on time, and if enough are there early, let's start on trash mobs early. The end time gets out of hand on occasion. Many people have to work, or get up early for family, etc. I"m getting older and, by midnight, can't even see the screen clearly on some occasions. I will begin to leave raids when I hit this point. I believe that if people are constantly pushing those late night times with obligations in the morning, they will hit a point where they will have to stop raiding. I'd like to start looking for a raid wrap-up with whatever boss we are heading to or on at 10pm server time. As we expand the guild, we might have to have 2 groups, especially for the 20-man raids, maybe one could be later for those who get out of work later, are on different time-zones, or just stay up til 4am regularly. I realize that this will probably be shot down quickly, but I will start cutting out before midnight eastern time most nights, and would like to give people a chance to voice their opinions if they are of a like mind. I don't feel I"m helping the raid when I'm too tired to see where I'm going.

The Second, that I think most will agree with, is streamlining the bidding process. I see the process working like this:
      1. All items are linked by the master-looter to officer chat and assigned a dkp value.
      2. All items are linked to the raid with the dkp value.
      3. First Item is linked to the raid for bid with the priority classes.
      4. Anybody in the priority classes who wants to bid whispers master-looter, who types those names into officer chat as they come in.
      5. The bidders are announced to the raid to confirm nobody who bid was missed.
      6. An officer, who has the dkp standings in front of them, compares DKP and announces the winner.
      7. The class leader for that raid confirms that nobody who bid had higher dkp within their classes.
      8. The item is awarded and the next item is linked with priority classes.
      This whole process would take about half a minute an item, and checks and balances are built in.

I don't know how other guilds do it, but we are taking too long looking at dkp of people who aren't in the raid, and people who don't want the item. If only one person bids, we are done - next item.

QFT.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I like the idea of linking all the non class specific items that drop instead of one at a time. Take for example last week (I think that's when it was), a ring and a robe dropped off one of the bosses. The ring was linked first and one of the warlocks bidded on it and won, when the robe was linked it turned out to be a major upgrade for said lock BUT he didn't have the opportunity to bid on it instead of the ring since he had no knowledge of what dropped.
        The night we killed Domo, some NICE druid shoulders dropped along with finkle's lava dredger. Had I not known that the mace dropped I would have bid on the shoulders without a second thought. We're still getting into the swing of things and soon we'll have the bidding and whatnot streamlined I'm sure.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

The good news is that DKP is working and we are getting faster at looting. I agree that there should be a way to list only the raiders that are present so we dont read down a list of people that are not even in the raid. We really need to thank all those who have been doing the DKP! Great job!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
          Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
          Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I have to say I agree with Anah on the timing of the raids. Do to work and family scheduling I can ususally only raid one or two nights a week and when the raid starts late and goes until twelve thirty east coast time I find it very difficult not to have to run out. Surely there is something we can do to ensure more productive raiding time for those of us that arrive with limited time to begin with.

Comment

Midweek timing is an issue. Any starts earlier than 7pm server don't work for me but do begin to push the Eastern time zone ppl late. I'm Central time zone, so we have a built-in time crunch for someone, no matter what we do.
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I'd have to agree about maybe linking all non-class specific items linked at one time. Though it is hard to pass on class specific purple goodness sometimes there is an item that would make more sense to spend your dkp points on so linking would definitely benefit everyone.

Also, would setting up an early raid time during the weekends be an option? What I've run into a few weekends is GF aggro and B-day dinners galore so I would like to suggest maybe an AM or noon time start. :)
                "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X