**The Masquerade (Ony chain) is Repaired**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **The Masquerade (Ony chain) is Repaired**

Okay.. at about 2AM the quest NPCs were reset and coded for the hotfix. Me and Mike tried it out and works perfectly!

If u do in a group, make SURE you're nearby winsor when he dismounts his horse and make SURE u have quest log room.

If u die in the keep for some reason, wait for a resurrection or the quest to complete or you wont get credit.

AFTER this quest, u must goto Winterspring and speak to a night elf u get to from a cave-portal to get the crystal powered... the specifics are on thottbot. Best way to do this is simply ghost run. takes 2-3 tries.

THEN you go to Drakk and get the blood in UBRS - and you're done.
    Last edited by Gambit7; 07-01-2006, 02:40 PM.

Re: **The Masquerade (Ony chain) is Repaired**

At 10am it didn't work, and again at Midnight. :(
    Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Originally posted by Anah
      At 10am it didn't work, and again at Midnight. :(
      Very odd... might have something to do with the invasion, as it's supposed to be over now. If it ended after you tried the quest, it may just work now and they've rolled the hotfix back.

I'd try again.

Comment

No it's not. The group went to run it last night, and the Masquerade did not run properly.

Comment

Try again post-invasion.

If the problem is Winsor not spawning, try this:
          -Travel to Goldshire, and relog in the inn there.
          -Follow the road carefully back to the gates of Stormwind.
          -Marshal Windsor should reappear within a reasonable period of time, though this may vary.

Remember, previous quest failures should be abandoned... you dont need to actually have a quest to meet Winsor - he will automatically re-appear. I know a LOT of posts in the bug forums are this very problem and people rant, not realizing their own mistake.

Aside from that, I'm assuming we might've caught the hotfix right after it was applied and reset... i wish more people were there at the time :(
          Also, if indeed the invasion is over, Blizz may have CREATED another bug by producing a fix that only worked DURING the invasion... you catch my drift.

Comment

another bug

There are still people complaining of missing NPCs (like bolvar or Ony). BEFORE you initiate the quest by waiting for Winsor outside the city, it's smart to check to make sure all the NPCs are in place.

It seems like the quest isnt "synchronized", so if someone does the quest before you, Ony might not be fully respawned in time, etc.

Another way is to simply walk Winsor to the keep, when he asks you if you're ready you simply go inside and verify the NPCs. Note: you MIGHT fail though by being out of range of winsor (not sure of this), so it's best if u have someone check for you. (i had manny check for me once).

Once everyone is in place, give it a shot.

Siu

Comment

I finally got it done. Failed twice on the third due to npc bugging, got it on the third try in the evening. It's far from fixed, but it does work intermittently.
              Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

I tried 3 different times yesterday waiting a total of about 3 hours and he will not spawn and show up at the gates. I tiried all of the posted "fixes" to try and get him to spawn. Bolvar has been bugged for a few days now as he stands in a battle stance ready for fight that's not there. I haven't tried logging on and seeing if it works today yet but as of yesterday it is no bueno. I actually got a response from the ticket I logged from a GM that told me and I quote, "Yes we know it is not working properly still, we are trying eagerly to fix it, and no we don't have an estimated time frame for it to be complete."

Gotta love Blizzard customer service!

:P
                Lub it on!!!

Comment

I sympathize for the GMs. Nobody really has any idea what it's like in that position.

Yes, your quest is broken.

Be nice about it.

GMs aren't the ones responsible for the issues, that's the programmers. They're the sh*tfilter for the programmers. Yelling at one of them won't get the quest fixed any faster.

And they've heard the story many many times more today, than the milliseconds it took you to write up your ticket.
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Not once did I bash or yell or take attitude with or toward the GM. It took me 30 seconds not a millisecond to inquire about the buggy quest by submitting a ticket :) He answered my question, in a comical matter that we both smiled about during the conversation, to my content. So before you bash me over the head for something I'm not guilty of please choose your words wisely.

My comment, "Gotta love Blizzard customer service!" was not a bashing but more of a joke as many people in the community take what they say with a smile knowing they have their hands full.
                    Last edited by Yotion; 07-07-2006, 11:14 AM.
                    Lub it on!!!

Comment

I dont sympathize AT ALL for GMs or Blizzard. They sold me a product and I expect it to work. When it breaks I expect it fixed.

Problem with games is companies need to realize they need to perfect BOTH these areas in order to succeed.

Yes, GMs are technically at the bottom of the totem pole... but unless you know how it really works at Blizzard you really cant make excuses. Perhaps GMs have a bit of clout and they simply arent using it. Maybe their managers are complete retards. Maybe GMs have to submit TICKETS like we do. Company issues all start from the top and work their way down, but that doesnt excuse any one part - it only subverts responsibility.

Personally, having played many many online games, Blizzard is near the bottom of performance post-production. This goes for GMs too. I've been in other games where GMs answer within minutes and are HUGELY engaged in finding and solving the issue so the game is better for all; i've seen them change code within hours of a problem arrising. If a server goes buggy it's handled immediately. If a server is OVERLOADED and prone to latency issues, they update their hardware or shift players. The list goes on. Blizz aint known for doing any of this stuff with any expediency.

All boils down to dollars and cents really. They're making the most money ever in a game and they'd like to keep it. The company is probably too big to provide good service and quick response. If they did, it'd cost them a fortune. To me though, they should spend it - I seriously doubt it'll really hurt their profit margin a whole heck of a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7
                        I dont sympathize AT ALL for GMs or Blizzard. They sold me a product and I expect it to work. When it breaks I expect it fixed.
                        Wow. The GMs are just referees. That's all. They are there to help fix the most common stuff, deal with griefers, etc. They aren't there to take player's crap, nor are they able to influence the development of the game.

Problem with games is companies need to realize they need to perfect BOTH these areas in order to succeed.
                        Blizzard's coffers say otherwise.

Yes, GMs are technically at the bottom of the totem pole... but unless you know how it really works at Blizzard you really cant make excuses. Perhaps GMs have a bit of clout and they simply arent using it. Maybe their managers are complete retards. Maybe GMs have to submit TICKETS like we do. Company issues all start from the top and work their way down, but that doesnt excuse any one part - it only subverts responsibility.
                        I would submit that Blizzard is new at the MMO thing, and frankly, WoW is one of the most successful MMORPGs ever-they are in uncharted territory in both game management, and continuing support.

Personally, having played many many online games, Blizzard is near the bottom of performance post-production. This goes for GMs too. I've been in other games where GMs answer within minutes and are HUGELY engaged in finding and solving the issue so the game is better for all; i've seen them change code within hours of a problem arrising. If a server goes buggy it's handled immediately. If a server is OVERLOADED and prone to latency issues, they update their hardware or shift players. The list goes on. Blizz aint known for doing any of this stuff with any expediency.
                        And just think: there are 6 million other users complaining every minute as well-even if they do something right.

Personally, I've never seen a company continually roll out new content for a title like Blizzard has with World of Warcraft. There are patches almost monthly, and they just don't fix the game, they add new armor, instances, quests, etc.

And I have to say: some of the lag is behavioral. Everyone logs into IF, because that's where the main AH is, among other reasons. You get zero lag if you log, say, in Darnassus, where noone bothers. Go off the beaten path server wise, and latency and lag dissapear.

You could say: well, I paid for this, they should have the lag fixed! Until they do, maybe you can make a minor adjustment in your own gaming to compensate.

All boils down to dollars and cents really. They're making the most money ever in a game and they'd like to keep it. The company is probably too big to provide good service and quick response. If they did, it'd cost them a fortune. To me though, they should spend it - I seriously doubt it'll really hurt their profit margin a whole heck of a lot.
                        You ever stop to think that Blizzard does not really have a say in how the money is spent? Vivendi owns them, and the rest of the game portfolio is performing ABYSMALLY. Blizzard is the only thing keeping the whole group from being sold off for parts. Make no mistake about it: Blizzard is not in control here.

For someone who plays for hours every night, you sure don't like the game that much. I look at it like this: the game costs me $15 per month, plus the basic game, and the opportunity cost of my hours playing it: if it's not worth it, then I find something else.

Comment

Thank you, Mateo...

If I could give you more rep, I would.:row__523:
                          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Well said Mateo.
                            Well voiced Siulung.

Both sides have valid arguments. Let's just leave it at that :)
                            Lub it on!!!

Comment

Mateo always has a smart outlook. I agree with many, disagree with some.
                              I'd convenienty forgotten that Vivendi is Blizz's boss - that changes everything and speaks volumes.
                              Do I like this game?? Heck yah, but it's NOT because of the game - it's mostly because of TG. Great game still, but without TG - I'm not sure I'd play it.
                              I went through a lot at beta and release with WoW and because of it I left. So my perspective is a bit different.

The game is MUCH better now then it was back then - but like I said, that's no excuse for the former or the latter. I learned long ago not to give these companies so much SLACK.

If you have a sit-down with guys like Lord British or Will Wright, you'll hear them say similar things. "Players let gaming companies get away with murder and shouldnt put up with it." And they're right! I love positive attitude yes, and I will still play the game with my friends, yes... but I'm not gonna gloss it over. Too many people say "well you're playing it anyways so be quiet, you must like it"... or "if it sux so much stop playing"... or "just deal with it". no no no no no no no. This is not smart and does nothing to make the art-form any better. All it does is let the uber-corps feed us crap and take our money.

Is WoW a success? Almost... why do I say "almost"? Because the size of your coffers doesnt make you a success. You could consider many of Sony's "games" (cough cough) successes if you considered this fact. Heck, these days games are a success before they're even released!

Content? Yes, content is pretty good in WoW. But not the best. There are games out there that blow WoW away in the content department. Unfortunately, they of course lack in other areas. And if you remember, the first 6 months had major content issues. This "content" everyone speaks of now was completely missing from the game for a while.

As for GM's... it's largely an arbitrary term - defined by the company that hires them. To ME, a GM should be what G.M. stands for - GAME MASTER. Blizz and many other companies have pretty much washed that moniker away completely. Now, they're just apology-bots. But, I give them credit, I no longer have to wait 24hrs for a response like it was in the beginning.

Anyways, we all could go on and on with this. I like WoW. I like TG. I like playing WoW with TG. AND Blizz needs to get its act together on quite a few things, and I'll continue to rant about it :)

p.s.
                              So is Ony working now????

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...