Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Rajaxx bug?

From wowwiki:

In some cases, failing to complete the fight and returning the next day will break the event. The Lieutenant General and his NPC guards will not spawn, and the 7 waves of mobs will not have spawned, leaving the raid to deal solely with Rajaxx. Fighting Rajaxx without the help of any NPCs can be difficult. In this case, Rajaxx can be dropped by positioning the entire raid against the wall in a corner of the arena to minimize the AoE knockback, while the MT holds Rajaxx far enough away to allow all ranged attacks (including hunters). The raid should lightly DPS Rajaxx throughout the fight, making sure to stop all DPS for a few seconds after the knockback, in order for the MT to maintain the greatest amount of aggro. Without any of the adds, you can also sneak by Rajaxx towards Moam or Buru.

Just wondering if anyone has heard this to be true? If it is the case then couldn't we just kill Kurinaxx and try once to fight through the mobs and just return the next day to deal with just the General so we have a full raid. Maybe we can get a couple of people together tonight to form a small raid to verify?
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: General Rajaxx bug?

Nope, the NPC's will respawn after 15 minutes like clockwork and all the waves will respawn as well.
    Thunderhorn:
    70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
    70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
    70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
    70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
    70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
    Gilneas:
    50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Thanks, Alava. Just thought it was worth a shot. :)
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

I am hearing from my friend in the Winter Wolves from Argent Dawn server that they do this fight all the time using this method. It is true that the NPCs that help will return in 15minutes but if you leave and come back in 12 hours the 7 waves of MoB will be gone and you can fight the General without the NPCs help. He said he would be glad to get on TS with us to discuss how they do it.

Comment

my question is, why bother? Last night we figured out how to pwn the waves up and down, and I think we can get Rajaxx this time in one shot. We just need a warrior there to get some temporary aggro whenever he says "I'll handle you myself, <player>". Then slow and steady to 0%, while staying in the corner.

Comment

If you guys want i can tell you how we do it also, so that you have another strat to adopt and make your own : )
            Thunderhorn:
            70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
            70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
            70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
            70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
            70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
            70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
            70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
            Gilneas:
            50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

My thought behind skipping the waves was because why waste the supplies(potions, bullets, etc...) if we can skip the mobs and put them off for one day. I was just thinking it would save the raid as far as resources to use for the next part of AQ20. Just a suggestion but I'll go with whatever is decided to be best for the guild. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Muirc
                My thought behind skipping the waves was because why waste the supplies(potions, bullets, etc...) if we can skip the mobs and put them off for one day. I was just thinking it would save the raid as far as resources to use for the next part of AQ20. Just a suggestion but I'll go with whatever is decided to be best for the guild. :)
                This would probably be a good idea if you were having huge problems, but if you guys have got the waves figured out, I'd suggest doing it in one fell swoop. that way you A) actually have the same raid you're working with (in case some of your raid can't be there the second night) and B) mmmm, fat rep.

Personally, I'd do it the tough way.. it takes some learning, (I've been in the learning process for this fight with three different guilds... each using a different method) but once you get it down, you'll sit there thinking 'Jeez... why did we ever have a problem with that'

And once you beat the snot out of Rajaxx... Yeah. The rest of the instance is Cake (Except for Ossirian apparently) . Don't forget your +5 mining gloves for the obsidian chunks that drop off of the sphynx's.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Strategy
                  Boss
                  You start the fight by talking to the lieutenant, who plays a key roll in this fight along with his elites (they all hit very hard, and the lieutenant has a nice AOE buff).

The fight consists of 8 waves. Each wave has a "captain", warriors, and stingers. An initial AOE fear when the main group comes, along with ice or frost traps, will help ensure no instant deaths. Take out the stingers first, then the captain, and finally the warriors.

Rajaxx comes by himself last and has an instance-wide AOE that takes half your current health and knocks you back quite a ways. It will not kill you unless you are under 200ish health. A tank can hold aggro on him but he will also random aggro someone and smack them around a bit before switching back to his threat list.

Placement
                  Initially everyone is in the cove just outside the doorway that the groups of mobs run through (or where the lieutenant runs to begin the fight).

When Rajaxx comes, everyone gets in the doorway and splits up -- half the raid on each side, backs up against the wall. This will help counteract the AOE knockback.

Tanking
                  Warlocks are fearing the warriors. The MT is holding the captain off to the side (each captain has their own ability, AOE fear or AOE lightning cloud or Cleave, etc). An OT may hold one of the warriors until the very end so the mana users can wand up on him while a pally keeps up Judgement of Wisdom, however this will become less neccessary as you become profiscient with the fight.

When Rajaxx comes, the MT pulls aggro and positions Rajaxx in the middle of the doorway, then hands off aggro to the lieutenant. If the lieutenant gets dangerously low on health, steal the aggro back temporarily so the healers can keep him alive.

Healing
                  If the majority of your raid is friendly this is a really easy fight for healers, as you can rely on the lieutenant's AOE buff to heal most of the raid.

Your main concern is the lieutenant first, and your MT second. Your MT can be battle-rezzed and should have a soulstone on them...the lieutenant dies and is dead

When Rajaxx comes, just heal the lieutenant and throw HOT's on your MT. If your MT pulls aggro or Rajaxx random aggros them, go ahead and keep them up.

Notes
                  If players are friendly, they can flag /pvp and get a very nice aura from the lieutenant. The aura heals 200hp/3sec and increases melee and cast speed. It appears you only receive the aura when the lieutenant is fighting something.

here is a video of it with our strategy, its very easy

www.thedevotionguild.com/index.php?topic=502.0
                  Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

We pwnt Rajaxx last night. Lagspike on wave 6 of our first attempt wiped us (60 seconds of immovability, ouch). Take 2 was a smooth kill with only 1 death before Rajaxx, got him easily.

Comment

btw, he dropped [item]Manslayer of the Qiraji[/item] and I got the [item]Gavel of Qiraji Authority[/item] from a captain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X