Pulling Sons of Hakkar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling Sons of Hakkar

Does anyone know if you are able to FD and trap before you pull the sons to the group? Last night I tried miserably to do so. I hit FD but could not drop a trap. Are unable to drop combat after hitting FD? Any suggestions from the other hunters on how to pull these more efficiently? Just wanted to get better understanding for the next time. ;)

Thanks!
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: Pulling Sons of Hakkar

I believe most hunters have a macro to FD and trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Muirc
      Does anyone know if you are able to FD and trap before you pull the sons to the group? Last night I tried miserably to do so. I hit FD but could not drop a trap. Are unable to drop combat after hitting FD? Any suggestions from the other hunters on how to pull these more efficiently? Just wanted to get better understanding for the next time. ;)

Thanks!
      Yes..you can..Don't even have your pet up for this fight. At the top of the stairs, FD, lay ice trap, then go get the Son. I only had it happen once that I was still in battle when I FD'ed. So it must have been lag.

Comment

*gasp* Phantom that's obscene! I'm old school so everything is done by hand!

Some things to note:
        • If you or your pet do damage you get tossed into combat
        • If you or your pet take damage you get tossed into combat
        • If you or your pet get debuffed you get tossed into combat
        • During boss fights there are 'combat pulses' that hit the entire instance every few seconds. These pulses throw everyone in the instance back into combat if they left it with Feign Death, Diving Intervention, or Vanish. This was to fix hunters/rogues from leaving combat and rezzing with jumper cables.

That means if you want to combat trap a son while fighting Hakkar you:
        Cannot have corrupted blood or tainted blood on your or your pet.
        Your pet cannot be out and attacking Hakkar.
        Cannot have a DoT (serpent sting) on Hakkar.
        Have to dodge the combat pulse or wait for it to fade away and stay FDed for 5 seconds longer.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Oh ok.....more clarity......thanks Tarenth and Altor.....the first attempt I probably had a debuff and for the second attempt I think I tried to help out with Hakkar between pulls so you know us hunters-serpent sting is a reaction :P Good info.....next time I'll be prepared :D
          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Also maybe next time have the hunters alternate the pulls so as not to pull at less than full health.

Comment

Also, could we not just trap down at the bottom of the stairs where the patrol is so we can either break it or when it does break he heads up the stairs? I'm talking about trapping well in advance because sometimes when asked to pull the pat is on the other side of the temple. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Here is what I do with this...Right after the health drain, I FD at the top of the stairs and lay an ice trap down. I then go hit a Son (sometimes, you have to wait a second for it to spawn) and run it into the trap. I then say Son in Trap on Top in TS. Then when the raid leader can call out for the son to be taken down when he feels it is needed. If you wait till later, you run the risk of having to hurry to bring the Son down.

As for alternating hunters, I thought about that too. But I don't think it would be the best thing. That could be confusing. As long as the hunter has a health pot, cookie, and bandages..they should be ok...Just tell a Pally to heal you if you need it. Ark did a great job on me when we did Hakkar this past weekend.

Comment

Yeah, pulling the sons is tricky. I try to focus on keeping that hunter alive, but sometimes he slips from my grasp! Also, you can pull from the top of the altar.

Comment

Sometimes pulling from the top of the altar is the best because you're in range of heals all the time and don't have to tank the son if it catches up to you down below. Just run along the top and peek over the edge and fire off a concussion at the son to pull it. Then run to the top of the stairs to meet it with a scattershot and combat trap it into some ice. The alternative is to call for a mage to sheep it if the trap fails.

OR you can be lazy and FD at the bottom of the stairs and drop an ice trap at the edge of the pat route before running back up. The son will walk into the trap on its own and you can either break it to bring it up or let it fade on its own for the son to fly up aggroed.
                    My sanity is not in question...
                    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X