http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00200000000000

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: NEW Spec! AND IM LOVIN' IT!

u must like to resist in mc alot
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I've been seriously thinkin of goin that spec Zedd. Right now as you know I'm still exclusively Arcane with some frost. I just love having lots of mana and resists/antiresists.

But, alas, damage per encounter is where it's at. So either I'm gonna respec to this one or start switching to DPS gear to take advantage of the mana gain more effectively.

Comment

That's a hell of a nice spec. It's good to see mages going fire despite the fact that MC is fire based. There's a lot we're doing not in MC and this build will certainly be mega useful in the 20man stuff.

Comment

Yes BUT with Elemental Precision and Arc. Sub. they won't resist as much, when i was fire spec b4 what i saw mostly was either a full resist or no resist. So with an increased 6% chance to NOT be resisted and even more with Arc. Sub. it should go well, also with they was combustion works now, i can GAURENTE three crits with Pyroblast, all do ~1200 (more with ToEP) and then they also burn for an extra 600. Plus with the Imp. Scorch I gain an extra 15% fire damage, also with all the +crit and Master of Elements, I won't run out of mana real fast.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven
            Yes BUT with Elemental Precision and Arc. Sub. they won't resist as much, when i was fire spec b4 what i saw mostly was either a full resist or no resist. So with an increased 6% chance to NOT be resisted and even more with Arc. Sub. it should go well, also with they was combustion works now, i can GAURENTE three crits with Pyroblast, all do ~1200 (more with ToEP) and then they also burn for an extra 600. Plus with the Imp. Scorch I gain an extra 15% fire damage, also with all the +crit and Master of Elements, I won't run out of mana real fast.
            Precisely. I've actually been very successful using fire in MC, and thats even WITHOUT improved scorch. No reason you cant use it in there aside from just looking different then everyone else firing missiles and ice.
            I came across a nice ring the other day that adds like 30 damage to all fire spells plus resist... would come in handy with a spec like that

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven
              OK, you are sayin' you are crit'in at around 1200 damage or so? I thought mages were supposed to be doin' mega-damage. What are typical crit values for various classes? Dreadd crits around 1800-2000 or so, but i've heard some of the hunters and warriors saying they crit well over that.

Comment

yes.. mages do mega damage when there are many targets... mages are the king of AOE.. notice damage meters when the 5 core hounds before luci and mag... mages will go from about 6th in damage to pwn-all-first... because the more targets the raid is dealing with.. the more dps a mage does... single target damage... rogues and hunters own at that... my typical crit with aimed shot is 2400... with an over-the-top-rare crit being 3k (best ever in BG was 3102... poor mage) as for warriors big crits.. those are normally executes, which basically takes all their rage... and converts it into damage... ( i think every point of rage is equal to 30 damage or something... on top of normal hit or something