Lord Valthalak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Valthalak

Well, the time is almost here. I have everything I need to complete my Darkmantle Set and get the [ITEM]Darkmantle Cap[/ITEM] and [ITEM]Darkmantle Tunic[/ITEM]

All that Stands yet in my way, is Lord Valthalak, a tough battle in the lair of "The Beast" in Upper Blackrock Spire.

This is supposedly a very difficult battle, and near the end will require some Shadow Resistance.

I need a group of 10 people to help with this. I've read some of the tactics for him, and I know that we can pull it off.

I would like to plan this for Saturday if possible, between 1 or 2 Server time.
    I would love to supply everyone with all the potions required for a battle such as this, but It's just not in my budget, If you can come, please come with some shadow protection, possibly a Greater Shadow Protection Potion or two, as well as alternative means of healing (Bandages, shouldn't need too many of them though, or potions, Root Tubers or whatever, anything that can save you in the end)

There will be a Main Tank who should never lose the aggro of the boss throughout the entire fight.

A Priest (preferrably with Shadow Protection buff) and a healing druid should be there.

The rest of the team should probably be fairly balanced, with only one or two of each class. I'm willing to do it with whoever is interested though.

As for the fight, it's basically in three stages.
    First Stage Seems most Comparable to a Firelord from Molten Core, where he's tanked and DPS'd down, but the moment one of his add's spawn, they MUST be taken down, it's even more crucial than the Fire Spawns though, as these adds are capable of an instant death for any of the team members.
    Second Stage is just straight DPS'ing. Conserve Mana, rage, energy, whatnot, for the next phase.
    Third Stage (And last), is when he goes into overdrive and the Shadow Protection is a MUST. What I've had suggested is to use [ITEM]Greater Shadow Protection Potion[/ITEM]'s before the battle, so by the time this Stage comes up, you can use a second. This is his overdrive, so our overdrive has to be more than his, This is when there is only about 10-20K HP left, Finishing moves and your big cooldown abilities are used here, and nowhere else.

I feel I should apologize to Arkamis for getting ahead of where he wanted to help, but fear not Ark, after the quest is over, I get the [ITEM]Brazier of Invocation[/ITEM] which works at every one of the sites, so I could respawn Isalien and we can try for your [ITEM]Libram of Hope[/ITEM] over and over again. (And other pallies, too, I know you're dying to get [ITEM]Egan's Blaster[/ITEM] out of your Ranged Slot. :icon19: )
    Plus, theres freebie Rich Thorium Veins behind her.

So, if you're interested in helping in any way, please let me know here. I'm excited to be so close to the end of this quest, so I can put this quest in the past.

Any questions post them here as well. If you'd like some reference on this epic battle, I found the most help On Wowwiki

Just to entice some of you, Valthalak has a chance to drop any of these:
    [ITEM]Ironweave Cowl[/ITEM]
    [ITEM]Shroud of Domination[/ITEM]
    [ITEM]Leggings of Torment[/ITEM]
    [ITEM]Handguards of Savagery[/ITEM]
    [ITEM]Draconian Aegis of the Legion[/ITEM]
    [ITEM]Pendant of Celerity[/ITEM]
    [ITEM]Rune Band of Wizardry[/ITEM]
    [ITEM]Lord Valthalak's Staff of Command[/ITEM]
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Re: Lord Valthalak

I'll help, should be on.

And yay for clothie and caster drops :(

Comment

I'll try to log in to qte and make you some [item]greater shadow protection potion[/item]. If I can make 20, I will and send them to you.

Comment

Also...let me tell you more about his adds...

They are shadow people and can be hard to see. They can hit you with a drain life from almost across the room. When this is being done to you, you can not move/cast/fight. Your health does not go down either...you just die. When anyone see's this, you need to kill that mob ASAP. If you had a few hunters, I would put some Immo or explosive traps down (somewhere in the middle)

Comment

Originally posted by Altor
          Also...let me tell you more about his adds...

They are shadow people and can be hard to see. They can hit you with a drain life from almost across the room. When this is being done to you, you can not move/cast/fight. Your health does not go down either...you just die. When anyone see's this, you need to kill that mob ASAP. If you had a few hunters, I would put some Immo or explosive traps down (somewhere in the middle)
          Those muthas suck. Big time. I went with a group doing this. If you do become on Shadowy-duty (especially as a mage) the easiest way to take care of them (besides pressing 'v' to have the lifebars above their heads) is to create a macro that looks something like:

/target [insert name of shady thing here]
          /Cast Fire Blast (Rank 8) (or equivalent spell or shot or attack. Something instant, they don't have too much life, but will probably take 2-3 hits to kill them.)

Worked well for me anyhow. 'Til they put me on DPS-the-boss duty and then I let someone else take care of it. *pewpewpew*

EDIT: Also a significant difference between the Firelord spawns and the shadowy things ... the adds in this fight can't be AoE'd.

Comment

Druids! After this is done I can assist in getting the [ITEM]Idol of Rejuvenation[/ITEM] for you!

RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Could always tempt hunters with [item]Huntsman's Harpoon[/item]. I know I'd be tempted. :D

Anyhow, congrats on getting this far in your armor quest! I know you've been having difficulties getting some of the odder parts done and you stuck it out.

Me...I'm still looking for a 45 man Baron. I hear it goes downhill from there on out.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Look me up on the weekends, 45 Min Baron is alot of fun. Annoying to no end, but fun.
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Aye, the 45 minute Baron is very fun but can try your patience when the group you go with pulls that mob you have avoided already twice because they took a lousy path..UGGG :P

I was fortunate to have completed it with my Priest and is in the process of getting Ogre Warbeads but my Pally now needs to nail the 45 minute run. Let me know if I'm on and I'll be glad to help or give my 2 cents on strat. I have ran the 45 minute quest about 10 times now.
                  Lub it on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                    Druids! After this is done I can assist in getting the [ITEM]Idol of Rejuvenation[/ITEM] for you!

Ili likey!

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Hold up!

45 Min Chat in other Thread!

This is for Valthalak.
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Due to the overwhelming amount of people who've said "Hey Vin, I'll Help!" I felt that it was unfair to those who did not have an oportunity to volunteer. So I'm offering it once again. All those who had forgotten to sign up, now's your chance!

(Bump)

The time is tenative. If you can think of a better time that you would be able to make it, let me know. I just want the thing done.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I have 6 potions for you so far...I am having trouble finding grave moss. I'll keep trying and send it to you tonight.

Comment

I always see Grave Moss in the Darkshire area.

If you have to buy it, I'll give you what it cost.
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Would like to try again this Saturday. Please inform of interest.
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X