Important Add On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Add On

A few of us have been playing with a new addon, KLH ThreatMeter.

It is a graphic measurement of who has aggro and HOW MUCH...for your party or for your raid. This could be a very important tool for raid leadership and seems pretty critical for all warriors, healers, and any heavy DPS generators.

I strongly suggest you download and unzip into your interface/addons folder.

You can get this at http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons.html

This isn't mandatory, but it could become so...it's THAT good. Get it, load it, let's find out if this is a keeper!
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Important Add On

It should be noted that because threat and aggro is a hush hush subject with Blizzard the numbers noted here are enlightened assumptions over the course of many tests. Its a nice thing to look at, like a damage meter, but you shouldn't rely on it too much because of the amount of guessing that goes into it.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

There are still people who join our raids (repeatedly) who have yet to get CT Raid installed.
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
        There are still people who join our raids (repeatedly) who have yet to get CT Raid installed.
        We should work more on enforcing this. It's part of the code you agree to when you join the guild, is it not? Not to mention frigging essential...

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

for the most part.. just 1 frequent raider does not have CTRA.. altho i have reminded that person many times
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
            It should be noted that because threat and aggro is a hush hush subject with Blizzard the numbers noted here are enlightened assumptions over the course of many tests. Its a nice thing to look at, like a damage meter, but you shouldn't rely on it too much because of the amount of guessing that goes into it.
            You nailed it, Tarenth! That's exactly why we spent an hour and a half in a two and three person party, testing when aggro swapped mob attention and tracking the "accuracy" of the addon. Chair and I concluded (with Crebis) that the addon is absolutely correct in calculating when aggro shifts from one person to the next. The number itself is not "accurate", but does consistently show when aggro changes.

Overall, it's like building a house with a yardstick that is missing an inch. If it's the only measuring device you use, it all fits together!!:row__523:
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

very good analogy there beep..