Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buru: What went wrong?

Okay guys,
    This being my 2nd time in AQ20, both times gettin smacked by Buru... what are we doing wrong? Is there another strategy we need to employ? Do we need more of certain classes? Do we need more uber-gear? I know I need uber-gear! (if i'm holdin the group back I'll gladly sit out the fight)

Anyways, I'm just tryin to figure it out - many heads are better then one.

I know we kept getting CLOSE to downing him, but we're also nearly completely dead at the time and there's basically a few mages and locks left to put him down. All the while tryin to dodge hatchlings.

I will say the nat. pots really helped a lot and if it werent for the hatchlings I wouldve been able to stay up to put him down.

Also, mages were probably stuck in mage armor at the time of gettin wiped by the hatchlings... by the time we switch it's a bit too late. I figure let the pot do its work and then switch to ice armor towards the end before the hatchlings take a bite. Do the hatchlings do nat. physical damage? just physical damage?

Perhaps the fear rotation needs to be upped or worked out? Someone needs to be on bandage duty? More heals to DPS? Battle-reses?

I dunno, seems like such a fine line. I hate losin' no matter what. And I hate going to bed not the victor - just kills me. (im a competitive person)

Siu

Re: Buru: What went wrong?

It's a damage race at that point, nothing more. We need to time the last egg to burst at 21%, nothing more nothing less. Also, we need to stay AS A GROUP that whole time during the fight.

The poison cannot be healed out of effectively. The ideal situation in phase 2 of Buru is to be clustered together, land hard, heavy DPS and keep yourselves healed as much as possible. Health stones and Health potions buy you an extra 5-10 seconds of damage during that phase.

A lot of time it's hard to find the next egg. There's a number of factors I have to consider when I call damage on the next egg, and unfortunately most of the time the egg I really would like to go to isn't respawned yet.

The way I'm going to call it next time is similar to the way we've been doing it, except when we blow up the egg it's going to be JUST two melee classes on the egg, preferrably a paladin and rogue. The rest of the raid group is going to stay clustered and move to the next egg and damage that. Melee will handle the spawn and then move in. Moving to the next egg will allow people to not take the explosion damage in the form of 500 nature damage, and allow them to take their nature protection potion at the start of the fight so that they'll have other potions off cooldown for phase 2.

What we were doing wrong was we were way too vocal during that fight and not focusing. We need to stay together, and those with defined roles know how to do them. Every one else has to move as a unit.

At 21-22% we can take some time and position ourselves by an egg of our choosing and then bandage ourselves up. Then we need to work fears: warriors first, then priests, then locks. Warlocks should have their Voidwalkers out for this fight so they can sac it for extra longevity. Then we have everything we need to handle that last few seconds of damage, then the debuff goes away, we can heal up, and handle the spawns with AOE/single/whatever.

Comment

Here's what I observed during the last phase...

Buru was easily targeted but couldn't be hit unless I was centered under him.

With ppl spread out, I couldn't stand in the "sweet spot" and do consistent damage...my dps (meager though it is) was halved as I was chasing him almost non-stop.

Warriors should switch to berserker or battle stance and spam execute...with the plague in place, rage is not an issue...dying too soon is.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

If we had 1 or 2 more locks (for fear), that might have helped as well. Also, the nature pot will take the place of your healing pot...Pop the pot BEFORE he pops his top. I would think during the last egg. The egg does do about 500 nature damage. But that will allow you a to down a 1500 heal pot doing it that way. We only need 5 seconds (each person) to finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by beep
          Here's what I observed during the last phase...

Buru was easily targeted but couldn't be hit unless I was centered under him.

With ppl spread out, I couldn't stand in the "sweet spot" and do consistent damage...my dps (meager though it is) was halved as I was chasing him almost non-stop.

Warriors should switch to berserker or battle stance and spam execute...with the plague in place, rage is not an issue...dying too soon is.
          Just fear them adds! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis
            Just fear them adds! :D
            3 min cooldown after fear...already do that!!
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep
              3 min cooldown after fear...already do that!!
              LOL I know it sucks! But it would suck a lot to also go ZOMGPWNEXECUTE then "err, no rage for fear omg dying noooooo" =P

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis
                LOL I know it sucks! But it would suck a lot to also go ZOMGPWNEXECUTE then "err, no rage for fear omg dying noooooo" =P
                Actually, inthat fight, once devouring plague is in place, rage generates faster than you can dump it.
                Beep

Comment

Our guild video...

http://eating.grass.all.day.and.gene...ru.4.27.06.avi
                  Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse