The Power of the Patch COMPELS YOU!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power of the Patch COMPELS YOU!

This week saw the introduction of the 1.11 patch featuring two worldwide events as well as a number of changes and the much-anticipated Mage patch. The skies are clouded with smoke and shadows as the Scourge Necropolis float over their DZs and the streets are filled with lights and revelry as the people celebrate the Midsummer Flame Festival. As Eyonix put it “No zombie invasion is going to stop me from having my BBQ!”

The Scourge has set up a number of DZs around the world and are dropping undead upon us with a vengeance. Stalwart guildies have cobbled together groups to fight off this invasion but have met with steady resistance…from other players. In all seriousness this event has turned out to be rather a disappointment as people farm the DZs and resist intrusion or intervention of new comers. If someone should ever find an uncamped crystal they should give a shout out for the troops and start hitting the undead fast and hard.

This summer saw the introduction of the Midsummer Flame Festival, a replacement for the 4th of July event last year as Blizzard moves towards a more country neutral stance with its events. Flames are popping up everywhere and provide fun and interesting new toys for those with the interest in pursuing the quests offered from the Flamekeepers. I can proudly say I’m the first one in the guild to get a Crown and Red Whisp pet, but I know Shalthazar shall not be far behind me in these accomplishments.

As summer officially hits us, TG members scatter far and wide to avoid agro from family and friends. We all know aggro = bad and Beep and Phantom aren’t going to be there to pick it up. Combine that with people going about the business of playing with the new toys given to us in the patch and raiding the 'relatively' minor instances has slowed down considerably.

The ZG raid post patch was cobbled together by Luna and managed to hit two bosses (Snake and Bat) before calling it a night from lack of interest. The raid saw the increased loot table and drops and failed to be impressed much. A change to the ZG head/leg enchant is causing stir both among the servers an a few members within the guild as the primal hakkari items saw a change in use and dropped of the requirement for the enchant. To all those who picked up a primal hakkari item in hopes of getting the enchant: “Um…whoops”. You can now get a +10 Nature Resist enchant to head or leg for the Arcanum (libram enchants), but the class enchants now require a drop off the Bloodlord or Jindo so your purple hakkari are now vendor trash. Good news: We might start hitting the Bloodlord so I can FINALLY get an epic bow. Bad news: We have yet to hit Jindo let alone walk away with a success.

Crebis led the guild on the post patch AQ20 run to find a much-changed instance and Rejaxx encounter. The jury is still out on if the changes were for the better or worse and it will probably take a determined raid after everyone has tired of their new patch toys to reach a verdict. On the plus side; all trash mobs were kicked up in rep value from 3 to 5 with and increased in boss rep of 150 Cenarion Circle and 50 Brood of Nozdormu (even more for those dirty humans). The Rejaxx encounter was made faster and more brutal, but the mobs (also showing increased rep gains) had their damage output and hp decreased to compensate. I’m sure once we get it down we’ll go back to spanking Rejaxx and moving deeper into the instance.

Onyxia still proves to be a stalled point with TG when it comes to getting a raid together. Due to lack of sign ups and attendance at the appointed hour we were forced to surrender our dreams of “phat lewt” and move on to the more familiar MC run.

On a brighter note, the early start on Friday for Molten Core is starting to show its promise as TG hits the ground running and plows through all mobs and bosses set before it. Friday, led by Crebis, saw us plowing through Lucifron, Magmadar, and Gehennas. On the Saturday run, also run by Crebis, the raid hit Garr, Baron Geddon, Shazzrah, Golemagg, AND Sulfuron with precision and efficiency. A brief shout out goes to Allakadre for hitting record lows in DKP after ninjaing away the heavy hitting DPS weapons to drop down, briefly, below –115 DKP. Sunday saw a changing of the guard as Arkamis drove the raid into a race to Majordomo Executus, missing his promised “One hour to domo” prediction by only 7 minutes. To put a ringer on the night TG saw its FIRST ONE SHOT OF MAJORDOMO EVER! Kudos goes to Arkamis for leading the guild in this monumental achievement. Only the third week seeing him and second attempt without a veteran guild mentoring and we’re already knocking him over and taking his loot on the initial attempt.

To cap the day in MC on Sunday the raid then made its way to Ragnaros’ room and summoned him. To sum up Rag: he’s big, bad, and ugly. In an attempt to learn the encounter we gave it three shots. The initial attempt (with the Domo summoning and the event playing out before us) saw a phenomenal run with Rag getting to 48% in 3 minutes before Beep was overwhelmed and the sons trampled through the raid. Also of note is LadyAbyss’ new flight record with a death almost 100 yards into the air near Rag’s head. How she got there is a mystery to all of us. The second and third attempts saw a more lack luster showing as people started dropping from the raid in order to get an early start on the fast approaching dawn of a new week. Eventually we left MC defeated, but not discouraged, by Rag. However I feel pity for the poor rogues, warriors, and paladins up in melee with him, as each hit with their weapons was another blow to their pockets. I’m just glad I don’t have to deal with the heavier repair bill as of yet, but they will have the last laugh when we start hitting Nefarion in BWL and my bows get zapped to 0 durability on a whim.

Winnas of da phat lewt:

Dreadd -> [item]Choker of Enlightenment[/item]
    Allakandre -> [item]Earthshaker[/item] and [item]Obsidian Edged Blade[/item]
    Baylord -> [item]Lawbringer Legplates[/item]
    Zeddzorander -> [item]Arcanist Leggings[/item]
    Jedril -> [item]Lawbringer Bracers[/item]
    Brano -> [item]Felheart Bracers[/item]
    Quarathtg -> [item]Giantstalker's Boots[/item]
    Arkamis -> [item]Lawbringer Gauntlets[/item] and [item]Lawbringer Belt[/item]
    Beep -> [item]Drillborer Disk[/item]
    Celltar -> [item]Felheart Horns[/item]
    Vondoom -> [item]Arcanist Gloves[/item]
    Jandreyn-> [item]Felheart Slippers[/item]
    Ashenhart -> [item]Felheart Shoulder Pads[/item]
    Cin -> [item]Cenarion Spaulders[/item]
    Zeeg -> [item]Mana Igniting Cord[/item]
    Ladyabyss -> [item]Felheart Robes[/item]
    Kittywampus -> [item]Breastplate of Might[/item] and [item]Heavy Dark Iron Ring[/item]
    Archaeon -> [item]Lawbringer Belt[/item]
    Sajier -> [item]Mantle of Prophecy[/item]
    Chancester -> [item]The Eye of Divinity[/item]
    Otterly -> [item]Fireguard Shoulders[/item]
    Pigtank -> [item]Core Forged Greaves[/item]

On a personal note, I’m writing this off line in route to Canada to the first of many potentially boring meetings abroad. I’ll clean it up and post it when I can wheedle a connection to the interweb out of someone. Much love to TG and keep hitting those raids. Here’s hoping to getting back in a week’s time to find Ony on farm status instead of a distant dream due to lack luster attendance.

Amendment: Just my luck they’re having a heat wave in Vancouver when I touch down. I need to hurt the person who told me it was going to be cold.

BTW, someone else do the news bite for next week. I’m going to be going through WoW withdrawal and will hardly have any content to post about. Besides, I don’t have any posting rights on that board anyhow. This will save someone the effort of moving the post. ;)
    Last edited by Tarenth; 06-27-2006, 01:41 PM.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: The Power of the Patch COMPELS YOU!

Dude...remember...reading = bad. Give me the readers digest on tape version!

LOL

Comment

Ahem.

Stuff Happened
      We rule
      Patch roxors
      De end
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Altor
        Dude...remember...reading = bad. Give me the readers digest on tape version!

LOL
        I disagree.

I thoroughly enjoy Tarenth's spiels while I'm at work and unable to a) play, b) reach TG and contribute to discussion (I can read via proxy, but I can't respond).

Me: |

Comment

Originally posted by Marconi
          I disagree.

I thoroughly enjoy Tarenth's spiels while I'm at work and unable to a) play, b) reach TG and contribute to discussion (I can read via proxy, but I can't respond).
          It's kind of an joke I have with T Marconi...He is always saying "I know, reading = bad" so I like to ask him for the man-on-the-go version! :)

Comment

I think we are fortunate to have Tarenth and others who like to dig into the game and keep us well-informed. It's another reason to read our forums.
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Maybe do the 'pod-cast' edition. :D

Good write-up Tarenth.
              sigpic

Comment

Tarenth, you need better friends. Canadian friends.
                We know that that 'It's always cold in canada' BS is untrue.

Vancouver is a coastal city, It's always RAINING there. (or, it's hot, with an ungodly amount of humidity)
                but this year, All of Canada is like that... humid humid humid. ick.

Good write up though. I miss the times when i wasn't so addicted to the game that i could actually stay out of it and write stuff.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Minnesota? Doesn't it always have snow there. I heard the whole state was effected by Permafrost.

Ya ya'betcha. Snow here all year don'tcha know?
                  Gunna go pay a visit to cousin Olle up there in Brainerd yanno.

Poor Manny, thinks he's the only one Steriotyped.
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Manetheren
                    Tarenth, you need better friends. Canadian friends.
                    We know that that 'It's always cold in canada' BS is untrue.

Vancouver is a coastal city, It's always RAINING there. (or, it's hot, with an ungodly amount of humidity)
                    but this year, All of Canada is like that... humid humid humid. ick.

Good write up though. I miss the times when i wasn't so addicted to the game that i could actually stay out of it and write stuff.
                    Canada??? Don't you people rub noses and live in igloos? Yeah...you ride those dog sleds around.

Comment

Who wouldn't like a Mounty? or is it Mountie?

They just like to talk some jibberjabber Francais instead of good ol' fashion Spanglish like the rest of us in the southern country of Texas :)
                      Lub it on!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X