Let's try to do ALL of MC tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's try to do ALL of MC tonight

If we could do that, we would have SO much more time for other instances (AQ40/BWL)

Re: Let's try to do ALL of MC tonight

I'm thinking that will be a bit much for us in one night, if we don't want to be up until 3am. We will go up to Domo, and save him and Rag for tomorrow. We still haven't perfected either of those fights, and they deserve our best efforts. I'm thinking that starting them at midnight would mean we'll all be half asleep while trying to do our best work.

MC will be a one-night event for us soon enough! Let's not burn ourselves out before we get there. :)

Comment

personal time...

Originally posted by Altor
      If we could do that, we would have SO much more time for other instances (AQ40/BWL)
      Here here!!

Now,
      Is there a reason NOT to do all of it besides personal TIME? I realize people have much to do, but realistically only being on average able to play for 2 hours a night is not gonna really cut it in the long run, especially for the longer instances.

Getting it on "farm status" where we can walk through in 2 seconds is one thing. But completing zones in one sitting just seems like the biggest problem is keeping people in-game.

I, personally, will be standing-by tonite (im in the queue) to fill in spots for people that have to leave. If a LOT of people do this, then it'd make it a whole lot easier to complete the whole zone right?

Also, people need to learn to hold their concentration. Take some Adderall. Drink some Mountain Dew. Coffee... ANYTHING. Take last night for instance, yah - we were in AQ for a while... but we started late for one thing and after 2 real tries at Buru we just scattered like roaches in the light. I was ready to keep on goin... part of the reason I spam if anyone needs repair bots before all raids - with bots around at least u can compel people to stick around. Heck, I'd have stayed last night just to farm scarab repops, etc.

Anyways, just my thoughts. I'm used to playing MMO/RTS in LOOOONG sessions. Many a night on MANY a game with TG have I and others stayed up late to PWN the competition. I look at WoW just like all the other games... gotta put in the time.

Siu

Comment

/mourn
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

While part of me feels energized and pumped with adrenaline after recent successes in MC/AQ20 etc...

The other side of me is concerned about hubris, that age-old fury that drove sailors and corsairs to their respective doom(s). As it stands now, Friday night is basically wholesale DKP night. Saturday and Sunday, depending on prior successes, are a crap-shoot, with us either wiping on Domo or wtfbbqsirloinsteakpewpewlazorz pwning Rag (truth be told, this has only happened once, so far...). Until we can stabilize success, I am uneasy about reckelssly plowing ahead, especially with gear disparity being a major issue.

I am confident, nay, CERTAIN that we will have continued success in these instances, but I would err to the side of caution and really, really focus before we lose ourselves in the flames and sands of BWL and AQ40.

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

I LOVE the idea of a one night MC clear. It's very possible to do MC in under 4 hours, in fact many guilds are pushing the 3 hour barrier. With that said, I don't think we're ready for a full MC clear and here's why.

1. People aren't in the instance buffed, locked and loaded ready to go at start time. At 8:00 server last week there were still people in SW, people afk and people gathering things that should have been in their inventory at 7:00. Start time isn't a time for you to think about traveling to the instance, its a time when you should be in there clearing the instance. At 8:00pm when Ark or Crebis says pull, there should be 40 people ready to go to town. That type of commitment to excellence is what makes TG what it is!

2. It takes us an ETERNITY to distribute loot after boss kills. It shouldn't either because TG has one of the best loot distribution systems I've seen. Automated DKP, are you kidding me that's awesome. Here's what has to happen. The classes need to be able to decide amongst themselves who wants what as soon as it drops. Spending 10 minutes for a class to decide who wants to roll on something is simply absurd. At this point everyone should have a good handle on what the bosses drop. You all know your dkp and you should know whether you want the item. Firgure it out beforehand. I'd say every class gets between 1-1.5 minutes to decided before it goes to other eligibles. If no one claims it after 2.5 minutes then it gets DE'd. We could EASILY cut 45 minutes off a raid with better loot distribution.

3. People not being focused. We've all done MC enough to pretty much know what every fight entails. Unless you've never done it before you there's not really any reason for Arakamis to explain the entire fight each time. This is a HUGE time sink. There really shouldn't ever be a reason for accidental aggro either. Everyone know's where there supposed to be so if you charge into the imps then it's likely you're not paying attention. Finally, my biggest pet peeve, people not surrounding the damn Reavers, Firelords, Flames etc. If you're not a melee class you can't understand how mind numbingly frustrating it is to have to chase a damn mob back and forth because others won't close in on it. You can still cast, heal or whatever from 20 feet, there's no need to be a max range.

4. People going AFK or having to leave the raid early. I understand that sometimes there are situations where people have to go AFK, that's just life. HOWEVER, people going AFK for 10 minutes after a boss kill is probably stretching it. If you need to leave the raid early, I'd recommend you find a replacement and be responsible for them being at the front door ready to roll. If you can't make a commitment to more than an hour of raiding then maybe you shouldn't be there. Every time we have to stop and summon someone or wait for someone we add precious minutes to the raid.

5. Whacked out dps and aggro. We all know that some classes are capable of insane amounts of dps. Damage meters are probably the worst thing to ever happen to WoW because everyone becomes focused on showing how l33t they are by being at the top. HOWEVER, if you pull aggro off Beep or Phantom it adds time to every single kill. First you have to let them reaquire aggro, then you have to spend time rezzing those that got WTFPWN'd when the mob got loose. Again, more minutes added to the raid.

I apologize if those observations and suggestions sound harsh but I'm not usually one to sugarcoat things. They're just my observations and suggestions, nothing more. This guild is more than capable of a one night MC clear, its just gonna take a bit more discipline and focus.

This is a FANTASTIC guild with a ton of very talentend players. We just need to get our game faces on and focus in on the task. MC isn't a stroll through Stratholme, it's a garage sale of Epics. Just think, clearing MC in one night means additional nights to gather more phat loot. :P
            “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Agreed, Amrod. We'll get MC to one night soon, and I'm hoping that we can make Friday/Saturday BWL night and Sunday MC night.

However, before we even talk of moving things into one night, we need to talk about moving things along in the raid.

Everyone here knows I like moving fast in a raid, and we've been KICKING BUTT at doing that lately. However, there are a few more things I'd like to see being done in MC raids. I'll enumerate them here; mind you, I'm not singling anyone out.

1.) Immediate damage, but LIGHT damage. Basically, when I'm leading a raid I leave it up to each individual player to mind his damage. I'm not gonna call anyone out for early damage. In fact, I don't care much about early damage anymore. Only two things can happen if you pull aggro: a.) you die. b.) you survive because our gear and our healers can keep you alive a tad longer. Basically we don't need to tiptoe through the tulips in MC anymore. If you're worried about your repair bills, don't do early damage. Screw the damage meters guys, it's not a competition; it's a raid.

1a.) Corollary to (1). MAX RANGE = BAD BAD BAD. If you pull aggro, (and you will) DON'T, FOR THE LOVE OF THOR, BE AT MAX RANGE. Most of the MC mobs CANNOT hurt you at 15 yards out. And if they do, oh well. You'll take 1200 damage once and then the mob will be dead. As we chain pull, move UP to meet the challenge. Don't worry about being too close. If you're 10 yards behind the tanks, you're in perfect position for EVERYTHING because if we catch adds, it's not your fault and the healers don't have to worry about range.

2.) Loot. We wasted over an hour last friday doing loot. Pay attention when bosses die. Don't go AFK. Don't go bio. If you're talking it over with your class, PLEASE whisper the ML to hold an extra 15 seconds. Don't leave him/her hanging, otherwise you're holding us all up. It should be like that Luci kill we had a few weeks ago: "ok, this, these classes, bid or pass. Ok good next... bid or pass... good, ok mags!"

3.) AFKs/Bios -- take em when you need to go. Don't expect 39 people to wait for you. How many times have we killed the same trash mobs with a raid that was 8 people short? I'm not saying you're not a critical part of the raid, but we CAN go another couple pulls without your damage/healing. Do what you need to do and put someone on autofollow (I generally always autofollow Friolator, as he is always in a good spot to not get me killed! Thanks fri!) We'll certainly take a few minute break every now and again, but please, no bladder bursting because you're waiting for a raid stop! I'd hate to have that on my conscience =P

4.) If you're not applicable for loot that dropped, then get yourself ready for the next pull: move into position, switch gear, buff applicable classes. If rogue/pally gear drops, mages don't need to stand around waiting. Take a bio, check your buffs, etc.

Once we get these things working more smoothly, we can melt MC in no time at all. Trust me, BWL is quite the opposite of MC.

Comment

Arkamis,

You frighten me :)

Get out of my head!!
                “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

I've been thinking about the loot process, however I can't speak for what goes on Fridays since I get to miss those raids.

I will not be posting the Top DKP anymore. Unless specifically Requested. The mod I have allows players to /w Shalthazar !dkp name [insertnamehere] to find out exactly where you stand in relation to everyone else. No, it's not where you stand within your class, but theres no reason people can't be aware of their standing and their class standing prior to a raid. (PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE LOOT TIME, NOT DURING!!!)

When I'm running the loot, you will whisper me if interested, class discussion will be taken into consideration post the whispering process and the highest bidder of applicable classes will aquire the item.

I'm going to run with that on Saturday and see how it goes... just hoping I get to see some bosses on Saturday...
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Bear,

I havent had the pleasure of raiding with you yet.. but I like the way think. Very well said!!

Ark,

Keep up the good work.. You have helped speed up our time in MC and was something I appreciated very much.

Comment

I wonder if it would make sense to have class leaders heavily involved in monitoring DKP within their class, and knowing who needs what, so they can say so. Our class channels are great for this. 9 times out of 10, when pally loot drops, I know right away who it's going to, and that person knows it's them. I think people just need to pay some attention to the loot. You have 30 secs to bid, or you pass automatically. No more of us calling out specific people who we want to hear from. If you aren't on top of the loot enough to whisper bid, then you pass.

Seems simple enough to me!

Comment

K, this has been a long time coming. Mages and priests need to be at max range - core packs especially. At max range I can completely avoid that attract flame debuff and the pyro-blast stun. This is good because I'm much squishier than those melee classes that are sick of chasing mobs around. If I grab aggro, it should be my responsibility to blink to the tank, or run forward to the tank, but under normal circumstances I'm going to do much more good from max range (36 yds with frostbolt), and I will survive the fight much better. You guys don't take as much damage as we do with your better armor, and you have many more HP than we do, so it's not a big deal. It is to us. Let us stay at max range and run to the tank if we pull aggro (much the same way I'd like to fight Shazzra so we could spread out and not lose an entire 3rd of the raid at once).

I'd also like to point out, that we would be better served drinking on our spot rather than moving up to the group. When we move up to the group, and the group pulls a mob, we go into combat many times and can't drink... We also often take damage and it interrupts our drinking/eating. We aren't doing you any good drinking, so why should we be there to take damage, we can catch up and get range in 20 seconds or so and be at full health/mana and much more useful. I'm frankly a little sick of taking damage, and sometimes dieing, needlessly in the name of moving the raid at a quicker pace. We can move quickly without the raid leader worrying about the 2 mages who are drinking and haven't moved up with the group. If we aren't ready or at keyboard you're not going to wait on the pull anyway, so who cares.
                        Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Well said, Bear and Ark.
                          Ninja

Comment

But if you catch aggro at max range, the tank can't get back in time. Also, if healers are at max range and the tank has to move to turn, he can get out of range. Further, rocks NEED to be fought at under 20 yards: Annihilators and surgers mainly. Reavers you should be at 15 yards, Lava Elementals will Pyroclast Barrage you from any range that you can damage them from. I've been PB'd at over 50 yards.

Full mana is not needed in MC at any point except a boss fight, and we only need to stop for mana after every few pulls.

Mage water is free, and if you're OOM you can sit a mob out without worrying. I go through MC with less than 1200 mana most of the time because I'm busy judging wisdom on multiple targets. Use that to your advantage; I use it to mine.

Comment

You are wrong. If I am at max range (36 yds) I do not get hit by the pyroblast. This has been repeatedly tested. I understand about mage water and not needing full mana, but I don't understand why we need to be in damage range to drink. We are often hit while drinking, thus keeping us at 15% mana instead of 60%. Palis have secondary physical damage, and thier judgements don't cost much. Squishies don't have that luxury. We have mana, or are useless, and probably dead if we are taking damage without mana.
                              Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X