Raid sign ups!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid sign ups!!!

Ok what im seeing is the same people in the Q and the same people in the raid every week..As the rogue officer will be doing is rotating the rogues so everyone will have a chance of going to MC..It is other classes that have the same problem here as well.. But as Officers it is our duties to ensure that every one can be a part of MC also considering it is our only dkp instance that we are working on..So just because you sign up first does not mean that you are guarantied a spot so check back on the site to make sure you are still in the raid on the day you signed up for..If not and you have gotten moved to the Q ..Please dont argue because one day it may as well be you who gets bumped up to the raid..

If you are the one that got bumped out of a raid then you will be the first in the Q in case someone is late or a no show..
    Last edited by Ricca; 07-28-2006, 03:14 PM.
    Candrice 63 Warrior
    Ricca 70 Rogue
    Machelle 70 Mage
    Enya 74 Druid

Re: Raid sign ups!!!

I agree Ricca...Everyone should get an opportunity to go. I have no problems being bumped for someone else.

Comment

I tottaly agree with this. I have no clue when the new raid signups go out but I know by the time I get a chance to sign up all the spots are full and usually of the same groups a people every week. They change a little here and there but mostly the same group. I am not saying I never get in on raids becasue I do but it has been a loooong time since I had a gauranteed spot and didn't have to just show up and hope thre was enough room to slip me in somewhere. To those of you have been able to get me in...Thanks a bunch you know who you are.
      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I have seen a bit of a rotation with the mages. Plenty of raids Fri hasn't signed up in time for, but I have seen different mages making it in. Please let me know if your 60 mage has not seen any MC time recently, but has been trying to sign up, and I'll rotate you in. Make sure you are queueing if the slots are taken or we won't know you are trying to go.
        Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

I agree with this as well, as long as a person isn't getting substituted for someone who isn't geared up enough. This sort of touches on Crebis's thread, but I don't think we should be allowing people who have a good number of green items into places like MC. It hurts the raid, and it perhaps means that the person hasn't done enough 5-10 man runs to get the proper experience and tier 0 set, etc. Plus it means that someone who *has* done all these things doesn't get a chance to go and have fun doing what that person has, in my opinion, earned.

Not my call though. And keep in mind this isn't exactly a bad problem to have.

EDIT: I see now that this was sort of aimed at me. I know that I sign up for raids very quickly and consistently. Hell, that's why I joined this guild. I want to go on as many runs as possible. If it bothers the class leaders when people do this, then I don't know what to say.

As for this case, Ricca... you bumped me out of a ZG raid last week because of this reason. I ended up going because there was a slot open, but I was still bumped. I'm wondering why I'm now again first on the chopping block. Personally I don't think this is fair.
          Ninja

Comment

No Gaviin it wasnt aimed at you personnally ... I try to be fair and the more you raid the more might have a chance to get bumped...But like I said if you do that doesnt mean that you wont get to go still look at the zg raid...Your not being targeted or anything like that you werent the only one that was bumped.. and for the others that want to go that have blue items they will never get geared if we dont give them the chance to go...If you notice im not even on for Sat as well cause im trying to let others as well go..

The ones that go for the bigger bosses will have to be geared or we will never get them down so we wouldnt be taken anyone who has all green gear...

See the ones that get bumped this time it will be a while before they are bumped again it will be rotated and I will keep up with it with the rogues any way..

As for ZG raids when you have 2 slots and 7 rogues and the same ones sign up, well yes we do have to share the slots but MC is diffrent We have more slots to fill and I picked the one that raided the most this week it so happen to be you and another rogue so dont take it personnaly...

and be on because you are still first in Q so if he doesnt show you still can go..

This isnt just for the rogue class this goes for all the classes, some of the other classes are going through the same thing..
            Last edited by Ricca; 07-28-2006, 07:14 PM.
            Candrice 63 Warrior
            Ricca 70 Rogue
            Machelle 70 Mage
            Enya 74 Druid

Comment

I think rotations are a good idea and obviously the class leaders are the ones that are responsible for setting them up. But I do agree with Gav that just because you are attuned doesn't mean you are ready for MC. Please don't allow people to skip content while we have properly geared people waiting on the sidelines. I'd rather have all of our people with the best gear possible. Now I realize they can't get MC gear until the start getting into MC. But please don't let someone wearing a whole suit of greens to go over someone who has paid their dues and spent the time grinding through 5man instances to get their Tier 0. Just my 2 cents.

Also, I think if the rotations are going to be setup they need to be setup in advance if possible. Preferably days in advance so no one works their schedule so they can attend a raid that they end up getting bumped off of.
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Actually the rotation would be a good idea but, would it be possible like pistos said to say.. IF the class is full then it will be this person who's turn it is to get bumped. That way they are signed up and then two days later finds out that for some reason they aren't there or moved down to the list. As well just wondering, here is a situation.
                The person that is getting bumped goes to all the raids
                the person getting the new spot goes to a raid once every 3 weeks.
                Is this fair to the person that goes to all the raids, to be replaced by someone who goes once every 3 weeks?

of course I can understand if the other person has other person obligations but still..
                Shiro

Comment

I'm a little wary about this rotation thing but if the issue is that some people haven't seen MC. Could we not setup farming trash mob runs to get them used to how things are handled in MC instead of the rotation? I think it would be a better solution and would help people get to speed on raiding MC instead of throwing them into a raid with 30+ experienced people. Just a suggestion.

My concern really is because the GS gear is very rare and rotating the hunter class would not be fair for the hunters that go on a consistent basis. Just to give everyone an example of the hunter drops, I've been in MC 37 times since we started dkp and have only gotten 2 pieces of GS. I'm not counting the times I went in there when I was still in VB with no dkp but the drops are pretty rare hence most of the hunters are high in the dkp standings. I know that everyone will get their gear eventually but it seems like it's going to take much longer with a rotation in place. Just my two cents.
                  "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

The whole rotation is so everyone can go on raids.. If we have 2 slots (for rogues) and in 30 min from the time the raids are put there it is full by the same people every week is it fair to the ones that work and dont get to check the sign up sheet till later on that day? Its like beating the others to the sign up sheet.. like during the weekday i have at least 5 rogues on and they are on regular..so they put in the Q and wait is it fair to them to be in the Q and not get to go..

Rogues im just making an example of us this doesnt mean your at fault...

I understand everyone wants to go to mc ..Heck I want to go to MC all the time to for dkp but is it fair for the same people to be in the q all the time is what im getting at No i dont think it is.. Im not saying replace with someone who isnt geared i myself wouldnt replace say gaviin or myself with a person who has green or lower lvl blue gear because thats only hurting dps and the raid party and thats what we need for mc.. and to see that person win epics over the person who has been there NO thats not fair to them either.. Thats why I believe before you have a chance at mc you need to have a certain amount of your tier 0 set...
                    Candrice 63 Warrior
                    Ricca 70 Rogue
                    Machelle 70 Mage
                    Enya 74 Druid

Comment

while I may not be trilled with the idea that I may have to sit out in an up coming raid, I gave up my right to object to such things when I steped down as an officer. I do think that if you are going to rotate people out of the list you do need let them know days in advance.. I know I would not be happy if i logged in day of raid and oh sorry your sitting this one out.. not cool.. That being said anogther thing that will help this out big time.. people have to be online in time for the raid invites... I dont know if its just because people know that the raid will start 1hr after invites go out... but this is not what should happen.. every one who wants to go should be online at time of invites so we can start earlly.. I would like to request that we drop that 1hr wait time to 30 mins max.. I understand people have RL things to do.. but if you can not be there on time.. dont sign up for raid, put yourself in the Q, let some one know you are going to be late... :) happy raiding

Comment

I totally agree with that !!!
                        Candrice 63 Warrior
                        Ricca 70 Rogue
                        Machelle 70 Mage
                        Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Many other guilds have go through the same thing and it seems like there are two camps. A set group where 100% (or damn close) attendance is required and rotation of people by class.

Do I want to go to every raid, hell ya, but I understand that we need to get new people in as well. But definitely if there is going to be a rotation please lets let the people who are not getting to go know well before hand.

One other idea (and its just an idea - so please be kind since anytime anything is said about the DKP system people get a bit edgy) is to allow those people who want to sit on a waiting list outside the instance (logged in and ready to go in case someone drops) to accumulate DKP with the raid. You wouldn't be able to "park" outside and play an alt. You would have to be standing there, ready to go, in case your number is called. I think most of us really just want to be in the instance killing stuff, so sitting around doing nothing kinda sucks. But it may be something that helps speed things along when people have to go and people won't feel slighted by "losing" dkp.

I've written and deleted that last paragraph about 4 times. I know there is logistical issues to consider and maybe its just not practical at all... bah. I don't even know if I'd be for it. But, well, its there for discussion now.
                          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

As soon as we open up recruiting again, I think things will be a bit easier. We will be able to run a seperate 20 man raid during 40 man raids. This will help equip people for the 40 man runs AND people won't be bored.

Comment

I think adding a rotation over-complicates and politicizes the equation. This all really boils down to communication with your guildies.

I can say with pretty good certainty that I maintain a good line of comm. with my fellow mages. You basically have to have eachother's backs.

Many times somone may not be able to COMPLETE a raid... or perhaps someone gets DCed and someone else steps in, these things are handled simply enough in class-chat before an officer even gets involved.

If you really would like to make a particular raid - just say so and perhaps you could SPLIT the raid with someone or simply someone will let u in their place. It's really as simple as that. Forcing another queue will create confusion - especially with RL situations and planning your time.

On another note, you cant fault people for not being able to do 5-10 man runs over and over. TG has MORE then enough people to not just be an end-game guild. Fact is, people come to raid and then leave... aside from a core group of perhaps about 10 people. Using PUGs gets worse and worse, and less fun over time, those who dont do the 5-10 mans usually fall into this category - myself included... this is assuming i can even get INTO a PUG.
                              Perhaps we just need more 5-10 mans on the raid schedule itself during the week... like we're starting to do with BRD, UBRS, etc. I dunno.

I really believe the rotation can naturally occur due to your gear requirements and communication. If you got the gear, dont sign up if someone else needs it... or just note your signup that you're willing to leave. Yah, we sacrifice speed and efficiency this way... but, in the long run the guild as a whole is bigger and stronger.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X