Ony Raids?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ony Raids?

Seems like we haven't done one in awhile. Just wondering if we were going to try setting up some raids to get her below the 25% we left her at the last time? And since the raid doesn't last very long could we try maybe on a weeknight?

Also, I found these posts on WoW forums to help with the Deep Breath phase.

Post one:

it is so easy to dodge deep breath it isn't even funny...they key is to keep an eye on where ony is at all times...

the deep breath comes out like a box out in front of her...you are safe on the sides of the box...so if she is directly north then east and west walls are safe...if she is Southwest, then northwest and southeast are safe...so on and so forth...

the best way to make sure you avoid DBs is continually move as she moves...i always just stay in the safe spots from DBs as opposed to standing around in the middle and trying to run to them...you get killed that way...

edit: definitely stay clear of the whelp caves...you can avoid all DBs without ever getting near them...

also another thing that helps is to have a person keeping an eye on her and calling her current position and safe spots in vent/ts/whatever

Post two:

The deep breath is a sort of moving AoE column, 20ish yards wide, and it moves from where Onyxia is when she does it to the opposite side. Being aware of where she is, and then running perpendicular to the column is the best way to live.

For example, if she is in the north, the column will travel North to south, with safe spots to the east and west. If you're in the dead-center of the room, you might be out of luck trying to get away from it.

I usually try to make sure I can get to two walls (west, south) within about 3 seconds of running. Thats generally enough time to make it. Drinking a FR or health pot after you get hit with the first tick is another way live if you dont quite make it.
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: Ony Raids?

I think it would be great to give her another shot! We have alot better gear than we had just a few weeks ago. Lets go practice til we get it. I know that whatever we focus our attention on we can do! Just think of the loots we will bring into the guild.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
    Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
    Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I want my [Item]Onyxia Scale Cloak[/Item] which means I obviously need an Onyxia Scale. So let's go do this!! I know we can do it.

Comment

I'd love to put Onyxia up on the schedule again. I think we need to clear out ZG to open up some available raid nights- as it is, we're scheduled for raids on 5 out of 7 days a week.

Comment

Saturday, Around noonish sounds good to me.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

hehe.. nnot for me tho
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Here is a video of our ony fight, I havent watched it but I am in it. You shouldnt get DB's if you keep the dots up and keep moving around and dont bunch up in groups (spread out).

thedevotionguild.com/index.php?topic=498.0

I cant make the link if somone else can

Thanks

Kalost - Alleria US
              Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

I'm more than willing to lend my Fear Ward for the death of Onyxia.

From my experiences killing her, having around 30 people there makes for an easier kill than having 40, especially while learning the fight. Less clumping up of people leading to fewer deep breaths.

-Hitchins
                60 Dwarf Priest

Comment

I'd love to do Ony, but I think right now we should maintain some focus on MC and ZG. We're doing well getting to Domo and Hakkar, let's work on speeding it up and one shotting them. Onyxia will still be there, and compared to Domo, she's a cake walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis
                    compared to Domo, she's a cake walk.
                    Agreed, so why wouldn't we want to hit the easy loot pinata instead of the hard ones?

Getting geared up with tier 2 helms, the Ony head rewards, weapons, etc from Onyxia would help speed up MC and ZG.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchins
                      Agreed, so why wouldn't we want to hit the easy loot pinata instead of the hard ones?

Getting geared up with tier 2 helms, the Ony head rewards, weapons, etc from Onyxia would help speed up MC and ZG.
                      I agree...MC takes 2 days (Luci, Mag, Gehennes on one day...Garr, Baron, Shazz, and major domo the next), ZG/AQ takes 2 days (AQ first boss, then 2-3 bosses in ZG...The next night the other bosses)...This leaves 1 day for Ony and others.

Comment

Once you get a good strategy, Onyxia could be run before/after any raid night. It only takes about 20 minutes once you get it down. Maybe you could set up another night for learning purposes, ... once you learn it it'll be cake everytime I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Altor
                          I agree...MC takes 2 days (Luci, Mag, Gehennes on one day...Garr, Baron, Shazz, and major domo the next), ZG/AQ takes 2 days (AQ first boss, then 2-3 bosses in ZG...The next night the other bosses)...This leaves 1 day for Ony and others.
                          7 Days in a week.

MC day 1: Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas, Garr
                          MC day 2: Geddon, Shazzrah, Golemaag/Sulfuron
                          MC day 3 (sometimes): Golemaag/Sulfuron, Majordomo, Rag siteseeing

AQ/ZG day 1: Kurinnaxx, Venoxis, +1/2 ZG bosses
                          ZG day 2: Variable 2/3 ZG bosses
                          ZG day 3 (sometimes): Hakkar

That's 4 sure days, 2 'sometimes' days, and 1 empty day for all of us to pass out and give raiding a rest. I also wouldn't mind slapping Ony in that one day. Once you get her down its easier than farming ZG and most endgame guilds treat her like we do AQ, a bump in the road for sweet loot and maybe 30-40 minutes of effort tops.
                          My sanity is not in question...
                          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'd actually rather make the DKP happily spread: Ony/MC to Geha on Night one, MC to Domo night 2, Domo-Rags Night 3

Comment

We cracked open the Onyxia Pinata on Friday night. Thanks to Luna for setting up an awesome raid.

Ony 4 shotted!!! Gratz to everyone who received phat loot!!
                              Last edited by Muirc; 06-10-2006, 12:19 PM.
                              "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X