X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Guild Application

Tactical Gamer Guild Application

Thread Closed on 5/20/07
    New Application is up at http://www.tacticalgamer.com/world-w...plication.html

Thank you for your interest in joining the best guild on Thunderhorn.

Please take the time to read our Guild Creed and Values, and our Tactical Gamer FAQ. Then, please answer the questions below. You will be contacted by your Class Officer in game within a few days to interview you, and the officer will keep you posted on the status of your application. Please see the Recruitment Needs thread for classes we are actively seeking to better our class balance.

All Recruits have a mandatory 30 day trial period, after which you will be admitted to the Guild, or we will part as friends.

You can copy and paste the following questions into your reply. Thank you for your interest in joining Tactical Gamer!

1.) What is the name and level of the character you would like to apply with? What is their race, class and talent spec?

2.)What other characters do wish to bring into TG? (Name, race, class)

3.) Have you read and agreed to the Tactical Gamer Guild Creed and Values thread?

4.) About you:
    • How old are you?
    • What gender are you?
    • What timezone are you in?
    • Cable, DSL, or dialup?

5.) How often do you play? What times do you play? Is your gaming time flexible?

6.) Tell us about your experience with WoW. How long have you played? What have you enjoyed the most about your character(s)?

7.) What professions/skills have you taken? (Profession, level)

8.) How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? If you were recruited, who recruited you?

9.) Are you a Supporting Member of Tactical Gamer? (i.e. do you help us pay the bills through a monthly subscription? For more information, please see the Becoming a Supporting Member thread. )

10.) Are you, or have you been, a member of any other guild(s)? If so, which guild(s), and what did you not like about that experience? (This is not a place to slander previous guilds. Be kind in your words.)

11.) Do you have the Required mods?
    • Teamspeak installed and in working order?
    • Do you have a mic(optional)?
    • CT_RaidAssist installed? If not, other raid interface (Ora2, XPerl or similar?)
    • KLH Threatmeter?

For those who are level 50+, please answer the following questions:

1.) Please tell us about your end game experience.
    2.) Are you attuned to Molten Core?
    2.) Onyxia's Lair?
    3.) Blackwing Lair?
    4.) Karazhan?

If you need any further information, please read through our Announcements and SOPs forum for information like our Raid, Bank, or DKP practices. Also included in these forums is Officers and Class Officers so you may contact them in game if needed.
    Last edited by orion808; 05-20-2007, 02:41 PM.

Re: Tactical Gamer Guild Application

You can copy and paste the following questions into your reply. Thank you for your interest in joining Tactical Gamer!

1.) What is the name of the character you would like to apply with? What is their race, class and talent spec? Tinka Night Elf, Druid, BM/MM

2.)What other characters do wish to bring into TG? I also have a Rouge Dwarf, Human Paly and Tauren Druid all below level 10

3.) Have you read and agreed to the Tactical Gamer Guild Creed and Values thread? Yup Yup

4.) About you: How old are you: 39 and holding
    What gender are you Female
    Where do you game from Oklahoma

5.) How often do you play? 3-5 days a week
    What times do you play? If its Sunday - Wed AM Thurs -Sat AM and/or PM
    Is your gaming time flexible? Yes

6.) Tell us about your experience with WoW. I have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of friendly/helpful people I have run into. So far I give it a 9 1/2...Hey nothings perfect
    How long have you played? 1 1/2 weeks
    What have you enjoyed the most about your character(s)? Since I have only played a week and a half EVERYTHING....If I have to nail it down to 1 thing as I have played mostly on my Hunter I love the way I can solo but at the same time be able to help people and protect the squishys

7.) What professions/skills have you taken? Leatherworking / Skinning Not sure of the levels 90-150 ish... servers down now or I would find out for sure

8.) How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? If you were recruited, who recruited you? I was recruited my Ashenhart, my RLF who so kindly got me completely ADDICTED to the game!

9.) Are you a Supporting Member of Tactical Gamer? (i.e. do you help us pay the bills through a monthly subscription? For more information, please see the Becoming a Supporting Member thread. ) Not yet

10.) Are you, or have you been, a member of any other guild(s)? If so, which guild(s), and what did you not like about that experience? (This is not a place to slander previous guilds. Be kind in your words.) Nope

Teamspeak installed and in working order? Yes
    Do you have a mic(optional)? Yes
    CT_RaidAssist installed? No
    Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply). No

For those who are level 50+, please answer the following questions: No level 50+ ...yet lol :)

I just wanted you to know I have entered the SnapDragon phase of my life...Part of me has Snapped...and the rest of me is Draggin!!!!

Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste great with Katsup!

Comment

1)Randsome,
      lv 60 rouge, night elf
      combat spec

2)thats the only charecter i wish to bring to TG

3)yes i have read and agreed to the creed

4)i am 24,
      male
      calgary, alberta

5)i play about 3 days a week, i work 4 on 4 off
      usually play past 7pm when i work anytime when i dont
      fairly flexable with play time

6)my experince with wow, well i only have one charecter. i have had this game for about one year havent done too much with the end game end of things, i have been in a guild before, was recently disbanded. i know enough about the game to hit the attack button. i dont know i like to play wow when ever i get a chance good times

7)mining 292
      skinning 170
      LP 269
      first aid 300
      fishin 23

8)heard about TG threw a fellow player was recently in his guild, he got me hooked and the end game stuffs

9)not a supporting member

10)i have only been in 2 guilds both of whitch have disbanded, no problems with either of them one was named midnight souls and the other i cant even remember

11)i have ct raid assist
      titan bar
      a mic
      vent

thx for your time

Comment

1.) Protist, 60rogue human (ugly) fist weapon specced

2.)Perhaps priest when he is level 60

3.) Perhaps =p

4.) About you:
        I am 18
        From canada/BC, know lunatg from PVPING, uhhh, what else was there? lol

5.) I am usually flexible, will be a bit tough with my schedule atm, but i can manage

6.) Played WOW for about 1 year, know alot about it, love rogues cause of their PURE damage

7.) You dont wanna know, seirously.

8.) I was recruited at one point, but other interests made me leave the guild, Lunatg knows alot about this, but if your willing to take me back, then by all means, im ready!

9.) I fmoney is needed, then yes, i can donate, but i AM 18 and dont really own a credit card

10.) Yes, Legendary Few, Tactical Gamer, Sword Coast Clan....and a few small ones, cant remember

11.) I HAVE ALL!

1.) I know every instance knnow to man and animal alike AQ 40, BWL, MC ZG, AQ20 so on, and so forth
        2.) Of course
        2.) yes
        3.) yes

Invited to the guild on 6/7/06 by Luna.
        Last edited by luna; 06-17-2006, 02:38 AM.

Comment

1.) What is the name and level of the character you would like to apply with? What is their race, class and talent spec?
          Gwina
          Level 22 Dwarven Hunter
          I haven't decided about the talents yet.

Possibly a level 11 Human Paladain named Ėlla.

3.) Have you read and agreed to the Tactical Gamer Guild Creed and Values thread?
          Yes.

4.) About you:

* How old are you? 30

* What gender are you? Female

* Where do you game from? Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

5.) How often do you play? What times do you play? Is your gaming time flexible?
          I play during the day sometimes, usually afternoons and evenings. I have characters scattered around so it depends who I feel like playing.

6.) Tell us about your experience with WoW. How long have you played? What have you enjoyed the most about your character(s)?
          I started playing in Beta and then played for a few months after that. I quit for awhile and played CoH/CoV up until about 2 months ago.
          I like WoW because there is so much to do. I really enjoy my hunter, but I also have a Druid that I love playing. I don't like PvP very much so far, but it looks interesting if scary.

Gwina is a Tailor/Enchanter. I was thinking about switching to Leatherworking/Skinning but I'm not sure.
          Ėlla is a Miner/Blacksmith.

8.) How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? If you were recruited, who recruited you?
          A friend of mine joined and said it would be a good idea for me to join as well. His name on the forums is Marconi and his main in TG is Adalbjog.

9.) Are you a Supporting Member of Tactical Gamer? (i.e. do you help us pay the bills through a monthly subscription? For more information, please see the Becoming a Supporting Member thread. )
          So far, no.

10.) Are you, or have you been, a member of any other guild(s)? If so, which guild(s), and what did you not like about that experience? (This is not a place to slander previous guilds. Be kind in your words.)
          I'm in another guild on Dragonblight. It's a good guild, but very small, just a group of friends. I haven't had much experience with them otherwise. I always look for a friendly, helpful atmosphere.

* Teamspeak installed and in working order? Yes
          * Do you have a mic(optional)? Yes
          * CT_RaidAssist installed? No, but I'm not of a level to be doing raids yet.
          * Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply). Nope, I'm a hunter. Though my other is a Paladin so I shall have to look into it.

Comment

Aedan's Application for Tactical Gamer

Aedan's Application for Tactical Gamer

-- Aedan, Lv 58, Night Elf, Huntress, MM(21)/Survival(28, going to take it to 30)

-- Just this character.

-- Yes, I have read the creed and values, and completely agree in them.

4.) About you:
            How old are you?
            What gender are you?
            Where do you game from?

-- I am 24 years old, female, Florida (Orlando).

-- I play usually every weekday nights, most of Saturdays, evenings Sundays.

-- I started playing WoW on US release in Cenarius server. I had a 60 hunter there and a 36 warrior. I love playing my hunter as it gives so much flexibility for solo-gameplay. I took a 1+ year break from WoW after that, and then rolled this hunter that I have now in Thunderhorn, because I didn't want to go back to Cenarius, as it always have really bad server problems.

-- Gnome Engineering - 225/300 and Mining - 300/300

-- A good friend of mine in Thunderhorn - Dreamchaser. Her alt and her husband's alt are in the guild I previously had, and that was how we met.

-- Not at the moment, no. But I can subscribe to help out.

-- Forestwalker Clan is the only guild I've joined ever on this character, and I joined that at Lv 50+. However I feel that it is lacking, as far as the closeness/family-oriented group of people I have been searching for in a guild, that are willing to help out other members in their time of need. I have helped several of the lower level members when I am able to, but I just do not see enough of the other higher levels in the guild willing to do the same.

Teamspeak installed and in working order?
            Do you have a mic(optional)?
            CT_RaidAssist installed?
            Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply).

-- I use Cosmos UI, and currently have Ventrilo installed, but I can always get Teamspeak, too. Same for CT_RaidAssist, when the situation calls for the need to have it, I will install it.

2.) Onyxia's Lair?
            3.) Blackwing Lair?

-- My end game experience comes from my old hunter character in Cenarius. At the time, only UBRS/LBRS/BRD/Scholo/Strat and recently added Dire Maul were what "end game" was. I have participated in UBRS/LBRS/Scholo/Strat/BRD but have never done MC or BWL.

And just something I'd like to add, thank you for even taking the time to read through this application. I'd just like to add that I do try to be as helpful, and be respectful to everyone I come across. Also, the main focus of my time in WoW atm is PvP (getting rep in Stormpike/Silverwing/Arathor and ranking up) but if there is a scheduled event, I would more than likely allocate the time to help out. Also, in between BGs, I am also free to help out anyone if there's something that can be accomplished in a span of about 1 hour.

I know that you're currently not recruiting anymore hunters, and I can wait until you do open recruitment for hunters again. I am also not as interested in getting epics, and more interested in just getting the armor I can get from BG rewards.

Thanks again and happy gaming! :)

Comment

- Dunzo 51 - Gnome Mage, Fire and Arcane

- Dones 60, Dwarf Rogue

- Yes

4.) About you:
              How old are you?
              What gender are you?
              -Male
              Where do you game from?
              -Indiana, United States

- I play 2 to 8 hours a day, more on the weekends, During the week i play before i go to work at 4pm and when i get out at 2am, and anytime mostly at night on the weekends. Yes my gaming time is flexible but more flexible on the weekends than during the week.

- I have been playin for almost a year now and have loved every minute of it. My first character was a rogue which i enjoyed playing quite a bit until recently when i started reaching higher levels on my mage. Now I mostly play my mage because i enjoy using different spells instead of the same one over and over again.

- My mage is 300 tailoring and low level skinner
              - My rogue is 300 alchemy and 125 enchanting

- I heard about u from a WoW friend of mine who goes by the name of Epoh. She has been nagging me to fill this form out for a while now because of how well she likes being apart of this guild

- I am not currently but am not opposed to signing up for it either.

- I've been in Reborn and Blood of the Phoenix. I liked Reborn but stopped playing my Rogue for a while cuz i was leveling my mage and got booted for inactivity. And BoTP is a good guild its just the members arent very helpful with things that other members need.

Teamspeak installed and in working order? yes
              Do you have a mic(optional)? yes
              CT_RaidAssist installed? yes
              Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply). yes

- My Rogue is the only character that i have experience with end game raids and activities with. Have been to everywhere except MC and BWL and AQ
              2.) Are you attuned to Molten Core? Rogue yes Mage no
              2.) Onyxia's Lair? No
              3.) Blackwing Lair? Rogue yes Mage No

Comment

Orchitis / 60 / Orc / Hunter / 21 MM - 30 Survival / server = Arthas.

Paleface / 60 / Tauren / Shaman / 25 Ele - 26 Resto(Nature swift) (1.11 shammy talent review coming) / server = Arthas.

Yes, and it sounds like everything i'm looking for from a guild.

4.) About you:How old are you?,What gender are you?,Where do you game from?
                35 / Male / UK - London.

I play most days, anytime between 1pm and 10 - 12pm server time, yes i am flexible.. i can touch my toes ;)

I've been playing WoW since Nov.2005, my first toon was my shaman, i loved the versatility of the char, but my firends in the game were making alt's so i decided to tag along with one of my spare bank toon's which happened to be an orc hunter, i feel in love with the pure dps aspect of the char and was hooked from then on and made him my main.
                I love to pvp and have got to rank 10 so far on my hunter, but i also like to raid, i'm pretty versatile really.

Orchitis = mining 166/300, engineering 244/300, cooking 300/300, first aid 300/300, fishing 225/300.
                Paleface = herbalism 315/300, alchemy 300/300.

I heard about TG from Crushgroove who is one of your MT's on Arthas, he let me help him farm ZG a few times, he's a good guy and if your members are anything like him i know i'll fit in.

9.) Are you a Supporting Member of Tactical Gamer?
                At this present time no, what the future brings we'll see.

I was a member of KOS, my background in gaming is the fps genre mainly a game called mohaa, but i got disillusioned with the game when it was apparent the cheaters could stay one step ahead of the anti-cheat clients available, some friends of mine from the game asked me to try rpg's in this case Lineage 2, they played on an American server called sieghart, this is where i met some of the KOS guys who in turn suggested i try WoW out for size, i became hooked and left L2 behind.
                My shammy was my first toon to hit 60 and as such was considered my main, i acquired enough dkp points to roll for items and subsequently won my tier 2 helm, then having fallen in love with my hunter and requested that he be made my main, i was told i would not be allowed to roll on items or acquire dkp points as i had already done so on my shaman.
                I completely understand their decision on this matter, as if everyone was allowed to do this they would become deficient in certain classes, but at the same time my hunter is now my main and i wish to acquire high lvl gear for him, so i took the decision to look for another guild, i have explained this to the officers in KOS and we remain on friendly terms, i still use their ts and pvp with them on a regular basis(sry for the novel :D).

Do you have the Required mods?
                Teamspeak installed and in working order? = yes / Vent = yes
                Do you have a mic(optional)? = yes
                CT_RaidAssist installed? = yes
                Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply). not applicable.

I have completed the following = BRD/LBRS/UBRS/STRAT/SCHOLO/DM/MC/Onyxia/BWL=Firemaw/AQ20
                2.) Are you attuned to Molten Core? = yes
                2.) Onyxia's Lair? = yes
                3.) Blackwing Lair? = yes

Just like to add i'm a team player and treat people as i would wish to be treated in return namely with respect, always up for a laugh but can be serious when the time comes, i consider myself helpful and patient.
                All the best and thanks for reading ;).
                Arthas ~ Orc Hunter ~ 60 ~ Rank 10

Trust me.. life is not like a box of chocolates

Comment

1.) What is the name and level of the character you would like to apply with? What is their race, class and talent spec? My character's name is Tiforus. He is a lvl 60 human, built almost in protection.

i don't want to bring other character in the guild

3.) Have you read and agreed to the Tactical Gamer Guild Creed and Values thread? Yup

4.) About you:

* How old are you? 24
                  * What gender are you? Male
                  * Where do you game from? Canada

5.) How often do you play? What times do you play? Is your gaming time flexible? i play between 10 and 25 hours per week almost during the week night and weekend.

6.) Tell us about your experience with WoW. How long have you played? What have you enjoyed the most about your character(s)? I tried alot of mmorpg before and this one is the best! there so much to do. i played since the beginning. I tried a couples of class such as hunter, mage, priest and pally.

7.) What professions/skills have you taken? (Profession, level) Mining(100) and Blacksmithing (121) ... I guess I have to work on it.

8.) How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? If you were recruited, who recruited you? I saw you everywhere in IronForge and I talked with some of your members.

9.) Are you a Supporting Member of Tactical Gamer? (i.e. do you help us pay the bills through a monthly subscription? For more information, please see the Becoming a Supporting Member thread. ) Not yet

10.) Are you, or have you been, a member of any other guild(s)? If so, which guild(s), and what did you not like about that experience? (This is not a place to slander previous guilds. Be kind in your words.) Yes, The Velvet Blades. this guild is a good guild but they are not running big instance like MC.

* Teamspeak installed and in working order? Yes
                  * Do you have a mic(optional)? Yes
                  * CT_RaidAssist installed? Yes
                  * Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply). Yes

2.) Are you attuned to Molten Core? Yup
                  2.) Onyxia's Lair? No
                  3.) Blackwing Lair? No

Invited to the guild on 6/16/06 by Luna.
                  Last edited by luna; 06-17-2006, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Lurkz, Lvl 60 Human Rogue. Combat Spec (31) Assasination (16) Stealth(3)

While I have another lvl 60 hunter, the rogue is the only character I wish to bring into the guild

3.) Have you read and agreed to the Tactical Gamer Guild Creed and Values thread? Yes, I read them.

4.) About you:
                    How old are you? 33
                    What gender are you? Male
                    Where do you game from? Northeast Ohio (the land of clouds :->)

Depends on the week, but, on average 3 days a week. I play mostly during the evening hours. I work M-F during the day.

I've played WoW for about a little over a year now. I've really enjoyed interacting with other people in the game--surprising how, for the most part, friendly and helpful people are. A group of my friends got me into the game and it was with that group that I brought my first character, a hunter, up to 60. Sadly, once I hit 60, heck, even before I hit 60, with the hunter, I was tired of the hunter class. So, I started a rogue and have absolutely loved the variety and the flexibility of the class.

Mining: 300/300
                    Engineering: 275/300
                    First Aid: 300/300
                    Cooking: 300/300

Through a friend at work who used to be in TG.

No, not at this time

I was a member, very briefly, of PoA. My friends play in that guild and I brought my hunter in. The guild and the people were very nice--I had just grown tired of the hunter. Also, PoA raids at least 5 days a week, that's a little too hard core for me.

Teamspeak installed and in working order? Yes
                    Do you have a mic(optional)? Yes
                    CT_RaidAssist installed? Yes
                    Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply). N/A

With the rogue, I have not been in any of the end game 40 man/20 man raid instances. With the hunter, I have been in MC and briefly in BWL.

I have done instances with people several times with the rogue and, given the length of time I've been playing the game, I understand aggro control and my role within a group.

2.) Are you attuned to Molten Core? No
                    2.) Onyxia's Lair? Working on it, but not yet
                    3.) Blackwing Lair? No

Comment

Tiforus, what class are you?
                      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Tinka
                        1.) What is the name of the character you would like to apply with? What is their race, class and talent spec? Tinka Night Elf, Druid, BM/MM
                        Nightelf Druid with a beastmaster/marksman spec.

Anyone else confused about this?
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
                          Nightelf Druid with a beastmaster/marksman spec.

Anyone else confused about this?
                          She's new to the game Tarenth, and it's a bit late to point that out seeing as how 1 She's in the guild already and 2 I think we all knew what she meant.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Garnak, Lvl 60 human,pally in retribution

none

Yes

4.) About you:
                            How old are you? 22
                            What gender are you? Male
                            Where do you game from? House

1 or 2 times by week for 8h each time, i'm not connect for nothing

I played for the last year, and the thing that enjoyed me about my char is the power of healing and my powerfull weapon

I'm ingineer lvl 140

It's my great friend and pally Tiforus who talked me about Tactical Gamer

no sorry

Velvet Blade, it's was not a good end game guild

Teamspeak installed and in working order? yes
                            Do you have a mic(optional)? yes
                            CT_RaidAssist installed? yes
                            Decursive Installed? (druid-priest-pally-mage only need apply). yes

1.) Please tell us about your end game experience.ø
                            I got no good experience in end game at all
                            Yes
                            2.) Onyxia's Lair?
                            no
                            3.) Blackwing Lair?
                            no

Invited to the guild on 6/16/06 by Luna.
                            Last edited by luna; 06-17-2006, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Orchitis,

We are an Alliance guild, on Thunderhorn. You are confusing us with another guild. The guild you are looking to apply to is called TG and is on Arthas. We are not affiliated in any way with eachother. Nonetheless, thank you for your interest! Unfortunately, Blizzard will not allow us to invite across factions or servers at this time. :)
                              Last edited by luna; 06-17-2006, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X