I have a question on 3rd party programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question on 3rd party programs

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=122118 What is this all about? Um does this mean the programs we are downloading for the guild and using can potentially get us banned from blizzard?
    ... It's not that I don't like you, it's just that I like stepping on things....

Re: I have a question on 3rd party programs

Anise,

I believe the program(s) that are illegal are the gold farming and leveling programs because they are used for monetary(sp?) gain. As far as the decursive comment a person posted that is a wish and is a hope as the decursive program takes off the curses warlocks put on people. At least, I believe that is what he meant, right?
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

A. This information is "old news" (from December 2005), so there's no Blizzard policy change to deal with.
      B. Blizz has always been tough on third party programs, especially anything that looks/feels/walks/quacks like a 'bot program.
      C. The warlock comments seems to be "tongue in cheek", so not to be taken seriously. If Decursive is a problem then 80% of players are screwed!!!:icon_eek: :row__523:
      D. We will never knowingly encourage you to download a program that will cause trouble with Blizzard.

FWIW, we work hard as a guild not to take advantage of "exploits" (software glitches that allow a player advantage). It's not consistent with Tactical Gamer's approach to gaming.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

split this up... ill use decursive as an example....

Legal mod: decursive notifys you that someone in ure group has a debuff
        u then press an assigned button and the mod targets and decurses the target

ILLEGAL MOD: decursive notices that someone has a debuff.. targets and automatically decurses.. no input from the user whatsoever....
        the illegal mod would be considered a 'bot' because it is like a robot.. and needs nobody to control it
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

thanks guys, I feel better.. I didn't notice the date it was posted, was just trying to visit some old haunts and get up to date on a few things when I spotted that and my spider sense was tingling.. good thing I squarshed him eh? I didn't know if they had a specific list of ok programs that they have listed or if they had a covered blanket clause on all 3rd party programs that I was not aware of. Yes I suppose I COULD read their agreement thing but it was long legal and therefore tediously boring..
          ... It's not that I don't like you, it's just that I like stepping on things....

Comment

heh. It's been mentioned before that Blizzard is really not fond of Decursive. Yeah, We have to press that button to make the curse go away, but for a class like paladins... Yeah... Decursive is getting really close to being a cheat. (It's kinda like how CTraids Heal cancel got nerfed.)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Decursive is borderline and it wouldn't take much from the developers to consider it a cheat. It automatically scans the raid (by priority) for debuffs, selects an appropriate decurse (priests, druids, shamans, and paladins have two), then casts the appropriate spell and rank to remove it.

There was a lot of flak about it when people in duels complained that using decursive to automatically cleanse debuffs (lock curses and hunter viperstings). It got the 'lrn2play crymorenoob' response, but it was noted as a borderline mod.

The healing mod that automatically selected the appropriate rank of a heal spell to hit someone based on their damage taken was already banned since it selected a specific rank and canceled to prevent over heals. At least...I think it was. No one uses it and we speak no more about it.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I don't use very many mods, as little as I have to really but doesn't the benecast mod do the same thing minus the heal cancel?? I know a few priests and pallys that use it since it selects the appropriate heal to use that is most mana efficiant.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliana
                  I don't use very many mods, as little as I have to really but doesn't the benecast mod do the same thing minus the heal cancel?? I know a few priests and pallys that use it since it selects the appropriate heal to use that is most mana efficiant.
                  The spell level choosing was never the problem, The actual cancelling was. That's why CTraid doesn't have an Auto cancel anymore. Being mana efficient isn't a huge advantage over others, (which is what blizz uses to gauge how close a mod is to a hack) but having the mod do ALL the dirty work, ie cancelling, Definately tipped the scale.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Ahhh I see.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X