Git R Dun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git R Dun

that pesky little 'background downloader' screwin up ur play time? givin u extra lag?... turn it on while ur at work or overnight.. i found the program in the main folder of my WOW game.. gonna turn it on while im at work.. so that it might be done before i start playing tonight
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: Git R Dun

Wow....I thought I was the only one who noticed that the background downloader was busy doing stuff last night....good to know I wasn't the only one.

Note: You can change the settings on the downloader so that is doesn't run in the background while you are playing. Also, you can run the downloader without opening WoW by going to your WoW folder and double clicking on the downloader.exe file. That's what I did last night after I logged. It was busy downloading a "wow-patch" file that was 127mb big. Just FYI.
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

WorldofWarcraft.net had this to say:

As you will be aware the Blizzard downloader has been working its magic over the past week downloading the new patch to your PC in the background. However, some players experienced latency issues when the downloader was enabled so it had to be turned off. Site visitor jschoaf has the patch downloaded and has uploaded it for people to grab. Just unzip into their wow folder, it should create a folder call wow-patch and Blizzard's downloader will verify and wait for the final bits on patch day. Thanks to jschoaf for that.
      Here's the link they included:
      http://files.filefront.com/wow_patch.../fileinfo.html
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

update: it is done.. there is 2 files in a folder named wow-patch or something.. 1 is 100 mb 1 is 30 mb roughly... took 17 min to dl both em i guess..(the prompt poped up 17 min later than the start)
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Anyone find any info on what these files actually do?
          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

yes.... they are the next patch (1.11.... gonna be a HUGE patch.. a new 4 winged (AQ has 2.......) instance... new teir 3(yep) set pieces... the scourage is going to invade many different places(log on in SW by mailbox to see guards killing an invading army of undead anyone?) my guess is it will be about 300MB or more.... that would take a full day(not cause of crappy connection.. but because blizzards downloarer sucks a$$)..
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Yeah. It's the patch. And the Downloader doesn't SUCK.. it's just the way it all works. Bliz uses the Bit torrent process, so we're all downloading bits and pieces off of each other while we play. (or, over night)

The downloader has been going off and on for the last two weeks, So yeah, the patch will be ginormous... While it sucks that blizz has been screwing with our bandwidth, At least they were thoughtful enough to just give us two weeks of screwed up play time as opposed to three days of no playing due to slow seeding and then server issues.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Point of order. Naxx isn't the 4 wing instance, that's Hellfire Citadel. Also, its not 4 wings persay, just something set up like DM. Picture, if you will, if DM:W, DW:E, and DW:N were all the nonraid parts of the citadel. Then the arena (in the smack dab center of it all) was something like Onyxia. 3 nonraid wings, and one moderately sized raid encounter.

Other than that, I hope you have your advanced commisions out of Strat because we're gonna be grinding undead for tokens for some time to come. :D
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

ya it is...