Raid signup site issues/suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid signup site issues/suggestions

I thought I'd start this thread to point out some technical problems with the raid signup site and also to make some suggestions on how it could be improved.

1. The raids are often not listed in chronological order

2. It would be nice if the "Upcoming Raids" section were at the very top of the main page, instead of all the instructions and such.

3. I think it would be cool if you could tell which raids you were signed up for (and which you were in the queue for) on the main page. Like, maybe color the particular class numbers differently if you're signed up. For example, if I'm signed up for MC on 7/22, instead of the "5/5" for rogues being white, it's green (or whatever). And if I'm in the queue for that raid, it's yellow. It would just be an easier way to quickly see which raids you've signed up for without going into each one.

4. It seems that the queue does not populate into the signed up sections properly. In other words, if there are two rogues signed up for ZG and two in the queue, if one of the signed up rogues drops, neither of the two in queue are pushed into signed up status.

5. Sort of going along with the last issue... for some reason it seems that when a full class slot is made not full by someone deleting their signup, that class then becomes impossible to sign up for; you can only be put into the queue. So for example, if Ricca and I sign up for ZG, then both delete our signups, it seems that no other rogue will be able to fill those slots. Instead they'll just be thrown into the queue. This isn't a huge problem, but it should probably be fixed anyway.

6. My biggest issue is that you're not allowed to add/edit notes for your signup without deleting it. Often I will signup well before the raid, and in the days leading up to it find out that I may be a tad late or whatever. I'd like to be able to put that info in the notes, but I have to delete my signup to do that which could potentially lose me a spot if there are other rogues in the queue who will then have an earlier signup date than me. This happened with me just now for the ZG run tonight. I am now third in line for a rogue spot after adding my note, even though I initially signed up over a week ago.

I understand that making changes to the signup site takes time and effort that people don't always have. I just figured that getting some suggestions out there and identifying a few problems could be good for whenever the site is worked on.

Also, if whoever works on that site needs any help, I have a good deal of experience with websites. I'm not all that familiar with php (I've mainly worked with Microsoft server-side code), but I'm sure I could figure it out. Just let me know.
    Ninja

Re: Raid signup site issues/suggestions

1.) that has to do with when they were added.
    2.) not configurable by default, would have to do modifying to the site code.
    3.) Need to modify the site code.
    4.) I don't believe thats how the queue was ever designed. I'm pretty sure if you've seen a "move" from one to another, either the player did it, or an officer did.
    5.) Bug, would need to locate the bug, and modify the site code to repair the issue.
    6.) Not configurable by default, would need to change the site code.

All and all, it would be great to have some of these changes, but perhaps these suggestions would be better off on their website, www.spiffyjr.com

Note that we don't have the latest and ?greatest? version on the site right now, we're a few revisions behind.

I'm sure it could be updated, but there really aren't any necessities here. If there were, I would bring it to Apophis myself. You can bring it to him if you really want to, but I would suggest getting the work done prior to asking if we can fix it. Theres a ton of content and general 'stuff' on the tacticalgamer website that he takes care of. Something such as this would take a fairly good amount of time.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Going over the link from spiffyjr.com, it looks like most of the suggestions that Gaviin has brought up are already available in the newest version. Would it be difficult to upgrade to the latest and greatest version?

Here is the link to the page: http://www.spiffyjr.com/phpraid_changelog.php
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Yea I've already installed the newest version on my personal website for testing purposes. Works very nicely and is very clean.

1.)Repaired in latest Version.
        2.)Still here, just need less news, thats all.
        3.)Green Checkmark next to raids you have signed up on
        4.)Wasn't really a bug, just wasn't designed as a feature since people who signed up for Queue diddn't necessarily guarantee that they could be there, and having them in auto-pushed would be counter-effective to that. When I sign up for Queue it's because I don't know if I'll be there on that day.
        5.)Don't know if it's fixed, but I would wager that it is.
        6.)Fixed in latest version.

as for updating the version we have to the new one, I could do it if I had the permissions, but still, most of the changes aren't "Necessary" changes. So I'll suggest it to Apophis, but It will probably take time and It might be easier just to reset everything to default and start over new.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

If you would like to see the newest version running, Apophis is the guy who can help.

Comment

Already PM'd him Luna.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

If you check out your profile it lists which raids you have already signed up for, it just doesn't tell you which ones you still need to sign up for.

I for one HATE the 'you must delete' feature of the site. If I need to drop myself onto the que due to being late or the possibility of missing the raid due to work I'd have to delete the original sign-in time and place myself on the que after several other people with a later date to boot. Much easier to message someone and let my spot on the confirmed list rot, but that makes people think slots are full and its not worth coming on line to check.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
                I for one HATE the 'you must delete' feature of the site. If I need to drop myself onto the que due to being late or the possibility of missing the raid due to work I'd have to delete the original sign-in time and place myself on the que after several other people with a later date to boot. Much easier to message someone and let my spot on the confirmed list rot, but that makes people think slots are full and its not worth coming on line to check.
                There is a little arrow that lets you move to the queue / signup in the latest version.
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

So is there any update on the possibility of getting the latest version up and running for TG? From the sound of things it would be a very nice improvement.
                  Ninja

Comment

Vin is going through the proper channels (Apo)...Apo is a busy man and shouldn't be rushed.

Comment

Who's rushing anyone? I was just wondering if there was an update.
                      Ninja

Comment

Apophis or I, will let us know when theres an update to be known =)

He's probably still worn out from doing the stuff for us last time =D
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Vin has an almost working update of the site now in the approval stage for Apo. We are trying...Vin said there are some issues with IE...Firefox is ok...

Basically Vin has overhauled it as well as updated it...it looks awesome, but isn't ready for use....yet.

Comment

pff... IE... who uses that piece of crap still anyway?? :row__644:

Seriously though, that's great news. I, and I'm sure everyone else, really appreciate the work you guys (and from the sound of it, especially Vin) are putting into it. I'm looking forward to checking out the end product. :row__572:
                            Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X