Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Bosses and more in leiu of 40-man dungeons

Hey guys,
    the other night (rather late I might add) I got sucked into a random 40-man to try to kill Lethon (laugh). Needless to say it ended badly with Horde sneaking up and pwning us all - i think it was a setup.

Anyways, I was thinking to try to down these guys might be a good alternate thing to do in the time-being during the week when we dont have 40-mans. Just figure we put "world boss" in the raid schedule and hope that at least ONE of em is up. OR, we just throw it together at the last minute.

The other idea is simply to do more collective PvP, like sneaking into Orgrimmar and downing Thrall for uber-reputation. Or trying to down a wyvern master in Tauren land or something. Would be fun and would help us do more together and hone our skills. Plus, a few of the NPCs drop leet gear. All of this and maybe throwing in Xroads.

Just an idea...

Re: World Bosses and more in leiu of 40-man dungeons

I think I spelled lieu wrong...

Comment

We're getting to the point where planning an outing such as this will yeild nothing but bad results. Why? Because everything we plan / setup is viewable by the public. We'd be kidding ourselves thinking that there is nobody from outside our guild, even our alliance, check the schedules to see if we were naieve enough to put "World Dragon Attempt" or "Attack on Thrall" on the raid signup site.

We would, in essence, be setting ourselves up planning this not on a whim.
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Good point, the raid schedule is public isnt it?
        Welp - it's gonna have to be "incognito" then.

"Umm... yah, we're doin BWL tonite!"
        "Psych! we're just kiddin, we're goin to kill Lethon"

Comment

The best way to hit the world dragons is to have a raid ready to go before Ony or whatnot on Sunday nights. That's when they're usually up; Havok is always ninja'ing them. Imminent focuses on Naxx, and who knows what Oath is up to. Reverent and Destined will sneak into some when they can, so it's a race. We had fun with Emeriss last weekend, and we could have downed him if we had the time/energy. maybe this weekend we'll get lucky with Ysondre :)

Comment

Heh. Why don't we put "Orgrimmar Raid" on the raid sign up, have everyone fill it up and the que, then just not show up.

We can see if Shal's theory is true. ;)
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

ooo and we'll plant horde spies in Org for when the raid is supposed to start.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Plan an ogermar raid and hit thunder bluff or Undercity instead
                "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

thus again... the hordies can see what we are typing RIGHT NOW