Unofficial ZG - Upcoming Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial ZG - Upcoming Stuff

Ok guys, this weekend kicked serious butt. Not only did we 2-night MC, but we rocketed through ZG on a whim. I know a lot of you want more ZG time, and we've been focusing on MC and AQ lately, so here's what I'm going to be doing.

ZG is on a 3 day reset timer. Since we raid MC on the weekends, that leaves us a clean raid cycle on at least one day of the weekend, since we don't usually schedule ZG officially on the last day of the cycle. On these off days, during the day, I will be running ZG raids. They will not be official raids, but I will have some rules for them. They are as follows:

1.) Have fun. Expect deaths. It's going to be a zergfest. Your repair bills are your own. If you want to come, expect to repair your armor. If you don't want to take durability, the raid is optional and I can assure you that someone else will be willing to take your spot.

2.) Open loot. You roll on what you want. No rep levels, no class priorities. Good way to get cross-class items, but be respectful to your friends/guildies.

3.) We go until it's reasonable to stop. Leave when/if you want. Try to find a replacement if you're going to go. Again, there are plenty of people willing to replace you.

4.) Group loot. Greed on coins/bijous. If you win a bijou, try to pass. I don't care about greens/coins. Work trades out amongst yourselves.

5.) People from other guilds will be joining us on request. They may take the place of guildies from time to time, unfortunately.

6.) If you annoy me and violate rules 1-5, I will remove you from the raid. Simple as that.

Anyhow, I'll make a post here and in other guild's forums to get these together. They'll start around 12-2 server time depending on when I am willing to come and start things.

Anyhow, we'll see how things go. People need rep, primals, bijous, etc. so this is a good way to get it. PST me with questions!

Re: Unofficial ZG - Upcoming Stuff

(btw this same post will be going on multiple forums)

Comment

Bump

Comment

Heya Ark, if you ever need a mage or hunter i'll gladly come with you guys, it's fun not to be a healer all the time and i don't get to do it that much, so if you have room, look me up : D
        Thunderhorn:
        70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
        70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
        70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
        70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
        70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
        70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
        70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
        Gilneas:
        50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

GL in ZG Ark. I posted a similar idea in the officer forums, but it was the opposite position. I suggested that there be a couple days a week with NO Raids, Especially impromptu ones. We, as a guild need to get into the 5 and 10 man raids more often for the gear and experience there. I suggested that we designate a day or two a week for 5 and 10 man raids only, so people could plan ahead and get a guild group together for one of these instances without fear of missing one of these "impromptu" raids. I will not be attending any ZG runs, but instead try to get some smaller instance runs together. I think these will interfere with one another, but all I can do is try.
          Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Don't forget rule 7

LISTEN to Ark when he is talking on Comms. Do what is asked so we don't wipe too often.

Comment

As was part of the discussion in guild chat the other day, I think we definitely need to get the 5/10 man stuff done for some of our newer 60s (including alts), but as Luna said, PUGs are part of the game. These ZG runs will be PUGs, and as far as I see it, are in the same position as a 5man scarlet or something similar.

Pretty soon ZG will be down to 1 day. In fact, I'm planning on 5 aspects + hakkar tonight, so that will leave a day free later. Perhaps we'll be getting into AQ20 instead, I dunno. I'll leave that up to the raid group to decide.

These weekend afternoon runs came as a response to people unavailable to make weekend night raids or weekday raids. As I said in the rules, if you don't want to come, don't. We won't be offended.

Comment

*cough* Razorgore *cough*

Just kidding....kinda....but how about also helping people with rep grinding? Or let's get cracking on getting everyone their onyxia cloak.

Just a suggestion.
                "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

I loved the Saturday ZG, so count me in on the next one!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                  Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                  Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Just remember - a 20man ZG run takes 20 people out of the 5-10 man pool, greatly reducing the guildies available for other runs. This assures PUGS, which are really only viable at lower levels. I have not done a successful PUG in any 50+ instance for >3 months. Once in a great while, you get a 4-man from a guild who picks you up as a fifth, and it goes well, but a true pug seems never to go well at higher level instances. Dying is not the problem... spending 5-6 hours in a 2.5 hour instance and still not getting it done is the problem. Your ZG runs will kill any guild 5-10 man runs, as do the guild sanctioned ones. We simply don't have enough regular players, and we seemed to have capped ourselves here until we balance out classes.
                    Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

True Fri...But I think this is a good problem to have. We have the ability to form a 20 man raid on a whim to clear ZG. When that happens, after the raid is done, it is much easier to ask someone to go help so and so with a BRD or something of that nature. That's how Elmyn got his BRD quests done.

Comment

Originally posted by Anah
                        Just remember - a 20man ZG run takes 20 people out of the 5-10 man pool, greatly reducing the guildies available for other runs. This assures PUGS, which are really only viable at lower levels. I have not done a successful PUG in any 50+ instance for >3 months. Once in a great while, you get a 4-man from a guild who picks you up as a fifth, and it goes well, but a true pug seems never to go well at higher level instances. Dying is not the problem... spending 5-6 hours in a 2.5 hour instance and still not getting it done is the problem. Your ZG runs will kill any guild 5-10 man runs, as do the guild sanctioned ones. We simply don't have enough regular players, and we seemed to have capped ourselves here until we balance out classes.
                        No what I'm saying is I'm bringing other people from outside the guild in on these runs. Palso and Destined people might come, as might some Imminent people. I'm going first-come, first-serve based on experience, gear and who PSTs me first.

The purpose of this post is just as an FYI to people who may be interested. In all likelihood many of these runs will only have 5-6 TGers and the rest will be Legacy, Destined, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Anah
                          Fri,

I'm always up for a Strat or Scholo run. I'm less motivated by LBRS and UBRS simply because they take a lot more time and for UBRS it's tougher to get 10 people. Not to mention I inevitably wind up tanking UBRS and walk away with a 10g repair bill and 2g in goodies.

I thoroughly enjoy a tour through downtown Strat almost any time as long as we're not starting them at 10:30 server. :)
                          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Originally posted by borghest
                            Bump
                            ???? the post was like an hour old